Faulty Camera on My Mavic
3267 32 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

Anybody else have a camera that wont focus? Ive tried tap to focus on the screen, Ive tried the focus button on the remote, I have tried manual focus from the dji go ap and mine unit will not focus. Even thought the proper focus distance is indicated on the app.

I tried multiple devices, I reinstalled the app, updated and refreshed the firmware on the Mavic and the remote. Reste the drone to factory settings, calibrated the gimbal, still camerqa remains out of focus.

Called tech support twice and both times the person who answered admited to never even ever using a Mavic. Every time the best they could come up with was tap the screen to focus. Yep, I read the manual on how to focus the camera.

Pretty bummed I got a bad copy. They want me to send it in for repairs. I want My money back.

Bummed.
2016-11-1
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

That really sucks when did you received the product and when did you order and if you order it in a reseller or direct from dji
2016-11-1
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

I have notice some of the unboxing that the protective done is not on or it snaps off when they try to lift the device from the box even some with the gimbal protective piece not in its place like if the manufacturer throws the drone inside the box
2016-11-1
Use props
lordnibbler
lvl.1
United States

Be happy their support is even replying to you.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, would you please help clarify the firmware version and DJI GO APP version?
Would you mind uploading a video for further evaluation? we'd love to help you out.
2016-11-2
Use props
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-1 21:36
That really sucks when did you received the product and when did you order and if you order it in a  ...

I ordered it from Dji, I placed my order on the first day the preorders where available and recieved mine last week.
2016-11-2
Use props
Skylord1
lvl.1
Canada

I have this exact issue.  First flight it went out of focus and would no longer respond to any tap to focus or manual focus attempts.  I was told last night by support to calibrate the IMU to resolve this.  That actually worked but this morning when I powered it on it was once again not responding to focus taps or manual focusing.  I calibrated the IMU once more and it again seemed to be working.  I will see if it is still working this evening when I get home.  Not comforting that it is this unpredictable....especially as it went out of focus on its own mid-flight which means even if you think it is working it could go at any time.

Try the IMU calibration and let me know if it sticks for you too...
2016-11-2
Use props
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

Skylord1 Posted at 2016-11-2 08:54
I have this exact issue.  First flight it went out of focus and would no longer respond to any tap  ...

Wow that is bizarre, I never thought the IMU would affect focus of the camera. That was never suggested by tech support in my case. You sure you aren't referring to the Gimbal Calibration performed in the dji assistant? I will try that and see if it changes for me but Mine never focused in the first place.
2016-11-2
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-3 01:44
Wow that is bizarre, I never thought the IMU would affect focus of the camera. That was never sugg ...

Did that IMU calibration work for you
2016-11-2
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-2 23:31
I ordered it from Dji, I placed my order on the first day the preorders where available and reciev ...

Hope you could find a fix maybe the IMU will fix the problem or a firmware update maybe if you send them a Log file to DJI. I think they are rushing to manufacture these things and they are not passing through the inspection as they are suppose to...
2016-11-2
Use props
Skylord1
lvl.1
Canada

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-3 01:44
Wow that is bizarre, I never thought the IMU would affect focus of the camera. That was never sugg ...

Yep I am sure it is the IMU calibration.  My Mavic stops focusing constantly and I keep running the IMU calibration and it starts working briefly...really strange as I agree the IMU doesn't seem like it should be involved in the focusing system but who knows...I am awaiting supports further comments since it seems this is a defective unit rather than just a calibration issue...although I would love to be wrong on that.

2016-11-3
Use props
Mac_A_Roll
lvl.2

United States

Im surprised that everyone who does a unboxing doesnt show anything wrong with the cam
2016-11-3
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Well at least it sounds like a software problem rather than a hardware problem.
2016-11-3
Use props
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-2 18:42
Did that IMU calibration work for you

I did an IMU recalibration and it had no affect on my cameras lack of focus, bummed.
2016-11-3
Use props
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-2 04:46
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, would you please help clarify the firmware version and DJI GO AP ...

App version is 3.0.2 installed on an iPhone 6
aircraft is on version 01.02.0810
remote is on the same firmware as the craft

flight controller serial # 08rdd9k001034b
2016-11-3
Use props
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, would you please help clarify the firmware version and DJI GO AP ...

Here is a link to a video showing the lack of focus. Like the focus mechanism is dead.
2016-11-3
Use props
Skylord1
lvl.1
Canada

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-4 02:42
Here is a link to a video showing the lack of focus. Like the focus mechanism is dead.
magic focus ...

This is exactly what mine does too...
2016-11-3
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-4 02:21
I did an IMU recalibration and it had no affect on my cameras lack of focus, bummed.

I will send it back, yes that it will take forever but I will send it back
2016-11-3
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-2 11:31
Pretty bummed I got a bad copy. They want me to send it in for repairs. I want My money back.

Has it been delivered/activated for less than 7 days?
2016-11-3
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Thats why you buy from a reputable  dealer instead of DJI.
2016-11-3
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

The real reason is because they are having problems with the cameras seems that the problem is a hardware not software
The reason why they sent an email to people still waiting for their orders is because there is a bad batch of mavic with faulty camera look at the video of some guy who has a friend in China
2016-11-3
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

so it seems some people have a batch with faulty cameras, i guess im lucky mine is in the delayed cue hopefully they fix that or they are going to have raging customers.
2016-11-3
Use props
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

Natalia, it seems there are quite a few people with this exact same issue. How do I go about getting a refund?
2016-11-4
Use props
Skylord1
lvl.1
Canada

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-4 23:27
Natalia, it seems there are quite a few people with this exact same issue. How do I go about getti ...

I would also like to know this...My Mavic has this same defect.
2016-11-4
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

curious if this is a massive issue will DJI hault the deliveries it seems it might be more wide spread
2016-11-4
Use props
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

And this is the point where we don't hear anything back from DJI?
2016-11-4
Use props
Skylord1
lvl.1

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-5 06:30
And this is the point where we don't hear anything back from DJI?

They have stopped responding to my support thread entirely.  My Mavic is completely unusable.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-4 02:42
magic focus ...

Thank you for the details, for this case, it needs to be sent in for further evaluation. Please feel free to contact our tech support at support.us@dji.com for further help.
Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2016-11-5
Use props
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-5 22:38
Thank you for the details, for this case, it needs to be sent in for further evaluation. Please fe ...

Thanks, I sent in the request for return/refund several days ago, haven't heard back yet but hopefully Monday or Tuesday.
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Justadude Posted at 2016-11-7 01:27
Thanks, I sent in the request for return/refund several days ago, haven't heard back yet but hopef ...

That's fine, our support will reply you after the weekend.
2016-11-6
Use props
mogul
New

United States

I have the exact same issue as this, I can't seem to get the camera to focus except for very close range. The weird thing is that out of the blue in the middle of my 6th flight, I tried the "follow a subject" feature and then everything came into focus. After landing, turning everything off, swapping batteries, and lifting off again - right back to being out of focus.
2016-11-15
Use props
mogul
New

United States

mogul Posted at 2016-11-16 02:39
I have the exact same issue as this, I can't seem to get the camera to focus except for very close r ...

An update to the firmware fixed this problem for me.
2016-11-18
Use props
fans9b8f5837
New
India

I'm having the same issue. Not focusing on anything. Yesterday it focused after a few weeks of no luck, now it stopped working again. Warranties aren't international so I have to lug this dead drone around with me for the next couple months
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules