A7Rll Disconnecting Video Transmission
1492 14 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans642094a2
lvl.1

Australia

Hi guys - hoping someone can help me.

I have a brand new M600 + Ronin MX with a brand new Sony A7Rll. Every time I power on the camera it disconnects from the aircraft. I went back to the store I purchased from last week and over the course of an hour we experimented with multiple options and eventually landed at a work around of powering on the aircraft + remote, launching the Go App then the camera.

Unfortunately that no longer works (or only works 1 in 15-20 attempts). I've purchased two new HDMI cables and tested with a second A7Rll.

Is anyone else having this problem or know of a solution?

I'm running latest firmware.

Jay
2016-11-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When you enter the camera view, does it say "disconnected" or "no signal". Could you happen to provide a screenshot of your video settings in the DJI Go app? What mobile device do you use? What LED indications do you get the from the LB2 air end?
2016-11-2
Use props
fans642094a2
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-3 08:58
When you enter the camera view, does it say "disconnected" or "no signal". Could you happen to provi ...

Hi DJI Jamie,

Thank you very much for the reply. When I enter the camera mode it says 'Weak Signal Transmission', when I power on the camera it crashes and says nothing. I'm at work at the moment but will happily capture a screen shot for you once I'm home, in the interim here is a video I just uploaded for you:
I'm using an Iphone 7Plus but have also tried it on an ipad and Android.

2016-11-2
Use props
fans642094a2
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-3 05:58
When you enter the camera view, does it say "disconnected" or "no signal". Could you happen to provi ...

Hi DJI Jamie,

Here's another video for you this time with screen shots of the camera screen and video settings. I can confirm however that I have experimented with all possible video settings and to no avail.

2016-11-3
Use props
fans642094a2
lvl.1

Australia

I've just upgraded to the latest controller firmware and the issue seems to be resolved. Connected is being established every time.

Jay
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans642094a2 Posted at 2016-11-3 19:39
I've just upgraded to the latest controller firmware and the issue seems to be resolved. Connected i ...

Good to hear that you were able to get yourself up and running again. Thank you for the update, please let me know if the issue comes back.
2016-11-3
Use props
ECO-DRONES
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54265 ft
Brazil

fans642094a2 Posted at 2016-11-3 19:39
I've just upgraded to the latest controller firmware and the issue seems to be resolved. Connected i ...

Hello Jay,

Do you really solved your problem?

we has the same setup, and facing the same issues. I have LB2 RC ground unit also, and it not controlling well Ronin-MX, even when bind correctly.

It's so sad!
2016-11-7
Use props
fans642094a2
lvl.1

Australia

ECO-DRONES Posted at 2016-11-8 10:44
Hello Jay,

Do you really solved your problem?

Hi there,

Yes, since the recent most controller firmware upgrade I am having no issues with the video connection - it's working perfectly. Sorry to hear about your problems - are you having the problem when just using the controller with the latest firmware?
2016-11-12
Use props
reednolan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46102 ft
United States

Glad to hear the latest firmware solved your transmission problems. I have a similar set up, M600-A3pro- Lightbridge 2 - ronin MX- Sony A7Sii and I'm have the same issues with powering down and back up to establish connection. It used to work after power cycling everything once. Now it takes 5-10 times. I tried to install the latest firmware for the lightbridge 2 remote but it keeps giving me a disconnect error. The remote is currently on 1.1.50 firmware and I'm trying to download 1.1.70. I've tried downloading the firmware with both the M600 powered on and off. Either way the remote lights up purple starts to beep for a minute then disconnects. I'd appreciate any help anyone can give to correct this issue. Here's a couple pics to show the problems I'm having.

Thanks,

Reed
IMG_2351.JPG
IMG_2355.JPG
2016-11-14
Use props
Motti7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40976496 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar problem updating my second controller, it kept quitting on me.  But when I had my M600 and my controller powered on I was able to update the firmware to 1.1.70.  Took a while to show up (on my second controller) that there was an firmware update (on my first controller it showed up right away).
2016-11-16
Use props
ECO-DRONES
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54265 ft
Brazil

fans642094a2 Posted at 2016-11-13 06:16
Hi there,

Yes, since the recent most controller firmware upgrade I am having no issues with the v ...

Hello!

No, the same here even when I update with new FW. Poor quality video by LB2.

Since I have a second LB2 RC, I can't figure out how to setup video/stilll cam mode and shutter in this setup.

My full setup:

- Matrice 600
- Ronin MX
- DJI Remote start/stop
- Sony A7RII (HDMI)
- Controller Matrice 600 (for pilot)
- Controller LB2 (for Ronin-MX and camera operator)
- IPad2 (for both)

Any ideas??

Thanks!
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

reednolan Posted at 2016-11-15 06:30
Glad to hear the latest firmware solved your transmission problems. I have a similar set up, M600-A3 ...

Have you tried reinstalling the Go app to see if that helps? Are you using WiFi or cellular data to download the firmware?
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ECO-DRONES Posted at 2016-11-18 09:26
Hello!

No, the same here even when I update with new FW. Poor quality video by LB2.

I responded to you on your own thread.
2016-11-18
Use props
reednolan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46102 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-19 11:04
Have you tried reinstalling the Go app to see if that helps? Are you using WiFi or cellular data t ...

I was able to get the new firmware installed by switching from my Ipad to Iphone. I think the problem occurred when I downloaded the firmware but did not immediately install it with my Ipad. Once I switched to the Iphone I was able to download and install. DJI needs to send out a notification that there will be a new firmware release. Operators in the field cannot be expected to power up their UAS and then spend 40 minutes downloading a new firmware. Thanks for replying Jamie.
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

reednolan Posted at 2016-11-20 04:59
I was able to get the new firmware installed by switching from my Ipad to Iphone. I think the prob ...

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out. I'll pass along the need for better notifications. For now, it would be fine to refrain from updating while on the job, and then attempt to update when you can.
2016-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules