o(^-^)o
jebryant10.att
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-2-7 10:28
What kind of range does it have?

Mike

Any place on earth that has cell service and GPS. It needs GPS and cell towers to find it location and cell service to call your cell phone with its location. I pay $5 a month for cell service.
2015-2-8
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

slabella.consul Posted at 2015-2-8 04:53
My IPAD Mini 2 tablet  is NON Cellular capability.. I purchased it with out for that reason so it  ...

OK, that was the thought. I had that problem with a Phantom. It really cut down on the range when I was within eyesight of a Cell Tower. That being said, here is the answer to that issue. Put your device in Airplane Mode and it removes the problem all together. In fact I have examined Cell Tower Antennas within a few inches of the Antennas with three different providers on the same Tower and all three were in full operation at the time. Not one issue at all. All of this was with a Phantom 2 Vision.
2015-2-8
Use props
dronebutt
lvl.1

United States

Let's try this another way:

Dearmas, I think I have your Inspire 1 that crashed in my friend's yard. If anyone can get a hold of him or if you read this please send me an email (c4isbad@gmail.com) or reply to this thread.

One of the propellers snapped off but other than that still looks to be in good condition. I was considering buying a replacement remote just to give this baby a try, but luckily we found your post.
2015-2-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

dronebutt Posted at 2015-2-9 01:20

Dearmas, I think I have your Inspire 1 that crashed in my friend's yard ...

How cool is this^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2015-2-8
Use props
mrburns
lvl.2

United Kingdom

is this real,  damn good forum if so
2015-2-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

we will find out soon but it looks legit.
2015-2-8
Use props
jsmorse.email
lvl.2

United States

God, hope this is his. Good on you, dronebutt!
2015-2-8
Use props
s.s.gibbs1.emai
lvl.2

United States

hopefully dearmas is not passed out drunk and depressed. lol. this really is great to hear..let us know how it turns out.
2015-2-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

LOL...........I would be ) SS .

Man that flight data is golden in that SD card!!
2015-2-8
Use props
Bkackman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

This really speaks well for this community if true!!!. Good job, Dronebutt!! Congratulations, Dearmas. Hurry and respond so we can celebrate for real!!
2015-2-8
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.3

United States

i want to know how far it ended up going....dronebutt your a good man! hats off to you.
2015-2-8
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Hey dronebutt your one hell of a MAN! It's not even mine and it's nice to know there are some really great people still out there! I hope he see's your message and it finds its way home

MIke
2015-2-8
Use props
dronebutt
lvl.1

United States

The SD card was wiped, but i used some recovery software to get any deleted data.

The card only had two pictures taken by the owner and some of the QA pictures of the factory where the Inspire was tested. I should be able to confirm if its his or not.

Bonus factory picture:

2015-2-8
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.3

United States

cool, inside the mothership,  there are some new borns, arent they cute..... or repairs getting their data logs downloaded...
there was another video somewhere of a compass dance in the factory
2015-2-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

dronebutt Posted at 2015-2-9 03:18
The SD card was wiped, but i used some recovery software to get any deleted data.

The card only had ...

You Rock !!!!!!!!!
2015-2-8
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

funny the way it is, now that the Inspire is found, let's find the owner
p.s there is still human decency left in this world, no wonder a guy finds 3k lying in his garden and decides not to keep it. Dronebutt, I will have a talk with my son about you tonight, I will share with him a little story, about good people
2015-2-8
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Yes Yes Yes !! Three cheers then for GOOD PEOPLE !! Lucky Dog you Huh !
2015-2-8
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

Canada

Dronebutt, awesome sir. Glad to see some people left in this world with some honesty and dignity left in them. I to would love to hear how far it made it from the OP location.

On a side note, I travel to Asia A LOT for manufacturing, supplier checks, QC Visits etc and have been into all levels of manufactures in China.  Although this one photo only shows a final step of the complete manufacturing process I am surprise and a little concerned about one major important thing missing in this photo for something as technical and expensive as the Inspire 1.

The lack of documentation on the production line indicating that this factory is at least ISO 9001 (even this is outdated to todays standards) compliant. That alone does make me a little nervous about how these are put together. All I see is performance charts on the table headers.  Also a little touch when working with microprocessors and static sensitive devices most good factories extensively use static discharge plates beneath all of the workers (including those workers in packaging) to prevent any possible mishaps.  I guess whatever works works just a few things I can suppliers for overseas that deal with electrical components in Asia for the company I work for.
2015-2-8
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

dronebutt Posted at 2015-2-8 10:52
Hey dearmas, where abouts in South Florida did you lose your Inspire?

One of the GOOD PEOPLE you are ....way dude way !
2015-2-8
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Awesome man, way to go for the good people! Hope there will be some answers from the flight data.
2015-2-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Now for the owner to login ..lol

BUMP
2015-2-8
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

He's probably in the dumps..... He just needs to login so all we can do is keep bumping this till he see's it Also we need to mention a guy might have found his Inspire read up till you see his email address

Mike
2015-2-8
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

I will shit myself if this is really happening.
What are the odds.

WTF. Good job Dronebutt
2015-2-8
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

That;s righteous of you bro for trying to help out and get the dudes bird back, many would not have gone to such lengths "Props" to you.
2015-2-8
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Dearmas, I think I have your Inspire 1 that crashed in my friend's yard. If anyone can get a hold of him or if you read this please send me an email (c4isbad@gmail.com) or reply to this thread.

One of the propellers snapped off but other than that still looks to be in good condition. I was considering buying a replacement remote just to give this baby a try, but luckily we found your post.

Is it just a big coincidence that his bird landed in your friends property and you were already a member here Or did you have too research the Inspire1 and come across this forum became a member and then the guy who lost it? If so then it really is a miracle that it was even found and amazing that it done what it did....Maybe another remote within his radius somehow took control.
2015-2-8
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-2-9 11:43
Is it just a big coincidence that his bird landed in your friends property and you were already a  ...

I wonder if that's possible? If another remote could take over? As when enabling my slave unit I have to put in the password ect ect ect..... hummm

Mike
2015-2-8
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

I thought that the Bird and the RC and to be 'bound' (binded) together?
2015-2-8
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

I wonder if that's possible? If another remote could take over? As when enabling my slave unit I have to put in the password ect ect ect..... hummm

Mike

Never know strange things are happening too these birds...That's why I mentioned it. because one never knows.
Happened in the old days of RC and is still taken as a precaution Today even with the tech...
2015-2-8
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

dundee Posted at 2015-2-7 16:57
Hi Dearmas, I read your story.
Fly away ? No pilot error ? No help from ... ?
If so, i take initiati ...

Good luck. Someone in this forum apparently found your bird.
If so, well then i will put my initiative of 10 bucks back in my wallet.
Happy for you man, and kudos to dronebutt. What a guy !!!!!!!
2015-2-8
Use props
dronebutt
lvl.1

United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-2-9 11:43
Is it just a big coincidence that his bird landed in your friends property and you were already a  ...

I was not already a member here, I had never even heard of the company. After looking through the SD card in the camera I came here to see if anyone had posted about a lost drone. I
2015-2-8
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

dronebutt Posted at 2015-2-9 14:07
I was not already a member here, I had never even heard of the company. After looking through the  ...

That's really stand up of you !!
2015-2-8
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

I was not already a member here, I had never even heard of the company. After looking through the SD card in the camera I came here to see if anyone had posted about a lost drone. I

Well then it's awesome you took the effort to seek it's owner...I was just curious how it came about is all   Just incredible.
Maybe this is a sign that you are meant too buy one

G'Donya Mate
2015-2-8
Use props
max.kingsley
lvl.3

South Africa

DID DEARMAS GET BACK HIS DRONE?????
It would be the most awesome story of community success!
2015-2-8
Use props
jebryant10.att
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-2-7 10:28
What kind of range does it have?

Mike

Any place in the USA where it has cell service and GPS. It will send it's location to your cell phone.
2015-2-9
Use props
dronebutt
lvl.1

United States

max.kingsley Posted at 2015-2-9 15:05
DID DEARMAS GET BACK HIS DRONE?????
It would be the most awesome story of community success!

Sadly dearmas has probably not seen this post yet, lets hope he does.

Does anyone know of any other way I might be able to contact him? I considered contacting DJI directly with the serial number, but if it was purchased through another dealer that may prove fruitless.
2015-2-9
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

dronebutt Posted at 2015-2-10 02:33
Sadly dearmas has probably not seen this post yet, lets hope he does.

Does anyone know of any oth ...

Are the active profile statistics accurate?  I guess not since the seem to indicate that he logged in yesterday and today.

Dan
2015-2-9
Use props
dearmas
New

United States

Dronebutt the last recorded position was 68th ave between 15 & 16 street. Searched the area extensively and knocked on a bunch of doors but no saw anything. My guess someone probably saw it and picked it up.

Thanks again everyone for your comments and concern, especially Dundee for offering to send some money towards a new Inspire 1. Your a good man Dundee, we don't often see that kind of genoristy these days. I appreciate the offer my friend but for now just going to hang tight see if mine shows up somehow. Also waiting on DJI to get back to after they review my flight records to shed some light on what happened before I buy myself a new one.

All best,
Manny
2015-2-9
Use props
johnmont250.ema
lvl.3

United States

wait, what?, doesnt dronebutt have it, or know where your I1 is???
he said it landed at his buddies house
2015-2-9
Use props
dmytchak
lvl.3

United States

I'm confused also.    If it's not Dearmas's Inspire, crap! That means another one has flown away.
2015-2-9
Use props
ftremblay.mf2cn
lvl.2

Canada

dearmas@aol.com Posted at 2015-2-10 04:10
Dronebutt the last recorded position was 68th ave between 15 & 16 street. Searched the area extensiv ...

Dearmas , Please read the post before Dronebutt as fond your drone..... I reapeat fond your drone.
2015-2-9
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules