1331 8 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Str8nUpNFlyRigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222867 ft
Germany

Hi all,

I try to spend the waiting time in a constructive way, so I read the manuals quite a few times.
Here are some suggestions for (what I would see as) improvements - I hope they are clear, as I'm not a native speaker.

Maybe you have some suggestions, too?

Suggestions for the manual (V1.0 / 2016.10 /2016-10-27)
  • Please add a description of the advantages and limitations of Beginner Mode.
  • Page 15, Precision landing - I'd like to have a bit of clarification: is there any indicator that the requirements for precision landing are met? Or is there an info/warning message, if they are not met?
  • Page 16, Question regarding the case that the Mavic is between 5 and 20m away from home point and Forward Vision System is activated: Does this apply even if the light conditions have gone bad - e.g. if you start during twilight when there is still enough light and you RTH when it is too dark?
  • Page 21, in my eyes there is a contradiction between the last bullet in the first warnings section - there is the warning that the aircraft will NOT be able to avoid obstacles. First bullet in the light bulb/tips section: aircraft will sense and avoid obstacles. I suppose this means obstacles that lie in the detection range of the forward vision system in case the Mavic is moving forward. Maybe this could be clarified.
  • Page 48 - the flight simulator is mentioned for the first time on this page. I would like to see instructions on how to start the simulator in the "DJI GO App" section.
  • Page 50 - I'd suggest to add "counter-clockwise" to the second sentence about calibration.
  • Page 51, step four of the calibration instructions: I think it should be "Re-calibrate the COMPASS [...]" (instead of recalibrate the aircraft). Also, "Aircraft status indicators" should be singular (indicator).
  • Page 51, "When to Recalibrate", first sentence: The blinking sequence described here (alternating green/yellow) does not match the blinking sequence specified on the last line of page 12 (fast alternating red/yellow).
  • Page 52, "Takeoff/Landing Procedures", first sentence: I guess "... with the battery level indicators facing ..." should read "with the aircraft status indicator facing ...".
  • Page 58 (Nit-picking): Are the underscores after the status strings correct (e.g. SHUTDOWN_ or CHARGING_)?
  • Page 58: If there is a difference between the status "NAV GOHOME" and the status "GOING HOME", it should be described.
  • Page 59 first two rows in the table: please describe procedure to center control sticks and dial - i.e. does this mean re-calibration?

Suggestions for Battery Guidelines
  • Please add description of best practices (not only safety measures). E.g.: can you use batteries normally right from the beginning or would it be better to only use for instance 50% for the first N cicles?
  • I don't really understand item 6 in the section "Battery Storage". If I charge my batteries and drive them and the Mavic to a field to fly, I'm transporting the batteries. I don't see how you can avoid that - well you could use the car charger, but that is a bit unrealistic. So what is meant with "transporting" in this case - send by postal service?

All the best (including patience for the remaining waiting time)

2016-11-2
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

What a fantastic and thorough review of the manual. Nice job!
2016-11-2
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Nice job and good questions
2016-11-2
Use props
Str8nUpNFlyRigh
lvl.2
Germany

Sorry to bump this, but I forgot to ask:
DJI-Ken : is this an appropriate place to collect suggestions for improving the documentation or is there a better way (e.g. opening a ticket)?
2016-11-2
Use props
Str8nUpNFlyRigh
lvl.2
Germany

Here are some more suggestions regarding the Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines V1.0 2016.09:
  • The second page is labelled with page number 3 (the PDF may very well be missing an empty page after the title page). All further suggestions are made with reference to the printed page numbers.
  • Page 13: It would be nice to have a schematic drawing with all the ventilation holes. Some countries require registration stickers (e.g. Austria, if you want to record videos/photos, according to this german discussion) that might accidentaly be put on such a hole.
  • Page 14: "Cache the map data" - it would be very nice to have a description of how to cache the data and if/how you can check the cache. This info should also be in the operations manual.
  • Page 18: (I think this is critical.) P-Mode vs. S-Mode: "[...] since disabling GPS may result [...]" contradicts the definition of S-Mode in the manual (p. 11) and the following paragraphs in the Safety Guidelines, where it says, that the aircraft is using GPS in S-Mode. I think this might be a left-over from the Phantom documentation.
  • Page 18: typo "[...] when GPS signal is week [...]" should be weak.
  • Page 20: duplicate in section TapFly/Caution/third bullet: "[...] in case of an emergency of an emergency."
2016-11-3
Use props
Str8nUpNFlyRigh
lvl.2
Germany

Another suggestion for the Battery Guidelines:
Does DJI encourage or discourage the use of LIPO Guard bags while charging their batteries?
2016-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Here is a link for pre flight and landing it's for P3P but everything applies to Mavic.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... yNjAwMDh8Mzk5OTQ%3D
2016-11-6
Use props
fans5341b02a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321168 ft
Turkey

Amazing job Str8nUpNFlyRigh. Thumbs up from me
2016-11-6
Use props
Str8nUpNFlyRigh
lvl.2
Germany

Re-checked the updated version of the user manual (201601107). All suggestions/questions still apply.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules