DJI Ken Please advise purchasing off ebay.
1313 6 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3974ae06
lvl.2

Ken,

I would like to know if I purchase Mavic pro on ebay and get the receipt from their purchase from DJI website... Is it transferable?

It's brand new sealed in the box... Can I get the care package in case it breaks or get's lost?

Just wondering if I am covered the same as if I bought it myself directly from DJI.

Thanks

2016-10-31
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

If it is not a DJI distributor it will not have a valid warranty.
2016-10-31
Use props
fans3974ae06
lvl.2

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-1 08:45
If it is not a DJI distributor it will not have a valid warranty.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.... What if I purchased one from an authorized dealer and than I gave it to my friend as a gift?  You are saying these cannot be given away as gifts with a warranty?
2016-10-31
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Quite a few manufacturers only want you to deal with them or directly with their authorized dealer, they have a relationship.  You can give it away as a gift and provide a receipt along with it.  But if you buy it on Ebay it may not be an authorized dealer and can void your warranty, saw one of the DJI mods state that.  I would email online sales so you real info.  Just trying help you.
2016-10-31
Use props
fans3974ae06
lvl.2

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-1 09:18
Quite a few manufacturers only want you to deal with them or directly with their authorized dealer,  ...

I have the receipt... It was purchased from authorized dealer new egg and than given to me after.  
2016-10-31
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Don't know what to tell you Ken said in one post if not purchased from dealer warranty is void.
2016-11-1
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't buy any expensive quad through Ebay, the best bet will be to order through a authorized source/dealer. As soon as you take it out of the box and turn it on it will register with DJI but if you then need to make a warranty claim with the service centre and they start to ask where did you purchase from you will then have to state you bought grey imported stock.

If as you questioned it was bought as a present, as long as it was from DJI or a dealer then you would have the correct receipt from that source
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules