Still loving my P2V
911 2 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Its been nearly 2 years since I purchased my P2V, and to this day I still love flying it, I was fortunate that being a user of Litchi app as opposed to the DJI app I didn't fall prey to the update that has caused so much grief for many of my fellow P2V owners.

My mods so far are

Standard transmitter replaced with upgraded version
RE500 swapped out for RE700
Itelite DBS antenna fitted to increase max FPV and Control range
Rotorpixel gimbal fitted (just got the Taco 3D gimbal from ebay)
Upgraded GPS puck (I can get 9 satellites inside my house)
Original legs and compass replaced with the legs and new shielded compass from the Phantom 2 Vision.
Recently reshelled as old shell was looking tatty and worn
Latest Mod is to add the tablet bracket from the Inspire controller, much better quality and holds all sizes of phone and tablet.

People keep saying I should upgrade to a P3, but all that can do that mine can't do is things like
Record in 2/4K, I cant edit files of that size so thats not a selling point.
Do more things with the ground station software in relation to POI's etc, again not something thats of a concern to me as I like to fly the quad.
Fly further, well I can hit 6000ft with the Itelite, but as UK regs state line of site flying then again not an issue.
Can't really think of anything else that makes it any better than mine, ok except the 3D (and also fragile) gimbal.

Then there is things like DJI being able to cripple the quad through firmware updates, no more FW updates for us P2 owners.

And then there is the cost of the batteries, need I say more on that subject ?

I know at some stage, maybe next year when I can't get anymore spares or indeed batteries (getting rarer and more expensive) and the quad wont fly anymore that I will be forced to update to a newer version, but in the mean time I'm more than happy with my Phantom 2 Vision

My Phantom 2 Vision

My Phantom 2 Vision
2016-11-1
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Awesome!
Nice setup there.

I got you beat, I still fly my P1 MORE than my P3A, although in all honesty, I don't fly either one anywhere near as much as I used to mostly due to public attitudes and stupid regulations.

I know DJI needs to keep selling the new models but honestly, there's nothing the new ones can do that I need than my current ones don't already do.   But I can appreciate those who upgrade.
I'm just a casual flyer who occasionally likes aerial views.

2016-11-1
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Cessna, I'm happy to be beaten by someone who still flies a P1, it's nice to see I'm not alone, although you did succumb to the dark side and bought a P3, as for fun, well let's face it you prob wouldn't lose much sleep if you crashed the P1 and wrote it off but would defo be upset if you crashed the P3
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules