Had problems flying today (Solved)
849 8 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roadstar1700
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1203484 ft
United States

I went to a field today I've flown before dozens of times. My first flight was 11m. It was windy ~ 15mph. I was flying in ATTI mode lettiing the wind push me around.
I landed and changed out the battery, both batteries fully charged an hour before.

I'm having trouble remembering the actual chain of events on the second flight. My google map wasn't showing the streets anymore. I restarted all devices and my maps came back. Sometime into that 2nd flight my video stopped updating. I landed and did another restart. All good again. Back up and flying, heard 3 beeps. Not sure if it came from the controller or the tablet. When this occured the P4 wobbled like it was going to loose control and crash. I saw that happen on the tablet. I don't remember any messages appearing on the screen. If any did, it happened so fast I didn't see them.

I brought it back close to me and did some short range flying and I got a single beep. The P4 wobbled again, so I landed and called it quits. My flight records, as per Healthy Drones, have no indications of any problems. Unfortunately I was not recording when this ocurred.

I've been flying with the following upates for at least a month with no problems. 2.8.1  1.6.0  1.2.503

Has anyone experienced this type of problem with theirs? I checked the battery connections. All fine. Maybe the second battery? I'm going to fly again tomorrow with the same 2 batteries.

2016-11-1
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

That does sound strange,,, I can see by the updates you listed that your not using the DJI go updated app??? Should be 3.0 right?? Some people have had trouble with it, although I haven't had any trouble at all.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You never upgrade the APP to the latest? May I know what tablet you used?
You have cached map before flight, right?
When hearing the beep sounds, what is the led status on the remote?
Please keep an eye on the APP when you test it tomorrow and make a screenshot if that happens again.
2016-11-1
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Healthydrones only gives a brief summary and isn't very useful  for investigating incidents.

For something better go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
2016-11-2
Use props
Roadstar1700
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-2 02:12
You never upgrade the APP to the latest? May I know what tablet you used?
You have cached map before ...

I'm using the Nexus 7 2013 tablet. I haven't updated to the latest GO version as I am seeing some dislike the new format. The updates I'm running currently have been working great for a month or more since my last firmware update.

The map was cached for that area before flying yesterday. The first battery flight was fine all around.

The beeps were so fast that I didn't notice the led status light, but I will keep an eye on it today. I will also be taking video as I'm flying. I've synced my latest flights to the cloud. I was only ~ 400 feet away both times.

I will post again after my flights today. Thanks DJI Natalia
2016-11-2
Use props
Roadstar1700
lvl.2
United States

Chazzm Posted at 2016-11-1 23:50
That does sound strange,,, I can see by the updates you listed that your not using the DJI go update ...

It's been flying great with my current updates (until yesterday). I'm hesitant to update the GO as some have complains about the layout.
2016-11-2
Use props
Roadstar1700
lvl.2
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-11-2 06:29
Healthydrones only gives a brief summary and isn't very useful  for investigating incidents.

For so ...

Thanks labroides, I looked at my flights and there was nothing out of the ordinary. I had between 15-18 GPS signals. My battery voltage/cells look good. I will fly again today at the same location with the same 2 batteries. Have you updated to the latest GO version? Some don't like the layout.
2016-11-2
Use props
Roadstar1700
lvl.2
United States

Flew again today at the same place. I went through 3 batteries and all went good. I think I was flying to aggressively in 20 mph winds while in ATTI mode. Internal leveling sensors were probably giving me warnings.
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Roadstar1700 Posted at 2016-11-3 09:01
Flew again today at the same place. I went through 3 batteries and all went good. I think I was flyi ...

Glad to hear everything goes fine now, thanks so much for your update.
2016-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules