Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can not connect RC to galaxy S5
513 9 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Normn8or
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

My galaxy S5 will not connect to RC. When trying to activate phantom 4. WHile scanning the code a pop up came up saying i need to down load some kind of file sharing tranfer but it went away before i seem what it was and now the popup won't show back up. Please i need help
2016-11-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

How are you trying to connect the S5 to the RC unit?
2016-11-1
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
United States

With the USB cord
2016-11-1
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-1 23:56
How are you trying to connect the S5 to the RC unit?

With the USB cord
2016-11-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

So can you run the Go App at all? Can you post a copy of the screen you get?
2016-11-1
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-2 00:24
So can you run the Go App at all? Can you post a copy of the screen you get?

I just get the How to connect link button i click it and takes you to the  how to 4 steps to connect and it says to go back to equipment page after reading the 4th direction and you should see the camera link but it still says  How to connect. I go to the top right a click the the little menu lines and a drop window opens that has Scan QR and tutorials, First what is scan QR. On the phantom it's self there isn't a serial code there are on the RC  but not the phantom it's self. So i tried scanning the code on the box and that is when i get the popup that says not connected to RC.. PS... The app starts but i can only get to choose  what drone you have and i go to the Phantom 4.

I Haven't ssen the screen that askes you to name your drone or anything.. I can only choose the drone read how to connect and it doesnt connect after following the directions.

2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

That means your mobile device is not connected to the remote properly.
Please make sure you enable the USB debugging and MTP mode for Samsung S5. Then when you run APP, you could see "Camera" instead of "How to connect".
If still the same case, please try to use another mobile device to connect the remote.
2016-11-1
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-2 01:39
That means your mobile device is not connected to the remote properly.
Please make sure you enable t ...

Hi Natalia. Well i have found those settings in my phone and have turned on USB debugging and the MTP is selected and all i still get is the How to connect button on the phantom 4 screen. I wish i had a tablet but thats not going to happen for a long time. If i do find something i can afford does the tablet have to have GPS.
2016-11-2
Use props
Normn8or
Second Officer
United States

Thank you for the help DJI Natalia & Geebax. I Have found my problem. I Had also downloaded Litchi and with Litchi on the same Phone created a conflict. It connected right away as soon as i had uninstalled Litchi. Now onto learning the rest of the functions in the app and all the calibration, hope i have Hair left by the end LOL. Again Thank you Both for the Help you folks Rock.... Happy Safe Droning Ya' All
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Normn8or Posted at 2016-11-3 03:13
Thank you for the help DJI Natalia & Geebax. I Have found my problem. I Had also downloaded Litchi a ...

Thank you so much for the update, glad to hear it's working fine now, enjoy it~
2016-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules