21701 248 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-11-23 04:20
They are press on, and there are different levels of grabbing strength. The further on you push th ...

Can we leave the filters on? Will it interfere with the gimbal during startup/initialization?
2016-11-26
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-25 14:24
Jeff, there are some reports concerning ND Filters and the Mavic camera. Someone on this forum bough ...

Our filters have not been released yet on Amazon. They do need to be installed after starting up the Mavic. During operation, they do not interfere with the gimbal. Let me know if you have any other questions.
-Jeff
2016-11-26
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

CptLuke Posted at 2016-11-20 06:30
here is the link where I bought them

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/PGYTECH-Lens-Filters-for-DJI- ...

CptLuke, have you received your PGY-TECH filters yet?  If so, what are your thoughts on them?  Thanks.
2016-11-28
Use props
CptLuke
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2455282 ft
  • >>>
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2016-11-28 14:59
CptLuke, have you received your PGY-TECH filters yet?  If so, what are your thoughts on them?  Tha ...

Not yet !
As soon I receive them , I ll go test and report .
2016-11-28
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

CptLuke Posted at 2016-11-28 13:42
Not yet !
As soon I receive them , I ll go test and report .

Very good.  Thanks!
2016-11-28
Use props
fansa7eabb8f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received shipment notification today to NY for the 3 Pack.
2016-11-28
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

No confirmation on the 6 pack but I was promised to be on the first batch. I'm also considering PGY-TECH's filters since you can leave them on and it will not interfere with the gimbal initialization. I'm just kinda partial to the idea intalling the filters on after drone has initialized at this point.
2016-11-28
Use props
ChaneRZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171043 ft
United States

Received my tracking this afternoon for the 3 pack.
2016-11-28
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-28 13:45
No confirmation on the 6 pack but I was promised to be on the first batch. I'm also considering PGY- ...

Great feedback, it seems like most people want to leave them on, and from this feedback we have made our Cinema Series filters (launching in late January) this way. We do guarantee compatibility with the current filters, they just need to be installed after turning the Mavic on. It takes less than a second to install and remove, but I feel you and are designing for this in the Cinema Series.
-Jeff
2016-11-28
Use props
fansa7eabb8f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jeff.  So disappointed that filters have to be installed AFTER initialization. That means they have to be carefully pulled off and installed on an active gimbal with each battery change. Not always so easy in the field. And to be told now that you're considering a change for the Cinema Series means the technology was always available.
Your products and company are awesome and can only blame myself for not antipating the issue.
2016-11-28
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

Having to put the filters on after the gimbal initializes is a deal breaker for me. While it may take "less than a second", messing with the gimbal while the mavic is on is a risk I am not willing to take.
2016-11-29
Use props
CaptumLux
lvl.2

United States

col4bin Posted at 2016-11-29 08:28
Having to put the filters on after the gimbal initializes is a deal breaker for me. While it may tak ...

I second this and am seriously contemplating canceling my order. At the price these run, we should not need to pay for a Cinema version sometime down the road in order to prevent from pushing these onto the lens with an active gimbal.
2016-11-29
Use props
Kep1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255984 ft
China

How can I cancel my order?
Putting the filter on the camera after the gimbal is activ will break it earlier or later...
2016-11-29
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

Cancelling my order, Jeff.
2016-11-29
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

I' may use the gimbal clamp to secure the gimbal when I install the PP lens or maybe that's overly cautious.
2016-11-29
Use props
CaptumLux
lvl.2

United States

Matman Posted at 2016-11-29 11:49
I' may use the gimbal clamp to secure the gimbal when I install the PP lens or maybe that's overly  ...

I think that this could potentially cause even more damage. When you turn on the Mavic and it tries to initialize with the clamp, it will overload the gimbal.
2016-11-29
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

This now sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I'm also not impressed anymore and going to cancel.
This is the sort of information that needs to be given right from the start, especially with a gimbal as fragile as the Mavic. Something like this is a clear deal breaker for many many people.

Really disappointed as I only heard good things about Polar Pro before...
This was obviously done on purpose so that their more expensive cinema series have another selling point.
2016-11-29
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft
United States

6-pack ordered! Excited, thank you!
2016-11-29
Use props
fansa7eabb8f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jeff,

It was not my intention to start a firestorm, but this is a real problem. I'm going to keep my filters based upon your generous upgrade program, but consumers are not going to be happy. I am sure that most purchasers, just like me, were unaware of this issue. It's more than just a nuisance and I suggest you disclose the issue on your order page.

Have not received the shipment yet, and am wondering if you provide instructions stating that filters should be attached after initialization. If not, how will anyone know, and more importantly, is the filtered lens going to "bump" in it's housing (during initialization) or even worse, does the gimbal stand to be damaged.
2016-11-29
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

I just cancelled my order. Here's the lowdown of this issue... After you startup the Mavic and gimbal initialization is completed, that means that the gimbal is now fully active. Pushing the filters on the camera will stress out the gimbal since it will try to counteract the force applied to the camera to balance it. While it may not break it at that point, doing the same procedure over and over again will have its toll on the gimbal. I will order next time for the Cinema version if it is screw on. For now, PGY-TECH's filter has my vote since we can install the filter while the Mavic is powered off and will not interfere with the gimbal during startup.
2016-11-29
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

PolarPro Posted at 2016-11-29 03:16
Great feedback, it seems like most people want to leave them on, and from this feedback we have ma ...

It clearly stated in the description "...and feature lightweight frames that won't affect the camera gimbal.".

Highly misleading to say the least...
2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

col4bin Posted at 2016-11-29 05:28
Having to put the filters on after the gimbal initializes is a deal breaker for me. While it may tak ...

No Problem, we are more than happy to refund you and get you into the Cinema Series if needed.
Jeff.Overall@polarprofilters.com

2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CaptumLux Posted at 2016-11-29 07:48
I second this and am seriously contemplating canceling my order. At the price these run, we should ...

No problem at all, I would invite you to at least try them out, but if you are not happy with them, more than happy to refund them.

2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kep1 Posted at 2016-11-29 08:28
How can I cancel my order?
Putting the filter on the camera after the gimbal is activ will break it  ...

Taking your filter on and off will not break the gimbal.
We have done a lot of testing with this, but if you would like to cancel the order we are more than happy to help you out:

2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No problem at all, just shoot us an email and we will get it canceled for you.
Best Wishes,

Jeff
2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Stu-pak Posted at 2016-11-29 09:21
This now sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I'm also not impressed anymore and going to cance ...

Hi Stu,

Thanks for the feedback, It was not done on purpose.
At the time of development (October 1st) we did not expect people to not want to take filters on and off. I personally change my filters multiple times a day depending on lighting conditions, but it looks like some pilots do not do that.

We guarantee our products to work with the Mavic and not cause any damage.

If you would like a refund we are more than happy to accommodate you.

Your feedback as well as everyone else's is very welcomed and appreciated,

2016-11-29
Use props
CamStevens
lvl.4

United States

I just see mine preparing to ship from Amazon, and am also going to cancel.  Jeff, can you give more details on how the forthcoming Cinema series will differ from these?
2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa7eabb8f Posted at 2016-11-29 09:31
Jeff,

It was not my intention to start a firestorm, but this is a real problem. I'm going to keep m ...

It is no problem at all, We appreciate the conversation and the feedback.
We will continually work to change designs to make our customers happy.

We still stand behind this design 100%, as I have personally been shooting with them the last 20 days and they work very well.

There are instruction manuals in each package instructing how to install properly.

Video and web description updating today!

Jeff
2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-29 09:51
I just cancelled my order. Here's the lowdown of this issue... After you startup the Mavic and gimba ...

Hi No Mans Drone,

First, I would like to point out that after calibration the filter can be installed and work perfectly. We warrant that our filters will work 100% with the gimbal. Installing 1 gram of weight before calibration puts the same amount of "stress" on the gimbal as if you install it after calibration. We appreciate everyones feedback on having to install them, but the bottom line is we have thoroughly tested weight loads on the Mavic gimbal and guarantee our filters to be compatible without causing any harm.
-Jeff
2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Stu-pak Posted at 2016-11-29 10:14
It clearly stated in the description "...and feature lightweight frames that won't affect the came ...

Hi Stu,

It does not effect the gimbal after installation.
I completely understand everyone is a little taken back by learning they have to install after calibration, and we are updating all descriptions and making an installation video.

We are not here to mislead anyone, we have a fantastic return policy if anyone is not happy with their order. We are here for the long term, to build great products and relationships. We will always side with our customers and work to continuously improve product.

-Jeff
2016-11-29
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Jeff,

When do you expect to start shipping the 6-pack?  I'm not sure where I am on the list, but curious to know if I'll have filters before I have my Mavic in hand.

Thank you!

Gary
2016-11-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

PolarPro Posted at 2016-11-29 20:28
Hi Stu,

It does not effect the gimbal after installation.

Honestly this is ridiculous, think about it your getting ready to fly you know the last thing you have to do is put your filter on, I think that's great, I don't know how many times I forgot to put my fixed filters on my P4 , this way I will know last thing I have to is PUT THE FILTER ON, thanks polar Pro .
Have you shipped mine to Ireland yet.
2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-11-29 11:41
Jeff,

When do you expect to start shipping the 6-pack?  I'm not sure where I am on the list, but  ...

Hi Gary,

The 3-Packs arrived first and those have all gone out, the 6-Packs are due to ship on the 30th.
We should be able to clear everything by Friday.
-Jeff
2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-29 11:45
Honestly this is ridiculous, think about it your getting ready to fly you know the last thing you  ...

All of the 3-Packs have shipped and we are prepping all the 6-Packs to ship starting the 30th and should complete them all by the end of the week!

Thanks for the order,

Jeff
2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CamStevens Posted at 2016-11-29 11:19
I just see mine preparing to ship from Amazon, and am also going to cancel.  Jeff, can you give more ...

The Cinema Series will be constructed out of an aircraft aluminum which we can make thinner.
Additionally the higher end glass we use can be made thinner as well yielding a lower profile filter.

If you want to use the filters you ordered until the CS launches we invite you to do that and you will be able to just pay the difference.

-Jeff
2016-11-29
Use props
Flyyvon
lvl.2

Canada

I Just cancel my 6 packs order and will be waiting for their Cinema Series in January.  No rush for me.

Customer service at PolarPro was terrific.

Thank you.

Yvon.
2016-11-29
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-11-29 15:01
The Cinema Series will be constructed out of an aircraft aluminum which we can make thinner.
Addi ...

Thanks for the info.  I'm assuming you mean November 30th.

Curious, are you implying that we can trade our standard filters back in for credit toward the Cinema Series?  I'd certainly consider the upgrade!

Gary
2016-11-29
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

Will the cinema series be screw on and/or be able to be left on during initializafion?

When do you expect to open pre orders?
2016-11-29
Use props
CaptumLux
lvl.2

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-11-29 15:01
Addi ...

Hey Jeff, first of all I very much admire your attitude towards all of the negative comments (including my own). I may end up giving them a try, but really would prefer the Cinema series. Would this same offer be available to Amazon purchases?
2016-11-29
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-11-29 12:12
Thanks for the info.  I'm assuming you mean November 30th.

Curious, are you implying that we can  ...

Yes, Nov 30th as in tomorrow.
Yes you can trade the standard filters back to us for what you paid for them towards the purchase of the Cinema Series.

Thanks Gary!
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules