Mavic pro camera problem.
12Next >
15610 69 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

[size=14.6667px]Well I have not had any problems with my mavic pro during any of the 11 flights so far that I have done. I am very thankful for that. But I was talking to another user on the forum today and they said they are sending their mavic pro back soon because they had the toilet bowl of death problem at one point, and also the right hand side of the pictures are blurry. I decided to check my pictures and on my mavic pro, the left hand side is blurry on every picture. I also mainly use center focus so that the picture should be focused evenly on both sides. But on every picture I have checked so far, the picture on the left hand side, the entire length of the picture is blurry. Is there a software fix for this so that it wouldn't have to be sent in? Is anyone else having any issues like this as well? I really don't want to have to send it in to Dji.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Pictures are at this link:
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]http://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-pro-camera-problem.883/#post-12591
2016-11-1
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you post a picture of the problem... upload and post the link here with the picture button
2016-11-1
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems to be a problem that is widely reported. People have had to send their Mavics back. The lens isn't installed correctly and is slightly mis-aligned.
2016-11-1
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-11-2 07:37
Seems to be a problem that is widely reported. People have had to send their Mavics back. The lens i ...

Sigh...  Yet another reason to consider postponing my Mavic purchase (or only buying from a local retailer) and continue flying my trustworthy P3Ps.  
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

JBSonic Posted at 2016-11-2 07:33
Can you post a picture of the problem... upload and post the link here with the picture button

I posted a link to example pictures up.
2016-11-1
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

Incogneito, I have seen your pics on the other forum (I think this is you). There is definitley a blurriness on the left, that would definitely bug me. Dont know if I would go through the hastle of sending it back after the wait you had to get it. Sucks

DJI_0045.jpg
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

So should I just let it go, hope a firmware update will fix it (which I'm reading it's the sensor wasn't installed correctly), or return it for the problem to be fixed?
2016-11-1
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

If you can live with it. Me personally a casual fiyer and just enjoy flying I would probably keep it. Its a tough call
2016-11-1
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

Adding to this, you know damn well your eyes are going to shoot towards the left side everytime you look at your pics. Someone else might not notice but man that would bug the sh.. out of me
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

I'm a casual flyer and enjoy flying as well. I didn't notice it till someone said that theirs was doing something like this and I looked at the pictures again. The main reason I wouldn't want to send it in is because I haven't had any flight problems with it as others are. Maybe I got a good flying one. If I do get have a flying problem where I don't have any control over the mavic, it will be sent in immediately. Another thing I worry about as well is; is there a chance this problem could get worse and take up more of the pictures?
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

I'm just upset because I was hoping that there was at least one "almost" "problem free" mavic pro in the wild. Especially with all the hype this quadcopter has around it. I'm gonna read what others did and what other people suggest. Another thing I read is that the turn around is more than 2 weeks and by that time I will not be able to fly anymore. Maybe I will wait till then to send it back.
2016-11-1
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

I am no expert and am sure a DJI rep will pop in a give some real advise. I would keep it if it were me, I don't think the blurriness will get any worse over time. Having waited all that time to get it. Id feel like gollum with his ring (my precious).
Adding: the pics you did share look really good. Im suprised what this little thing can do... truly amazing stuff. Jealous as hell you have yours Ordered mine Oct. 1st....waiting
2016-11-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

RAVEN7 Posted at 2016-11-2 00:51
Incogneito, I have seen your pics on the other forum (I think this is you). There is definitley a bl ...

Would be unacceptable for me. As I'm going to do photography with it also.
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

How do I go about doing an RMA as well? Do I have to email Dji and then wait for them to email me? You can see the blur in the left side correct? I'm not imagining it am I? It looks the same distance in on every picture I have taken with the mavic pro as well.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Please visit this page for support information. If there is an issue, we'll get it taken care of quickly and easily.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

This is what I got from chat after resetting the camera and still having the same issue.

Thank you. I will get back to you within 24-48hrs. I need to communicate this tou our R&D department. I will send email to you once i got there answer.

I guess we shall see what happens. I have read that the sensor wasn't installed correctly center.
2016-11-1
Use props
Khan SW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32956 ft
United States

incogneito Posted at 2016-11-1 20:35
This is what I got from chat after resetting the camera and still having the same issue.

Thank you ...

I have the same problem but only on the right side not the left. I contacted support and they said to do the gimbal calibration and an IMU calibration. Neither of these calibrations will have an effect on the camera sensor for focusing. *sigh*
2016-11-1
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Khan SW Posted at 2016-11-1 19:45
I have the same problem but only on the right side not the left. I contacted support and they said ...

Good grief, what kind of support was that? What does gimbal calibration and IMU calibration have ANYTHING to do with a defocused image on one side of the camera.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

incogneito Posted at 2016-11-2 09:35

Thank you ...

Were you able to start a ticket?
If not, call 818-235-0789 in the morning and start a case# and include a link to the photos or add the photos to the ticket. (And don't use Mavic Pilots as the link, use Dropbox. I can only see the one photo on this site.
2016-11-1
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 11:28
Were you able to start a ticket?
If not, call 818-235-0789 in the morning and start a case# and in ...

i talked with chat and sent several pictures to them. They said they would email me in 24 - 48 hours. we shall see about that.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

incogneito Posted at 2016-11-2 11:50
i talked with chat and sent several pictures to them. They said they would email me in 24 - 48 hou ...

Ok, sounds good then.
2016-11-1
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

Someone else is having problems with the camera also in the forum saying it does not focus
2016-11-1
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 12:10
Ok, sounds good then.

Hello Ken,
what do you say is there *any" chance to just send back the camera/gimbal if the lens problem is on my Mavic or does it have to be the whole thing ?
(And of course even better to get an exchange camera / gimbal then)

I am asking because its pure horror to wait 1-3 month on a Mavic and then 1-3 month again to get it back after just unpacking it and schecking the camera finding it faulty...

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

A flying camera that has a misaligned sensor or lens, resulting in half the photos being blurry?

Of course you should send it back, with no question.
2016-11-2
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
Ireland

I'm stunned that after spending $1000 that some people would be happy to sit with a defective product.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans43995a6d
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Airwater Posted at 2016-11-2 11:08
I'm stunned that after spending $1000 that some people would be happy to sit with a defective produc ...

I guess it's people hoping and praying they can do anything they can to not send it in. Because once you do.. I just don't see you getting a new one this year..
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

nils_heidorn Posted at 2016-11-2 17:54
Hello Ken,
what do you say is there *any" chance to just send back the camera/gimbal if the lens p ...

If you are experiencing a camera issue, please contact support and open a case and attach photo examples for them to evaluate.
And if you need to send it in, there is no chance at all to send in only the camera. They will require the entire aircraft.
And I don't know what you mean by waiting 1-3 months twice. Please explain.
2016-11-2
Use props
crbalch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167057 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 10:42
If you are experiencing a camera issue, please contact support and open a case and attach photo ex ...

I plan on sending mine back in (already have the RMA) for the defective lens. Support assured me that there is replacement stock available, so I am hoping that is the case.
2016-11-2
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-2 22:42
If you are experiencing a camera issue, please contact support and open a case and attach photo ex ...

Hello Ken,
by waiting 1-3 months twiche i meant that right now you will NOT get a direct replacement but it probably would take alooooong time before you get it back repaired or a complete new mavic.

Right now its hypothetical as i am stimm waiting for my 2 units to arrive.

Thanks for the answer also not to my liking :-)

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3

crbalch Posted at 2016-11-2 22:51
I plan on sending mine back in (already have the RMA) for the defective lens. Support assured me t ...

That sounds encouraging (replacement from stockpile), GOOD LUCK to you !!!

Nils
2016-11-2
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
Ireland

Of course they have to prioritise replacements - you can't go to the back of the line and wait for 2 months. As if.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

nils_heidorn Posted at 2016-11-2 22:53
Hello Ken,
by waiting 1-3 months twiche i meant that right now you will NOT get a direct replaceme ...

If you purchase DJI Care Refresh then you will have priority on the repair.
2016-11-2
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 00:12
If you purchase DJI Care Refresh then you will have priority on the repair.

I did not purchase dji care refresh. Every picture I have taken since I got the mavic is like this. Also it would be unreasonable if having the refresh using it so early, also using it at all as its a defect in the camera.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

incogneito Posted at 2016-11-3 02:07
I did not purchase dji care refresh. Every picture I have taken since I got the mavic is like this ...

My reply was to a different user, not you.
2016-11-2
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 03:08
My reply was to a different user, not you.

Well no matter what settings I use, or change, the blur is always on the left side of the pictures I take. I can even see the blur in the live feed that is sent to my phone. Putting it in portrait mode, the left side is clear, but the top is blurry due to how the camera rotates, obviously. I just figured I would try more ways to get rid of the blur but it never disappears. I have also not heard anything from Dji as I was told I would hear something within 24 - 48 hours. It has been more than 48 hours now. What am I supposed to do about this problem at this point?
2016-11-3
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-11-2 08:53
Please visit this page for support information. If there is an issue, we'll get it taken care of qui ...

Well no matter what settings I use, or change, the blur is always on the left side of the pictures I take. I can even see the blur in the live feed that is sent to my phone. Putting it in portrait mode, the left side is clear, but the top is blurry due to how the camera rotates, obviously. I just figured I would try more ways to get rid of the blur but it never disappears. I have also not heard anything from Dji as I was told I would hear something within 24 - 48 hours. It has been more than 48 hours now. What am I supposed to do about this problem at this point? I meant to sent this message to you first but I clicked the wrong reply button.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

incogneito Posted at 2016-11-4 08:48
Well no matter what settings I use, or change, the blur is always on the left side of the pictures ...

If you started a case, didn't they sent you a shipping label to have the aircraft sent in for evaluation?
2016-11-3
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a photographer, that is unacceptable.
2016-11-3
Use props
fansc9cc4233
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 09:25
If you started a case, didn't they sent you a shipping label to have the aircraft sent in for eval ...

I have not got a shipping label yet. Just the case number and the address it is to be shipped to. It says being in the us i will get a shipping label in 2 business days. I just wish it didn't have to be sent back.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansc9cc4233 Posted at 2016-11-4 11:28
I have not got a shipping label yet. Just the case number and the address it is to be shipped to. I ...

What is your ticket/case number and I'll make sure you get a shipping label in the morning.
And your total repair time should be a week or two.
2016-11-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules