Polar Pro ND Filters
21704 247 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BaseOutdoorsNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

Has anyone else had trouble fitting their ND filters to their Mavic? I received my 3 pack from Polar Pro,however they are too loose and would just fall off if I attempted to fly with them? Jeff from Polar pro was excellent and sent me another set to try however these are too loose as well? Worried now that no filters will fit straight from the box?
2016-12-12
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-6 07:53
Hey Robbie,

Packing began on Thursday and shipping should be completed by tonight.

Hey mate,

Do you know when your Australian reseller Sphere.net.au will be receiving their orders?  I've ordered through them for the 3 pack.
2016-12-12
Use props
fans27710748
lvl.2
Flight distance : 410 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-11-29 16:20
Absolutely, the offer is available for purchases through our site, Amazon, or resellers.

Jeff

Ive not had so much success. I have sent a PM to Jeff as well as sending him an email about returning the filters for the Cinema series. I have not received a response.
2016-12-12
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

BaseOutdoorsNZ Posted at 2016-12-12 11:47
Has anyone else had trouble fitting their ND filters to their Mavic? I received my 3 pack from Polar Pro,however they are too loose and would just fall off if I attempted to fly with them? Jeff from Polar pro was excellent and sent me another set to try however these are too loose as well? Worried now that no filters will fit straight from the box?

The Cinema Series may work, there seems to be a bit a variance on the Mavic Camera side as well, so its hard to get out manufacturing specs exactly aligned with theirs. The Aluminum frames will have much tighter tolerances.

Dont worry! We will get you dialed in,

Jeff
2016-12-13
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans27710748 Posted at 2016-12-12 15:04
Ive not had so much success. I have sent a PM to Jeff as well as sending him an email about returning the filters for the Cinema series. I have not received a response.

The upgrade process will be simple. (Starting tonight info will be up on the site)

1. Send any of us an email (Dan.M@polarprofilters.com)
2. We will send a discount code towards the CS
3. We send a shipping label to you
4. You receive new Mavic Cinema Series filters and capture some epic footage

-Jeff
2016-12-13
Use props
Beninspain
lvl.2

Spain

Same issue with mine. They look unfinished. Almost like the rubberized coating should be inside and was forgot.
2016-12-13
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

I've used Polar Pro extensively for my scuba diving activities so wanted their version for my Mavic. Mine fit just well but I didn't like to have to put it on and take it off everytime I power on/off.

And I missed the fact they have an upgrade program. I would have loved to upgrade to their CS but returned to Amazon instead.
2016-12-13
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

Just saw the CS filters. Why choose the PL version over the non PL...or vice versa. I only want to carry 3 filters and unsure which would be the most useful.

I know what a polarizer does but unsure how it works in the air (as opposed to dialing it in with a camera)
2016-12-13
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

I have the same question on the PL vs non PL
2016-12-13
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2016-12-13 16:37
I have the same question on the PL vs non PL

It is all personal preference.
I personally use the PL's a lot because I like the glare reduction and increased color saturation.

Some pilots prefer to only use ND's.

Also Here is a video of the Cinema Series filters on startup:
https://player.vimeo.com/video/195564329
2016-12-13
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-14 13:42
It is all personal preference.
I personally use the PL's a lot because I like the glare reduction and increased color saturation.

Filters look great but the narration of that video is quite annoying.  
2016-12-14
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kevin16 Posted at 2016-12-14 00:27
Filters look great but the narration of that video is quite annoying.

Good thing you only need to watch it once right

I think I was just a little too excited after shooting with these all day.

-Jeff (Voice in the video)

2016-12-14
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Just ordered the new Vivid Collection 3 pack. I think the polarization will be great however I would really have liked a ND32 to be included or available as an add on option.
2016-12-14
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-14 13:27
Just ordered the new Vivid Collection 3 pack. I think the polarization will be great however I would really have liked a ND32 to be included or available as an add on option.

Once they come in we are more than happy to fulfill single filter requests

Thanks for the support!
-Jeff
2016-12-14
Use props
charlesbcraig
lvl.1

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-14 16:59

Thanks for the support!

Just ordered the Cinema 6 pack!
2016-12-16
Use props
rodpanam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 733504 ft
France

I order the first 6 pack in november, i don.t have any issue with them,  today i receive a coupon from polarpro that allow me to buy the 6 pack cinematic for only 39,99$ instead of 149$...so i bought them, what a great customer support!
Bravo
2016-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-14 21:59

Thanks for the support!

Received mine to Ireland last week, nice product, good packaging, would opt for cinematic deal if it still on
2016-12-16
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-16 13:23
Received mine to Ireland last week, nice product, good packaging, would opt for cinematic deal if it still on

This one is nearly 1/2 off:

Cinematic Filters
2016-12-16
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-12-17 05:26

Cinematic Filters

Thats annoying, I'll have to cancel my order with Polar Pro for the Cinema Vivid 3-pack and get this instead since all 6 are the same price.
2016-12-16
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-16 15:42
Thats annoying, I'll have to cancel my order with Polar Pro for the Cinema Vivid 3-pack and get this instead since all 6 are the same price.

I'm sure that's a mistake but I wonder if they'll honor it.
2016-12-16
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
United States

Yea I ordered it as well. Hope they honor it.
2016-12-16
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-12-16 13:26

Cinematic Filters

Amazon has that listed at $79.99 but they will never receive stock.
We are working on getting them to take that down.

Jeff
2016-12-16
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2016-12-16 15:28
Yea I ordered it as well. Hope they honor it.

Amazon will not be receiving inventory to fulfill any orders, so I would recommend not dealing with the hassle of ordering them and not receiving them.
We are working to get them to take that down,

-Jeff
2016-12-16
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

I just seen this post and I have ordered the 6-pack from Amazon. Why is it still up and why was it ever put up if you are not going to honor or ship these?
2017-1-3
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

By the way, I ordered on the 26th of December. Ten days after your last post about working on it. I am going to be deeply disappointed if my order is not filled.
2017-1-3
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-3 13:08
I just seen this post and I have ordered the 6-pack from Amazon. Why is it still up and why was it ever put up if you are not going to honor or ship these?

Amazon put that up even though they will not be receiving inventory.
We have no idea why they did it, I would recommend asking them.

-Jeff
2017-1-3
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-3 13:14
By the way, I ordered on the 26th of December. Ten days after your last post about working on it. I am going to be deeply disappointed if my order is not filled.

Amazon is not going to be receiving this item, they are aware that they are not receiving inventory, and they have kept the listing up...

-Jeff

2017-1-3
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

So my question is why was it ever put up? Did your company discuss Amazon selling these at a low price point and then your company decided not to sell to Amazon? I am sure Amazon just doesn't create a product page with a price before negotiating with the provider of the product. I have a serious issue with this bait and switching the blame to Amazon.
2017-1-4
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

Amazon chat, "You may want to contact the product manufacturer about this issue to see if they can help. Their contact information should be in the product manual or on the packaging for the item."
2017-1-4
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hyderja Posted at 2017-1-4 04:56
So my question is why was it ever put up? Did your company discuss Amazon selling these at a low price point and then your company decided not to sell to Amazon? I am sure Amazon just doesn't create a product page with a price before negotiating with the provider of the product. I have a serious issue with this bait and switching the blame to Amazon.

We share your disappointment with Amazon as well, we have been trying to get that down for a month now and they will not take it down. They are going to make a lot of people unhappy by leaving that live.

Here is how Amazon pages are set up:
1. We create the product page
2. We put our offer on the page for $149.99
3. Amazon decided to create their own offer for $79.99 which is fully controlled by them

Hopefully that clarifies it for you, we have zero control over what Amazon does as a company. We are not sure why they did it as they are not set up to receive this inventory. We are very upset with them also as they are going to make a lot of customers mad by doing this.

Again, we share your frustration on this one,

-Jeff

2017-1-4
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

Just chatted with Amazon again.

2017-1-11
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I live in the UK, and there is no stock of the Cinema 6 pack anywhere, so looked on Amazon US and was delighted at the price. Placed an order. I've just stumbled across this thread which is telling me I'll never receive the items

I don't really need them all, but would like the option of ND32 as well so going for the 6 pack. I guess I'll have to cancel my order if there is no chance of getting it.

Seems I'm destined to have issues with any Drone related purchase from Amazon, given Amazon UK sent me the wrong drone and now this  
2017-1-16
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1163894 ft
  • >>>
United States

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2017-1-16 04:06
I live in the UK, and there is no stock of the Cinema 6 pack anywhere, so looked on Amazon US and was delighted at the price. Placed an order. I've just stumbled across this thread which is telling me I'll never receive the items

I don't really need them all, but would like the option of ND32 as well so going for the 6 pack. I guess I'll have to cancel my order if there is no chance of getting it.

Got my 6 pack over the weekend - they fit very well and are very light - gimble had no issues...

-john
2017-1-16
Use props
Cage
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21191 ft
United States

I really can't wait to get the Cinema Vivid filters.  I hear they really make a difference!
2017-1-16
Use props
M4BMW
lvl.4
United States

Can anyone explain the difference between the vivid and shutter filters?
2017-1-16
Use props
Cage
lvl.2
United States

I believe the vivid series supposedly are ND filters with polarizers. Sounds interesting. The Shutter series are just ND filters not with polarizer features
2017-1-16
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Also bought 6 pack Cinema series from Amazon for $79. I bought at that price and I'm sure they will honor it. What I Worried about weight though, if you compare them to the Tacos they are almost double the weight!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-1-16
Use props
Cage
lvl.2
United States

PAYBACK Posted at 2017-1-16 07:54
Just bought 6 pack Cinema series from Amazon for $79, bargain if you ask me. Worried about weight though, if you compare them to the Tacos they are almost double the weight!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQUMIQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think Amazon screwed up the listing, too good to be true...
2017-1-16
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-16 16:39
Amazon will not be receiving inventory to fulfill any orders, so I would recommend not dealing with the hassle of ordering them and not receiving them.
We are working to get them to take that down,

Excuse me Jeff but how the HELL can you come on this forum as a supplier and say that Amazon will NEVER receive their orders. Pretty cheeky if you ask me!

What ever happened between you and your dealings with Amazon should in my view not be discussed on this platform!
In any event supplier is Amazon Export Sales not Polar-Pro I see.

2017-1-16
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

I received my Polar Pro cinema series 3 pack and finally had a chance to try them out.  

Here's what I like:
- They make a big difference in sunlight, versus no filter (although I didn't do a with/without comparison...for reasons that I'll explain in a bit). Much better saturation.
- Clearly very high quality
- No issues with the cinema series when the Mavic initialises the gimbal.  It pivots and swivel around without any issue.
- Customer service was excellent.  I'd bought the standard 6 pack of filters and had issues with them being very hard to remove, which was a concern as they required being taken off/on before every startup and battery swap (due to the gimbal).  The newer cinema series can stay on when the gimbal initialises.  Jeff immediately offered to figure out a way to swap for the new 3 pack cinema series as that's clearly better. He was also optimistic that the machining on the cinema series could make it easier to remove them, as I'd expressed concern about how difficult it was to remove them from a sensitive giimbal.

But here's what I've not liked...
- While there's the benefit that I don't have to pull off the filter each time I swap the battery, the cinema series haven't been any easier to remove vs. the standard filters.  Even in a warm house, its not easy to get these suckers off...and it's worse outside in the cold weather.
- A small thing, but it'd be great to ship these in a smaller case. The 3 filter case is nearly the same size as the 6 filter case and I'm trying to pack lots of stuff into a very small case.  It could be about half as small and that'd make it fit into my very tightly packed hardshell case.

Design always comes up against the limitations of what you're working with and I appreciate that the design of the lens and gimbal assembly for the Mavic created substantial issues for Polar Pro.  The technological achievement of the Mavic is considerable.  That said, I'm surprised that DJI would've released a product that's intended to create high quality images, with a lens that doesn't offer something as simple as a thread, or some other means to secure a filter. I hope the Mavic 2 will address  that.
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules