3701 48 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf906a12b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

phatee Posted at 2016-11-2 06:12
in the second video after the crash...did he take out the batterry? or did it come off during the c ...

I don't think the battery came out in flight, it just cut. You hear it start to spin up again just before it hits.
2016-11-2
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like how he pointed out the Karma has an orbit mode while the Mavic can do this just not automatically. He clearly didn't do a lot of research into how to use all the Mavic's capabilities....
2016-11-2
Use props
fans8f232825
lvl.2

United States

RIP the dudes Karma that just took off on its own.. The karma's planet needs it
2016-11-2
Use props
alexbar65a
lvl.1

Argentina

i think is a go pro ad ...!! how much did they paid to this guy ...
2016-11-2
Use props
MadCow12
New

United States

I have seen a couple Karma reviews and if you have ever had a DJI Phantom or Inspire then there is no way you would buy a karma.  Personally I think it is tragic that the Karma in its current form was ever approved by go pro to go to market.  I also feel the same way with the Mavic since so many people are having problems with them. It is not a isolated incident, I wish they had just waited and then said they were pushing it back a month to fix the bugs and test it more. Both business plans for gopro and karma are flawed to the point that so long as the consumer has a product in their hands they can fix it later so long as they were first to the market with the new and shiny drone but I realize that is not the real world.  I am pretty sure that karma passed the point of no return before they told themselves that it was a inferior drone to just about anything out there in the $1000 range so they packaged it with a handheld and a case to try to sway the consumer.
2016-11-3
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

TommyJeep Posted at 2016-11-2 14:47
Well said!

When GoPro announced their Karma, I was wondering what they were going to do about the ...

When GoPro announced their Karma, I was wondering what they were going to do about the native fish-eye lens.
They have a new camera the Hero 5 Black and that is supposed to stop the fisheye effect.
Right now Karma is not even taking orders. Maybe they came to this forum for a looksy.

2016-11-3
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

Both companies are dealing with hiccups in the production process right now, the demand is high for both but neither were fully tested and ready for release. But I guess the limited release on both parties leads to the bugs getting discovered faster. It sucks for those that paid to be beta testers and for the rest of us who are annoyed because we don't get to play. The wait definitely sucks, but I'll be happier with a better product once they get it fully tuned.
2016-11-3
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Lol... the tap to focus, forgotten lol .
2016-11-3
Use props
MadCow12
New

United States

While it sucks I sold my Phantom 3 it may be the best thing that they fix the problems and slow down production to deliver a true product, I know id does not say anywhere it is slowing production down but I do believe that they are taking more time to address the issues other people are having in the forum.  I did see yesterday that gopro took a 40% hit on sales this last quarter and I do not think the karma is going to help. I do a lot of drone work for my department, and it is mainly on company time and free ;) so not having one has been a blessing the last week. My reply " Sold mine, new one backordered till next year" The below was put out about 13 hours ago. I can imagine the main forum is goin insane and people that have them in hand are going to sell them at Ebay at unheard of profits.

DJI’s hyped Mavic Pro drone is still experiencing shipping setbacks.

The company published a blog post today noting that orders for one of the small, foldable aircraft placed before Nov. 3 may not ship for seven to eight weeks — roughly the end of 2016.

As Recode reported a couple of weeks ago, customers were complaining when they still hadn’t heard word about when they’d receive their $999 aircraft nearly a week after it was supposed to ship in mid-October.

DJI has since started sending out some Mavics, but apparently the whole process is going slower than some customers had expected.

The company wrote in a blog post today that one reason for the delay has to do with problems integrating one of the parts in the manufacturing process, but it says that’s been resolved.

DJI’s website now estimates new orders placed today will ship “within December, on a first-come, first-served basis."
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules