Brand new Mavic! No charger + Other Cables Missing [UPDATE]
9287 53 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Unacceptable on the part of DJI but I'm glad you were able to get the situation resolved by yourself.

Awesome shots to be had in Malaysia
2016-11-2
Use props
jfxjlm
lvl.2

United States

Well.. you could say you're missing the battery as well and sell me it for 150. There's always a silver lining.
2016-11-2
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-1 13:46
And I can't go and buy a Micro USB > USB cable to charge the RC because DJI have made their own squa ...

The micro USB plug looks square but it fits any regular curved connector. It fits only one way as you would expect.
2016-11-2
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Maybe I am just late to the party but you said you were missing the charger? But now you have it charged and flying? Where did you locate a Mavic charger?
2016-11-2
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>

st pauli Posted at 2016-11-2 23:20
Maybe I am just late to the party but you said you were missing the charger? But now you have it cha ...

Regarding the charger, he was just missing the two prong cable that goes into the AC/DC adapter, from my understanding.  Luckily That same cable is used in many AC/DC adapters.
2016-11-2
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-11-2 12:46
Regarding the charger, he was just missing the two prong cable that goes into the AC/DC adapter, f ...

Ahh thanks, good to know. I was just trying to make sure all was making sense before adding it to the poll thread about Mavic's with problems.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-2 11:09
Hi Mindy,

Could you please give me the correct email for after-sales support. I've had no email s ...

You could get in touch with our tech support via support@dji.com.
2016-11-2
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

st pauli Posted at 2016-11-2 23:20
Maybe I am just late to the party but you said you were missing the charger? But now you have it cha ...

I was missing two cables I had the actual power block that plugged directly into the Mavic Battery but I didn't have the 2 pin cable that goes into the power block and then into the plug socket in the wall so I couldn't charge my Mavic.

The second cable I was missing was the USB to Micro-USB to charge the Remote Controller.

As I know this issue isn't going to be sorted quickly I've been forced to go and buy my own 2 pin cable and USB to Micro-USB so that's how I've managed to charge it and use it. I nearly thought I wouldn't be able to charge the controller because the Micro-USB they use is sqaure and not curved on two of the corners like the universal standard Micro-USB, but luckily I took it to a store and the guy let me test with the regular Micro-USB and it fitted and worked.
2016-11-2
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-2 22:55
The micro USB plug looks square but it fits any regular curved connector. It fits only one way as  ...

Yeah I figured that once I took it to the store and the guy let me test it, although the next challenge was finding a Micro-USB that didn't have a fat head round the actual connection so that it could fit into the gap on the controller.

People don't see this as a big issue because I can just go and buy some cables... That's not the point. It's not acceptable and it is an issue. I've patiently waited for my Mavic after the delays and finally got it and then potentially at the time was not going to be able to use it. And I am only able to use it because I took time off from work to go out and find the cables I needed. Otherwise I would have had to wait until the weekend and just let my Mavic sit there from Tuesday morning. And lets face it, nobody on these forums would have been letting there Mavic just sit there for 4-5 days before they went to find cables.
2016-11-2
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-3 09:38
You could get in touch with our tech support via .

Hi Mindy,

Could you please try and get some traction going on my support for the missing cables. I never got that email from support like the agent on live chat said I would. It's been 3 days. I submitted a ticket yesterday and still haven't heard back yet today... Then I randomly got an email from a an 'Ellen' who was not emailing from a DJI email address telling me to contact support about 3 missing cables via the live chat feature on the bottom right of the website (blue bar). Seems like I'm being given the run around a bit.

I really don't know what is going on.

Support Ticket/Request Number: 329086
2016-11-3
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Mindy.

I'm also missing a few bits:

The manual
2 x USB cables
Extra Props
AC Power charger
Controller
Battery
Mavic
And box.

Please send to the same address as my order =)
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-4 12:40
Hi Mindy,

Could you please try and get some traction going on my support for the missing cables.  ...

Sorry for that. I'll help to escalate your case.
2016-11-3
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-4 14:14
Sorry for that. I'll help to escalate your case.

Thank you for that. They replied to me and now I'm being told to email another place, onlinesales@.

New support/ticket number is: 299246.

Any help would be appreciated.
2016-11-3
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Okay just thought I'd give an update on this situation... Finally after all this time it's been resolved.

I managed to finally deal with a customer support agent who dealt with me directly. She shipped out the missing cables for me to my home address and also included a free car battery charger for the inconvenience caused (although I did have to ask for this incentive, but they still said yes, so don't ask don't get I suppose). So all is resolved. DJI support is known for being bad, but I think they are trying to improve it. They came through on this for me, although most of it was down to my asking. They still need to work on their replies as they sometimes take more than 24 hours to get back to you.

Either way I'm happy now its been resolved, Mavic has still been fine with no issues after 36 flights 4 and a half hours of flying.

Hope lots more people have got their Mavics over the last 2 months and the issues haven't been growing.
2016-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules