Batteries - Check-in and hand Luggage on Commercial flights
2191 3 2015-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I have been reading up on taking Lithium Polyermer Batteries on commercial international flights specifically for Inspire batteries.
From reading the Emirates and Qantas websites for dangerous goods, the CAA and ICAO rules, what I understand is you are allowed a maximum of 2 batteries up to 160Wh and 1 battery under 101Wh can be in the actual equipment and checked is as baggage or you can carry any reasonable amount of batteries under 101Wh as carry on luggage. (Obviously this would be restricted to carry on weight allowanace).

Does this mean you could have a combination e.g 1 x TB48 and 1x TB47 as carry on luggage

Would apprecaite any comment from commercial pilots on the forum or CAA officials as I am still confused with what is and what is not allowed.  The CAA rules seem to lean towards max of 100Wh batteries as hand luggage only.

Do we also class the Inspire batterry Lithium Polymer the same as Lithium Ion when looking at these dangerous goods lists on Airline websites.

Comments and feedback please .....

2015-2-6
Use props
jonathan.shipsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 354636 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just recently flew to London from NYC and back.  As well as round trips from NYC to Chicago and New Orleans. From a variety of airports.  Never a problem with 4 DJI Phantom batteries in LipO safe bags, in carry on.  Can't speak to specific Inspire 1 batteries..but American and Brit authorities didnt raise an eyebrow.  

Jonathan
2015-2-9
Use props
dme222
lvl.1

United States

I'm curious about this too.

I have 2 TB48's and 1 TB47. Any recommendations on lipo bags? Amazon prime...? Will the Inspire 1 case fit in the overhead? How does one deal with this?
2015-3-3
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I got the following Lipo Bags as I didnt want a bag with HUGE WARNING signs on the outside for flying.  Good quality bags though, would recommend £6.49 ea

Team Blacksheep Lipo Safe Bag

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/ ... p;products_id=26492
2015-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules