Let's not be too hysterical. It ain't that bad...
12Next >
3186 53 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Reading threads in this forum is crazy. I've never seen people complain so much about so little.

Yes, the information from DJI could have been better. And yes the practice of charging the money before it is shipping is questionable (Not something you normally do in the part of the world where I live).

But when it comes to the first-come-first-serve "promise" and estimate of shipment start, I think DJI didn't realize how literally people would be taking this.

Common, shipments started a week or two later than "promised". That is NOTHING!

So shipments go pretty slow. At least seen from our impatient side. Yes, production are seldom on full speed from the beginning. Is it slower than DJI expected or estimated? Well, maybe. I can't tell. But it has started, and it's only just one week ago shipments started. No reason to go panic yet.

So, one guy ordered a drone a day or two after you, but his order has shipped and yours has not? Oh, well. I'm sure for DJI the overall principle is still first-come-first-serve as promised. But a lot things creates variations in the shipments...

When it comes to 3rd party dealers, DJI have no knowledge or control over the shipments and are unaware of when the drones shipped to the dealer, was originally ordered by the end-customer. Some dealers has probably ordered a lot more drones than they had pre-orders. Some dealers has only ordered drones from DJI as they got orders from end-customers...

And there are other logistics circumstances creating variations. DJI are probably shipping from different locations all over the world, and it would be impossible to keep them all 100% in "sync" (Okay, maybe not impossible, but it would make everything slower and more expensive). Also production-wise, maybe they are low on some parts. For example it could be batteries, so they choose to slow delivery of combo-packages a bit down. Alternatively they should use (money for) space to store drones they can't ship because they don't have batteries. So of course they choose to wait shipping combos until battery production is up to the speed. Also maybe the production line can only make packages of one type at the time. So one day the are packing non-combo packages, the next day combo. Etc etc etc...

Above are all guesses and examples of what could be going on. I have no insight knowledge. But people seem to think that production and shipment is much more simple than it really is. Common, it's only been two weeks. Actually it is nothing. It could be soooo much worse.

Yeah, we are all impatient. Me too (ordered a combo on Sept 30th). But the real world is pretty complicated and complex. And honestly, the drone is kind of revolutionizing the drone market. I'm sure the number of orders are bigger than ever seen before.

Look at the positive side. If you order a Mavic in DJI store today, the shipping estimate says "within december". Most current readers here probably ordered late September or early October and should probably receive their drone in November.

Sorry about my rant. But things are going "over the edge" in here in my opinion...

Keep smiling :-)

2016-10-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
2016-10-31
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The issue is NOT the delay. What has made people so angry and frustrated (besides the fact that DJI have taken millions from customers before shipping the product) is the complete lack of information. DJI have shown a complete lack of regard for their so-called valued customers. Their approach to customer service over the past few weeks has been dishonest, cynical and incompetent. That is what most people are angry about.
2016-10-31
Use props
heyengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>

Well said.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As I've said before, when I got engaged to my now wife, her brother said to me.
Getting engaged is like getting a bike for Christmas and not being able to ride it until Easter..
It will be coming soon..
2016-10-31
Use props
fansbd42d019
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29406 ft

"Most current readers here probably ordered late September or early October and should probably receive their drone in November."  =  Fat chance of that happening. DJI hasn't even fulfilled the orders for the first day and hasn't bothered to provide any estimate of shipping. They seem incapable to even estimate which orders should be shipped this year. An appeal to the customer to "be patient" is condescending especially since they have been paid. I would encourage DJI to "be forthright" if they desire patience.
2016-10-31
Use props
heyengel
Second Officer
  • >>>

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-1 05:46
The issue is NOT the delay. What has made people so angry and frustrated (besides the fact that DJI  ...

It has only been 2 weeks.  A week of delay and they started shipping a week ago and this is a very sophisticated product from the design all the way to manufacturing.  If you really think they are being dishonest, you should probably cancel your order.

We all just need to chill.

2016-10-31
Use props
TmZmyY7dg4UY
New

United States

Then why did the offered mid-October delivery if they couldn't deliver. At this point I could have easily purchased a GoPro Karma and be flying it. Now, I either have to wait in the dark, because DJI has not responded any of my requests for information, or place a stop payment and collect my money (less bank fees) and go find another drone. A GoPro Karma most likely.

I have had bad experiences with Chinese companies before and I regret falling once again thinking DJI was different.

P
2016-10-31
Use props
heyengel
Second Officer
  • >>>

TmZmyY7dg4UY Posted at 2016-11-1 06:06
Then why did the offered mid-October delivery if they couldn't deliver. At this point I could have e ...

Hope you enjoy your GoPro Karma!
2016-10-31
Use props
TmZmyY7dg4UY
New

United States

heyengel Posted at 2016-11-1 06:08
Hope you enjoy your GoPro Karma!

I sure will. Casey Neistat received his a couple days before and he's enjoying it a lot!
2016-10-31
Use props
heyengel
Second Officer
  • >>>

TmZmyY7dg4UY Posted at 2016-11-1 06:15
I sure will. Casey Neistat received his a couple days before and he's enjoying it a lot!

Did he post his vlog about the karma already?  I've been waiting for it.
2016-10-31
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

heyengel Posted at 2016-10-31 17:19
Did he post his vlog about the karma already?  I've been waiting for it.

He posted that he received it and that he will review it, but unless he posted a review today, I haven't seen it yet. iPhonedo posted a review. He's not a fan.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TmZmyY7dg4UY Posted at 2016-10-31 22:06
Then why did the offered mid-October delivery if they couldn't deliver. At this point I could have e ...

Go pro American company drone very late also, mid October shipping not delivery.
2016-10-31
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 21:49
Getting engaged is l ...

I rode my bike al over the place at Christmas and am still riding the bloody thing 16 years later
2016-10-31
Use props
sandgrownun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45187 ft

TmZmyY7dg4UY Posted at 2016-11-1 06:06

You answered your first sentence with the second.
2016-10-31
Use props
hepnotic
lvl.1

United States

Could be worse. Watch this guy talk about everything wrong with the karma, and the video being 40 minutes. https://youtu.be/-xmqthgCvxk
2016-10-31
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 17:49
Getting engaged is l ...

I always went for a test ride  before I bought a bike, not you?

Wait....what....ohhhh
2016-10-31
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

The whole deal of it is really terrible. DJI should be hanging themselves in shame right about now. It's embarrassing for such a big drone company like this to fail so hard.
2016-10-31
Use props
fans4720f58e
lvl.2
Canada

Well said Denmark!I work in Logistics for one of the world's largest manufacturing companies and launch times always bring many challenges, especially when there are so many changes to coordinate. I'm anxious but willing to wait patiently. I sold my Phantom to purchase the Mavic so the sooner the better
2016-10-31
Use props
fansbad90a37
lvl.1

Canada

You know, in a university or a college, if you fail to hand in your assignment on time, you usually get a 10% penalty within 24 hours of the deadline.

If you fail to make it for two weeks, you definitely get a ZERO MARK on your assignment.

I always believe that a responsible business made between an adult and a listed company like DJI should be more serious than an undergrad assignment.

There are difficulties when you working on an assignment as well. But the prof and the faculty they do not care about your objective considerations.
2016-10-31
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

People who ordered direct from DJI did so in the knowledge that they would be charged upfront. Ignorance of the T&Cs is not an excuse. You made that concession to be the first in line to receive the Mavic. Most dealers take your financial details and charge once their shipment to you has taken place. However, most large dealers will have made their initial pre orders in advance of you, and they qualify under the terms of first come first served too.

If you feel aggrieved about being charged upfront you will have become aware of that fact immediately after placing your order, giving you plenty of time to cancel within hours and look elsewhere for your Mavic. I made the best guess I could as to which dealers were more likely to have made a pre order in my country to give myself a chance of being an early customer, and in the knowledge that my money stays in my account until shipment. This was done in full knowledge that the order was made pre-release of the product, and delays could be an issue with a pre-release order.

This situation is not the end of the world, how did you cope before you knew the Mavic existed? There are far more important things to worry about; this selfish attitude of material lust will lead to physical and mental instability, as has been exhibited by some of the more aggressive members whose limited vocabulary resorts to slanderous foul mouthed language and infantile behaviour. You don't always get what you want, and there are plenty of people in this world that don't even get what they need, so self righteous rants about who ordered days, hours or minutes before you are wasted on me and a lot of the silent majority here.

And another thing!
DJI have responded in a responsible manner, issuing statements that have been considered and informative. Just because you don't like the news doesn't mean you're going to change the facts. Knee jerk reaction may be your way of venting anger and frustration, but such behaviour creates misinformation and further confusion.
Ahh, that's better.
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CabinPete Posted at 2016-10-31 23:05
I always went for a test ride  before I bought a bike, not you?

Wait....what....ohhhh

Ha Ha at least we can still laugh
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Exib Posted at 2016-10-31 22:37
I rode my bike al over the place at Christmas and am still riding the bloody thing 16 years later

It owes you nothing that bike. Lol
2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:22
People who ordered direct from DJI did so in the knowledge that they would be charged upfront. Ignor ...

Well said , common sense is a very beautiful thing indeed...
2016-10-31
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansbad90a37 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:17
You know, in a university or a college, if you fail to hand in your assignment on time, you usually  ...

You know, in a university or a college, if you fail to hand in your assignment on time, you usually get a 10% penalty within 24 hours of the deadline.
A lot of first and second year university students spend too much time in the students union bar when they should be concentrating on their assignments.

If you fail to make it for two weeks, you definitely get a ZERO MARK on your assignment.
In industry, releasing a product too early can have catastrophic implications for a company.

I always believe that a responsible business made between an adult and a listed company like DJI should be more serious than an undergrad assignment.
You're right, see my first reply.

There are difficulties when you working on an assignment as well. But the prof and the faculty they do not care about your objective considerations.
Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying you're chosen place of further education have employees that act in the same manner as you accuse DJI of acting? Or perhaps you mean the lack of the staff's "objective considerations" of the students needs and wants don't stretch to your overwhelming desire to own a DJI Mavic Pro causing you sleepless nights ranting on social media sites when you should be doing your assignment

2016-10-31
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-1 05:46
The issue is NOT the delay. What has made people so angry and frustrated (besides the fact that DJI  ...

Do you think Go Pro (Karma) is any better?
They have shifted delivery dates till end of November and even the business wires are picking this up.

I don't think DJI deserves anything more than some ribbing and agree with the OP's piece.

2016-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansbad90a37 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:17
You know, in a university or a college, if you fail to hand in your assignment on time, you usually  ...

Private company me thinks
2016-10-31
Use props
fansbad90a37
lvl.1

Canada

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-31 20:14
You know, in a university or a college, if you fail to hand in your assignment on time, you usuall ...

You do not need to reply me this way or I will be flattered for being over-read by someone like you.
Calm down, nobody is making enemy with you or DJI.

As you said, wasting time on alcohol and social is the reason that frosh fail to finish assignment on time. But the one who marks the assignment does not accept any reason. It is the student's fault and the student has to be responsible for it.
And delay of shipping is not the customers' fault, they have paid in full and been promised a shipping time (which is altered on the official website and other platforms). Whatever the reason it is not the concern of those customers.
Do as you said if they cannot fulfill the demand of the market on time, they should announce Mavic a month later to avoid "catastrophic implications". Announcing it in Nov and shipping it the second day is much more better than doing such thing in Sep and shipping it one month later. At least there will not be argument like this on the forum.
2016-10-31
Use props
fansbad90a37
lvl.1

Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 20:38
Private company me thinks

Right, it is not a listed company. Thanks.
2016-10-31
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansbad90a37 Posted at 2016-11-1 02:31
You do not need to reply me this way or I will be flattered for being over-read by someone like yo ...

You are waiting for a product that was advertised as a pre release order. If you've been charged for the drone and that is your main concern, then they will give you your money back. Make your order from an outlet that doesn't charge you until shipment has been made.
I'm sorry if I unduly upset you, but complaining about DJI because you want something that isn't readily available isn't helping. You have to wait. Don't think that this is a conspiracy; it isn't. DJI would not intentionally or wantonly upset its customers. Could it be they are telling the truth? Quality control, production, logistics all play their part. Don't be fooled by listening to the gossip mongers spreading malicious rumour or ill founded ideas as to why your drone has been delayed. It's a couple of weeks late, that's all, and it's been shipping for nearly a week now.
Relax, make peace with your lecturers at college, get your assignments in on time and don't get caught up in the hysteria that seems to be growing by the day and be grateful you didn't order a product like DJI's competitors that are two years late!
2016-10-31
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
United States

As long as I get mine before my Christmas hiatus/vacation all be good and happy!!
2016-10-31
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-1 00:26
Do you think Go Pro (Karma) is any better?
They have shifted delivery dates till end of November  ...

I have not ordered and paid for a GoPro Karma. If GoPro have shifted their dates to the end of November then they are being more open with information to their customers and are beating DJI hands down... DJI have shifted their shipping dates indefinitely for the majority of people who have already parted with their money....
2016-11-1
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

heyengel Posted at 2016-10-31 22:05
It has only been 2 weeks.  A week of delay and they started shipping a week ago and this is a very ...

It is completely clear that DJI have been dishonest... not just an opinion. I will not be cancelling my order because DJI make great products. However this has nothing to do with the appalling way that they are handling this.
2016-11-1
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-31 23:22
People who ordered direct from DJI did so in the knowledge that they would be charged upfront. Ignor ...

DJI have responded in a responsible manner, issuing statements that have been considered and informative.

Seriously? Do tell us which statements DJI have made that you regard to be considered and informative?
2016-11-1
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

There aren't that many but that's the point.
2016-11-1
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-11-1 19:54
You can say "DJI tool" right?

I thought so...

Two weeks late, that's all. We're leaving Europe and you're possibly about to elect a megalomaniac president. Now that's something to get anxious about.
Let's not be too hysterical. It ain't that bad...
2016-11-1
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-11-1 22:35
Excessive drinking of Kool-aid stains the lips...

I really don't mean to be antagonistic DB, but I don't understand what you're talking about. If it's a negative response to anything I've posted then that's fine. I may not be intelligent enough to understand so please bear with me.
2016-11-1
Use props
heyengel
Second Officer
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-11-2 03:52
You go ahead & chill then.  Have another cup of Kool-Aid...DJI is giving free refills!  Allow peop ...

The DJI Kool aid is quite delicious.

I don't understand why people complain about DJI and yet are lurking here and don't want to cancel their orders.  Mind boggling for sure.
2016-11-1
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

TmZmyY7dg4UY Posted at 2016-10-31 15:15

Where did you get that "he's enjoying it a lot"...?  He only showed himself opening the box a couple days ago with the promise of a review.
2016-11-1
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-31 15:29
Go pro American company drone very late also, mid October shipping not delivery.

Yup...  They pushed it to November 28th, except for a very small # they sent into the wild (read, mostly vloggers).
2016-11-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules