Any Android "spinning RTH" or "no control" issues ?
12Next >
2924 50 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

Hi !

I guess its not JUST that easy but when i crossread the postings of serious problems i can find two major categories that MAY are even the same...

-1- spinning cradt during RTH, some with very wide circles, logs show "ghost" yaw input.
-2- simply no control suddenly, sometimes combined with the "ghost" yaw (-1-)

People mostly state they used iOS but beeing new to DJI myself i can see there is a strong Apple community here (reated user profiles i guess).

So did anyone using Android experience the above effects ?
(not talking about the infamous S7 reboot)

Thank you,

Nils

2016-11-1
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Interested in the outcome on this one
2016-11-1
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

Using S7 Edge here. 15 full flights until low battery kicks in and used RTH without any issues.
2016-11-1
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Germany

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-1 11:24
Using S7 Edge here. 15 full flights until low battery kicks in and used RTH without any issues.

Sounds good, S7 Edge waiting for the Mavic here as well, Note 3 as an emergency replacement :-)

Nils
2016-11-1
Use props
firefreak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3517 ft
Sweden

Yes, mine started cirkling by itself on flight #10. Full GPS lock. No stick input. Just started doing 2-3m wide cirkles.

Did 3-4 of them and then I manually flew it a bit more and then landed safely.

HTC 10. Android 6.0.1.
2016-11-1
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

First time that I read about android combined with this uncontrolled movement..
But you did have control to fly it back and land, this is not the same then I guess.
Have you reported this to DJI and send in your LOG files?
Please share some more information, software version, calibrated for GPS and calibrated controller, battery voltage?
What are your thoughts about this happening...
2016-11-1
Use props
firefreak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3517 ft
Sweden

I flew all 10 flights at the same location, just charged and flew. First #9 flights were without issue. Just put in a new battery, flew for a few minutes and then it started cirkling. Had no issue at that exact spot just a few minutes earlier, and later.

I have not reported it yet.

Flight log clearly shows no RC input and 17 sattelites GPS lock.

Having flown alot of DJI craft for over 3 years this has never happened. This is definitely a bug in the software. Landed, changed battery, flew again, no issues, same location.

Luckily I have no problem flying it manually and was testing it in a large open area since I know there can be bugs. But if I was flying in a more closed space or if I didn't know how to manually fly it I guess this would have been quite serious.
2016-11-1
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4

firefreak Posted at 2016-11-1 19:39
I flew all 10 flights at the same location, just charged and flew. First #9 flights were without iss ...

Ok but did you had any control when it happened? How did you land it when the issue occured?
2016-11-1
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Please share some more information, software version, calibrated for GPS and calibrated controller?
2016-11-1
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I'm starting to wonder if these are kinks in their new proprietary wireless protocol for this drone.
2016-11-1
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

So has anyone tried using the drone without a phone and have any issues?
2016-11-1
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Germany

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-1 13:09

Thx, was just about to ask :-)
So sad that its NOT just an iOS thing...

Nils
2016-11-1
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-1 07:09

Realistically, I do not think the phone has anything to do with these issues. The phone is merely a display for the Mavic data, and sets in put. For the "follow me" features, and others like it, it is not clear if the phone is analyzing the video feed, or if it's the mavic itself, but for normal flight, the phone just displays the data, else you would not be able to fly without a phone. So, I really don't think this thread will provide anything except confusion.

Best thing to do is send DJI logs whenever you experience this issue, until they can figure out the problem. Though my best guess is that they already know the problem, and are already working on a software fix, or even have it fixed already, but are in testing. Many devs may just make a "one line code change" and send it straight out, but I think with the complexity of this system, they are a little more careful. It would take a couple weeks from the time a problem is identified until a new firmware version is released. Any faster than that, and I would personally accuse them of being reckless in their development practices.
2016-11-1
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Germany

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-1 14:19
Realistically, I do not think the phone has anything to do with these issues. The phone is merely  ...

Speaking of complex Systems you can not rule out that its the App but of course i agree that its not very likely.
Someone please switch off the Tx when the circling / no control issue comes up and we learn something new :-)

Nils
2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Turning off the controller is probably a bad idea. If it crashes and you have to send the flight logs they'll say it's your fault for turning off the controller.
2016-11-1
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

I am going to do the following things when I receive mine:

1.  Immediately purchase the DJI $99 insurance/whatever it's called
2.  Keep it to very controlled, short range flights for the first 10 or more flights.    Heck I might do this until a firmware is released.
3.  If I get any anomalies I'll ground her until an update
4.  Going to test 1 feature per flight in those same short range controlled sessions
2016-11-1
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Jenkins Posted at 2016-11-1 16:21
Turning off the controller is probably a bad idea. If it crashes and you have to send the flight log ...

Is the "no control" issue appears, meaning no response to any input by the remote controller.. why would the Mavic respond if the controller is shut down. It was already not responding. In case it does respond it would be because of signal lost between Mavic and controller, so after a certain amount of time(I'm guessing 3 seconds) it will go to RTH.

Yes being careful is the best advise you can get at this moment, or not flying even better?
2016-11-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

Because DJI will try to get out of accepting responsibility and turning off your controller is the perfect get out.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jenkins Posted at 2016-11-1 23:59
Because DJI will try to get out of accepting responsibility and turning off your controller is the p ...

100% false.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If anyone has an experience like this then download the DAT file to your computer and upload it to Dropbox and contact support. Also get the program to read the RC logs.
You can start a case or report it here and I will forward the DAT file and RC flights logs.
2016-11-1
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

Yes please upload your DAT files.   The developers need multiple data sets to ensure they get the total picture of what is going on.    This will lead to a quicker firmware fix if it's determined to be a problem.
2016-11-1
Use props
jfxjlm
lvl.2

United States

Flown maybe 15-20 flights, android 6.0.1, Oneplus 3 phone. I fly without VSS or obstacle avoidance, all off.
No issues with flight yet, unable to finish RC calibration due to the Done area unable to be pressed.
That is the only issue I've noticed.
2016-11-1
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-1 23:48
Is the "no control" issue appears, meaning no response to any input by the remote controller.. why  ...

In both cases, RTH Spinning (aka toilet bowl of death) and no control it could be that false/corrupted stuff is transmitted to the Mavic.
Switching the Controller off would eliminate that possibility and if the Mavic is healthy it will just go through the "normal" RTH routine which is good.
(ALso in normalusage the Controllers battery could run down or you could loose signal, smae thing, RTH is exactly built for this case)
If the Controller is NOT the problem Mavic will continue to go haywire which is bad but not worse then before.
Log is in the Mavic and will be recorded anyways.

So its an idea, maybe even a good one.
DJI-Ken acknowledged that this would NOT void the warranty or thwart claims to DJI.

Nils
2016-11-1
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
United States

nils_heidorn Posted at 2016-11-1 11:51
In both cases, RTH Spinning (aka toilet bowl of death) and no control it could be that false/corrup ...

Correct.   Switching the controller off should NOT cause the drone to fall out of the sky.    It should treat it as a lost signal and initiate return to home.   

The FIRST thing everyone should do before flying is change your RTH to a safe altitude.   
2016-11-1
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-11-2 00:54
Correct.   Switching the controller off should NOT cause the drone to fall out of the sky.    It s ...

YES, some trees in the Neigbourhood show proof that RTH ALtitude should be higher then exactly those trees :-P

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-1 18:24

Likewise using S7 edge. No issues although no reason to use RTH yet.
Have found the edge curved side meant I need to set the S7 a bit lower in the clamps to I can tap top menus. It is a bit pokey to get it into the RC clamps too.

No controllability issues at all so far. It has just asked me to do a compass swing a couple of times. Most probably because I booted it up indoors. Flies beautifully.  Oh just a minor issue, when landing after touchdown I have made rhe CRC gesture to shut down. When doing so, the aircraft starts to roll while on the ground. Probably due to asymmetry in my inputs until sticks get to the corners. So have switched to using the hold the stick down for three seconds method. No roll.
2016-11-2
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3

Logger Posted at 2016-11-3 02:20
Likewise using S7 edge. No issues although no reason to use RTH yet.
Have found the edge curved s ...

@Logger,
there were thise rebbot Problems with the S7(Edge) after the August update with pre-Mavic DJI GO versions.
DO you have an "up-to-date" version ?
I am waiting for the Mavic and did not yet allow the post AUgust updates so i am interested if Samsung or DJI fixed tah.
Any info on why your S7 Edge ist working fine ?

:-)

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ranen
DJI team
Flight distance : 191562 ft
Hong Kong

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 00:12
If anyone has an experience like this then download the DAT file to your computer and upload it to D ...

I'd like to second Ken. If anyone has this experience, please upload your DAT files to Dropbox and send us the link here. R&D is eager to identify and fix any potential Mavic issues.
2016-11-4
Use props
Isigeda
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I cannot Calibrate the rc either, the done button just can't be pressed
2016-11-4
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Hello DJI-Ranen, well I cannot identify every incident(and determine if it is a bug) but your colleagues are reading this forum for a long time and have spoken to a lot of people with problems, DJI should call people by phone and cooperate in order to get every information for investigation as soon as possible.

If investigation and getting sollutions is top priority, have EVERY Mavic that was considered "out off control" send in by swapping out for a new Mavic instantly.
Have some spare mavics ready, deliver them to contacted people and take the to be investigated Mavic back to office.
Fair for end users en good for DJI to get things solved.
In my opinion a real sollution is extremely welcome for everyone that is having a Mavic, wish you all the best and good luck with investigating.
2016-11-5
Use props
5LupxgWl7JoR
lvl.1

United States

Ok I am not sure if this is the same thing that is happening here but I have no idea what happened to mine. About 11 min into flight it went on the fritz and gained altitude and started spinning. I put on youtube because it was the only way I can figure out how to do a video on this site. Not wanting to fly again till I can figure this out.
Thanks
2016-11-5
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

5LupxgWl7JoR Posted at 2016-11-6 05:38

Ok I am not sure if this is the same thing that is happening here but  ...

Wow, that looks bad. No human can flip that stick so quick to 0-100% in 3 directions at random.

The thing is, that it does match the left stick position, the way it is spinning.

Was this your first flight and RC Calibration was done?
2016-11-5
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4

Seriously though, I'm 20 flights in using Samsung S7 Edge. I only calibrated compass when the app prompted me to do so. I have not calibrated my RC at all and I'm not getting any issues with it. I keep seeing posts that they are calibrating compass before flight and constantly calibrating RCs. I guess the factory calibration works just fine for our RCs and calibrating it again gets its values messed up big time.
2016-11-5
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

5LupxgWl7JoR Posted at 2016-11-6 12:38
https://youtu.be/RsEjUHmsQh4

Ok I am not sure if this is the same thing that is happening here but  ...

with that input, no wonder Mavic went rogue, I think it's an issue with OccuSync
2016-11-5
Use props
BBMach
lvl.1

United States

I changed my name from the (5LupxgWl7JoR) to BBMach

Nees Posted at 2016-11-5 23:54
Wow, that looks bad. No human can flip that stick so quick to 0-100% in 3 directions at random.

Th ...

This was the 7th flight. Did the firmware update all seemed good. flight before it did the same thing but only for like 30 seconds. The time before I did not do a calibration before lift off so I thought that was the problem (did not prompt me to). On this last flight I did the calibration and flew for 11 min just fine. 11 min in it took off and did that for like 7 or 8 min. I stayed under hoping for a dead battery to fall out of the sky before it flew away.
Really not wanting to fly again until I can get some info on what its doing. That's to much money and waited way to long to watch it crash or fly off.
Side note..... sorry for the poor video its a short clip I took last night to get it on here for help and bring to light what happened.
2016-11-6
Use props
BBMach
lvl.1

United States

leostark Posted at 2016-11-6 02:02
with that input, no wonder Mavic went rogue, I think it's an issue with OccuSync

Is that something I can change or adjust to fix the problem
2016-11-6
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

BBMach Posted at 2016-11-6 20:08
Is that something I can change or adjust to fix the problem

DJI should fix that with a firmware update mate, it's their replacement for lightbridge so I guess it takes a bit of time to iron out the bugs.
2016-11-6
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Hi BBMach,
Can you what DJI-Ken is requesting?

"If anyone has an experience like this then download the DAT file to your computer and upload it to Dropbox and contact support. Also get the program to read the RC logs.
You can start a case or report it here and I will forward the DAT file and RC flights logs."
2016-11-6
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

I use Android (Galaxy S7) and I had a crash a few nights ago. Full details here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=70952
2016-11-6
Use props
BBMach
lvl.1

United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-6 09:16
Hi BBMach,
Can you what DJI-Ken is requesting?

Is there a video on how to put it on the computer? sorry new to this. I did upload to the could off of my phone not sure if anything can be done with that.
Thanks for all the help that can be sent my way.
2016-11-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules