New battery error (Phantom 4)
1922 9 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

This is a brand new P4 battery but I can not get it to take a charge.  Charger is fine, works with the other 2 batteries.

Appreciate any ideas.

2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know where you bought it? have you contacted your dealer or DJI tech support for this case?
If no, please feel free to contact our tech support at support.us@dji.com for further help, we will help you evaluate the battery firstly, if it's product faulty and accord with warranty policy, you will get a good one.
2016-11-1
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

This is the site: http://www.coast2coastdrones.com/

I sent email late last evening not heard anything back yet.  Might not since this individual claims to be going out of business.  Still I was under the impression or led to believe that is is a new battery.
I have searched for anything I could do as far as powering up, plugging the battery first then the charger... all pointless in the end.

Wanted to insert it in the P4 and see if it reports being charged x number of times but can't.

Thanks for any ideas.  Worst case I'll make a paypal claim for faulty equipment.
2016-11-2
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I emailed support with the information they requested.  Some of which I can not supply, such as connecting with DJI GO to gather any battery details.

• Name of DJI Product:
Phantom 4 intelligent battery
• Brief Description of damage or technical issue:
Battery will not charge.  Will not power quad so I can check to see if it is new or has ever been charged.
When standard issue wall charger connected the single bar light flashes fast, then slow, then shuts off
and no charge started.  I am including the same video as in the first contact email.  You can view what
the lights do versus me describing it.

• Proof of Purchase:
Included as attachment png file from paypal account.

• Photos of the battery, including the Serial number
Photos included.  I assume the sn is the little qr code sticker?  Don't see any other numbers.
• Screen shot of the battery info, from the DJI GO app
Sorry battery won't charge and won't power quad, can't do this one.
• Has the battery been involved in any rough landings or crashes?
No to my knowledge this battery is brand new.  I took it out of the box and tried to charge it.

I appreciate your help with this.
2016-11-2
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Looks like we might be on to resolving this one.  The latest message was "With received your email and thank you for providing those information. Let us go ahead and Process an RMA for this Case."

2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-11-3 21:05
Looks like we might be on to resolving this one.  The latest message was "With received your email a ...

Good to hear it's getting addressed. Just to clarify, requesting Go app information would only apply when it's battery error issues. Since your case involved a power issue, it was not applicable. You can only supply what you're able to access.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans1727cf65
New

United States

Same issue brand new out of the box, sent it back to DJI they are sending a replacement (or they fixed it ?).  Took a week from east to west coast and i expect the same in return, bought a second battery through Amazon so I could fly.
2016-11-4
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I fumbled around not finding the UPS label but had everything packed and ready to go last Sat.  Found the label today in another mail folder so I will send it off tomorrow and then wait to hear back.
I will say that Cristian with DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT has been very quick to respond to any of my mail requests.

2016-11-7
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Wonder which I will get first.  The new / repaired P4 battery, or the new blower attachment for cleaning gutters.  I'm pretty excited about both!

P4 is pretty handy for checking gutters this time of the year.
2016-11-11
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Quick follow-up here.  I did receive a new battery back from the service department.  It shows it had not been charged so kudos to support and everyone for their help.  I now have 3 good batteries for the P4.
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules