Focusing difficultties
1216 8 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Having real difficulties here on numerous flights. I'm aware of the tap to focus and am using it. I'm trying to focus where things are almost the same distance away in the distance but am getting very soft images and video from the last 15% of the right side. It seems that centre and left will be sharp but right is soft. However, I can bring the right side into focus when I tap there but then the left and middle are out of focus. I tried to focus on the horizon but that doesn't help either and the right side always looks soft. Strange because everything is about 60-100m distance from me so to me that means that the focus is on infinity and everything should be sharp. I've tried recalibrating everything and latest firmware etc.
2016-11-1
Use props
Frank I.
lvl.2

"It seems that centre and left will be sharp but right is soft. However, I can bring the right side into focus when I tap there but then the left and middle are out of focus."

That's interesting! You're the first to state that you can actually bring the soft side into focus.

This really looks like another misaligned lens...

Can anyone else who has issues with one side of the image looking soft confirm this?

2016-11-1
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yes, this makes me think that it is software and not hardware perhaps but then some people have perfect units so I'm not sure.
2016-11-1
Use props
fans43995a6d
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Id be very surprised if it is software sadly. By focusing your moving the lens elements so a misaligned lens will cause one side that was once blurry not to be.
2016-11-1
Use props
spongedid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

I'm afraid that a misaligned lens will never be fixed by software...
2016-11-1
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I've published it so you can see yourselves.

2016-11-1
Use props
crbalch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167057 ft
United States

I've got this same exact issue. I am sending it back for a replacement.
2016-11-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

And another one... This is not funny! I'm going to check with the store if I buy one, that they allow me to return it to them, when there is a issue like that and show them the issues.
2016-11-1
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.2

United States

Dji ken. Your thoughts! Same here. I'll post a video tonight or tomorrow. I've also been issued a exchange from dji. I spent an entire flight trying to resolve with doing a wall and random flight test as well and the bottom corners are soft. If I tap on the corner it'll sharpen up but then I get other soft areas  it's a mess. I'll have to wait another 3 weeks for a exchange. Smh. Dji ken. Any conments?
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules