Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

SmokNyrEyz Posted at 2016-11-1 22:50
tried to get the logs with dji assistant 2 last night - i let the mavic sit with a spinning wheel  ...

DJI will not use any data from a 2rd party as that data is not all correct.
I'm not sure why you are having issues getting the DAT file from your Mac's.
I'll try to read the log from the GO app on one of the flight data analysis devices when they get in.
BUT, I know that they are going to also want to see the DAT file. Id you cannot get it to work on Mac, I suggest installing the software on a neighbor or friends PC. If not then the only option is to send it in to California so they can get the date from the flight data recorder.
2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

How long until DJI accept that there is a problem. People post their issues, which is beneficial to us all and they get greeted by some with suspicion. Battery percentages, calibrations? Come on. The same thing keeps happening to a variety of people. This is not user error.
2016-11-1
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jenkins Posted at 2016-11-1 10:43
How long until DJI accept that there is a problem. People post their issues, which is beneficial to  ...

Unfortunately, investigation is a corner stone in root problem solving.  By skipping everything as you suggested, nobody could find out what happened.  
2016-11-1
Use props
SmokNyrEyz
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-1 23:06
DJI will not use any data from a 2rd party as that data is not all correct.
I'm not sure why you a ...

Ken - I've emailed you drop box links to the requested files. I look forward to DJI's review and recommendations. Thanks again for your help.
2016-11-1
Use props
A.C.E.
lvl.1

Germany

following for updates
2016-11-2
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-1 22:49
I'm curious how these issues are being triggered really. I am surrounded by 4 large radio towers and ...

All of the arc issues I've seen posted so far all talk about the left stick reporting that it is pushed to the left, when it isn't.

My thoughts on that are that there is likely a controller chipset issue (i.e. interpretation of the analog data coming in from the sticks), controller firmware issue, or perhaps a mechanical flaw in the sensors in the sticks themselves.

We'll have to see if DJI is able to replicate this kind of behavior in house. If it's limited to only a few units out of thousands, then it will be difficult for them to replicate. Hopefully they can get some of these failing ones back in to look at and do a deep diagnostics and/or try to trigger the situation.
2016-11-2
Use props
rtazz17
lvl.2

Mavic 395 Posted at 2016-11-1 08:12
It's unfortunate. I've pretty much always hand caught my phantom 4 and 3 pro, but the Mavic is alm ...

Exactly.....Its a replacable object... Try living without a index finger or thumb on your dominant hand... Not even close to being worth trying to stop a crash...
2016-11-2
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-1 22:49
I'm curious how these issues are being triggered really. I am surrounded by 4 large radio towers and ...

"..and four of those flights are with just my Samsung S7 Edge."

My goodness. You flew a new craft, which is having control issues reported, while using phone-only wifi mode - with the phone famous for rebooting mid-flight?

0O
2016-11-2
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Guys could these issues of LOC and erratic flight behavior be relate do the collision avoidance and errors in that system?   It's the only thing that I can think of that takes control away from the pilot on these drones, and it also overrides RTH.   So if you had malfunctioning collision avoidance software or hardware on the drone it could, in theory, cause some serious LOC behavior.
2016-11-2
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-11-2 23:59
"..and four of those flights are with just my Samsung S7 Edge."

My goodness. You flew a new craft ...

Yeah I did. Those flights were before I read this thread. Get it?
2016-11-2
Use props
SmokNyrEyz
lvl.2

Installed the DJI Go app update today for iOS. Can confirm that it fixed the sticky left stick issue. I've been unable to get the left stick to "stick" as it did before. Re-calibrated controller. Still waiting for DJI to report back on the review of my aircraft DAT file, and the RC files.   Fingers crossed...
2016-11-2
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

SmokNyrEyz Posted at 2016-11-3 12:04
Installed the DJI Go app update today for iOS. Can confirm that it fixed the sticky left stick issue ...

This is great to hear. Maybe this is the fix to a lot of people's issues. Hopefully there is also a firmware update on the way for everything else!
2016-11-2
Use props
3hd9Aq2UtQlM
lvl.2

United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-11-3 00:55
This is great to hear. Maybe this is the fix to a lot of people's issues. Hopefully there is also  ...

The app update did not resolve mech error for me
2016-11-2
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-3 06:05
Yeah I did. Those flights were before I read this thread. Get it?

Then I urge you to look across this forum, or the DJI Go app reviews on the Play store.

One of the reasons I didn't order a Mavic is because I have the same phone.
2016-11-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-11-3 22:05
Then I urge you to look across this forum, or the DJI Go app reviews on the Play store.

One of th ...

I know how you feel man. I had the same fear to be honest. And I'm still hoping that nothing bad will happen. So far 18 flights and no issue. Used RTH all the time.

Although I have to mention this: Every time I hit RTH via the renote control, my Mavic is about 200 to 205 meters up. Also, I always make sure that the home point is recorded and upon swiping on my phone for the mavic to hover or if I manually push the left stick up for it to hover, I make sure that it is about 10 feet high and maje it hover for about 10 seconds for the bottom cameras to properly record the terrain.

I was thinking maybe some folks might be flying their Mavics and immidiately making it fly without it properly recognizing the terrain it took off. Or maybe it did record the terrain but after taking off too soon, the recorded image is too blurry - causing the RTH to malfunction and get confused since it is trying to process the data but too blurry to recognize anything. Thus, the issue is with the VPS.

Just a thought.
2016-11-3
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-4 04:32
I know how you feel man. I had the same fear to be honest. And I'm still hoping that nothing bad w ...

The S7 issue has been ongoing since before the Mavic was even announced - at seemingly random moments the DJI app causes the S7 to reboot.

Sometimes it's when switching between camera and video or some other such action, sometimes without any particular input, you just see 'Galaxy S7' and realize your phone is rebooting. That's bad enough if you're using a controller, as at least you (should) have control sticks.

If you're actually flying via your phone and wifi, without the controller...? *pained expression

You just have to hope it has a good GPS lock and will hover in place while you wait for your device to reboot - and if you don't, hope your phone reboots quickly and that you remember your SIM PIN number and can type it accurately while your Mavic is drifting away...

I've never tried it but I would presume if using phone-only and the phone reboots that would be classed as 'contact lost' which would trigger a RTH? With all the horror stories I'm hearing lately it's not something I'd be willing to risk.
2016-11-4
Use props
SmokNyrEyz
lvl.2

Received the return shipping label and RMA from DJI today. Dropping it off at UPS tomorrow. Sucks to send it back so soon, but clearly they found something in the DAT file and RC data I sent them. They've deemed it unsuitable to fly, and want it sent in for further evaluation. I'll update as I have more.
2016-11-7
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.2

United States

SmokNyrEyz Posted at 2016-11-7 16:29
Received the return shipping label and RMA from DJI today. Dropping it off at UPS tomorrow. Sucks to ...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I keep checking various forums to stay abreast of any issues and this one is really troubling.
2016-11-7
Use props
SmokNyrEyz
lvl.2

United States

A quick update for those of you following this.  Looks like it was a hardware issue after all. I just received this from DJI:

IMG_1687.PNG
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules