Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A few RC Transmission questions
643 15 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lablover
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166791 ft

So

After my ipad aut updated my DJI GO app to 3.01 I have been getting "Weak Transmission" warnings.  Sort of bothered me because they show up at around 700 ft....yes feet.  My old ipad has DJI go ver 3.0 but for the life of me can not get it to transfer to the new ipad.  Always wants to go to itunes store and get the new. one....grrrrrrrrr

It's the exact same route I fly near the house..Pretty populated area and I do it when I cant get out to a larger area.  Anyway, found some Parabolic Reflectos at Best Buy and now the issues no longer show up...Swell

Questions:

What does "Weak Transmission" really mean.  That I'm going to loose the video feed or I'm going to loose the feed from the RC and AC???

Next question.  Ot sure who makes these Parabolics as no company name on the box.  The backs on the plastic have like squigly lines on them ??  Any suggestions on a pair that may be better know here among you folks.  I dont mind investing if need be to keep my AC safe from the ground!...LOL

Look forward to tips and suggestions

Thanks everyone

Joe
2016-11-1
Use props
digdat0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

I personally think the latest DJI go is buggy, i'm staying on 2.9.2 on my ipad. I also ran into lots of transmission weak errors, but i had full rc/video bars on 3.0, so i went back to the older version.

Here's a link to a good set of windsurfers. I took a set of these out to 60k feet and back, they work well (but results will vary depending on your conditions): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017IP2P98
2016-11-1
Use props
lablover
lvl.3

digdat0 Posted at 2016-11-2 06:03
I personally think the latest DJI go is buggy, i'm staying on 2.9.2 on my ipad. I also ran into lots ...

Is there a easy way to revert back on the iOS app version?
2016-11-1
Use props
digdat0
Second Officer
United States

lablover Posted at 2016-11-1 15:16
Is there a easy way to revert back on the iOS app version?

"easy" is in the eye of the beholder ;) can you download, install software, copy/paste and follow instructions? if so, its pretty simple and i just figured it out recently and made a video with instructions. I got auto updated to 3.0 and  had bad signal issues, i found a way to fool itunes to download the older version. Here's my video (i need to update to remove a few steps, but it will work 100%).

2016-11-1
Use props
lablover
lvl.3

Yea, already tried that.  I think its not working for me because I have the newest version of MAC iOS...Pretty frustrating
2016-11-1
Use props
digdat0
Second Officer
United States

detailed steps here: https://docs.google.com/document ... 1481033813559533783

feel free to post if you have any issues. it looks complex, but its pretty easy.  I recommend DJI go 2.9.2 on iOS.
2016-11-1
Use props
lablover
lvl.3

I'll keep trying but every time I try I tunes tell me server can not be found...That only happens when Charles is open.  I can never start a download when Charles is up..Very odd!
2016-11-1
Use props
lablover
lvl.3

Did a restore from my older iPad...Worked..I'm back to 3.0....Wooooohoooooooo

I do wish I could get the Charles to work right however
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the trouble, may I know what the firmware version for your aircraft and remote? and what's your aircraft model?
To locate the issue, please help clarify your ios system and model of your iPad.
May I know do you have the screenshot or video showing the issue?
Since you have installed the older version, please feel free to let us know the result, thanks.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

"Weak Transmission" means image transmission signal has been interfered, it may be caused by the environment around, you could check HD page on APP about the Channels, please keep it on auto.
Please make sure you adjust the antenna all the time during flight to optimal range.
On your iPad, please turn on "Hardware decoding" and turn off all background programs as well.
2016-11-1
Use props
lablover
lvl.3

DJI P Pro. on most current firmware for AC...1.6 for RC. Hardware decoding was on as well as all other apps off in background.  IOS 10 and Ipad 9.7 pro
2016-11-2
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

lablover Posted at 2016-11-2 13:51
DJI P Pro. on most current firmware for AC...1.6 for RC. Hardware decoding was on as well as all oth ...

The newest for RC is 1.8
2016-11-2
Use props
lablover
lvl.3

And from what I'm reading I should leave it alone. . I've had no issues with 1.6. Until I read 1.8 is stable I will stay at 1.6
2016-11-2
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

lablover Posted at 2016-11-2 14:37
And from what I'm reading I should leave it alone. . I've had no issues with 1.6. Until I read 1 ...

I've updated to 1.8 and I'm getting Weak image transmission signal error on a lot smaller distance than the one I would usually get the error on
I shouldn't have updated...
2016-11-2
Use props
kirk2579
First Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2016-11-2 09:47
I've updated to 1.8 and I'm getting Weak image transmission signal error on a lot smaller distance  ...

easy to revert back to 1.6
2016-11-2
Use props
lablover
lvl.3

Knowing what I know now..I would of left well enough alone a few updates ago. . It is what it is.  Now if DJI fixes these little quirks..Now that would be nice!!
Using the backup from my older Ipad I will say the nice thing is I got my 32 channel back too. :0
2016-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules