lvl.2

United States

Source: PB Tech

2016-11-2
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

This is not verified information. Please treat unverified claims with skepticism until more information is officially released by DJI.
2016-11-2
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-11-3 00:44
This is not verified information. Please treat unverified claims with skepticism until more informat ...

And when will this be? Lmao!
2016-11-2
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

This is not verified information. Please treat unverified claims with skepticism until more informat ...

That is the problem, DJI is not providing any updated information.  The last bit of information DJI posted was on Oct 25, I think it is time for DJI to provide a new update to their paying customers.
2016-11-2
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

No, it's reversed considering how DJI communicates. Treat every article as truth until DJI proves it to be wrong. This way, customers can garner some thread of truth by those willing to investigate what seems obvious to all as a 'botched early release intended to steal Apple customers from GoPro

Truth be told
2016-11-2
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-11-2 09:44

This^

It seems a lot of resellers aren't getting any info, so they've just been making stuff up.  It's the reason everyone says something different.
2016-11-2
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3

I find is funny that paying customers are taking their own time to do their own investigation on the logistics of shipping, while DJI has remained tight lipped about the whole shipping fiasco. Pretty sad
2016-11-2
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Also pretty funny that if you want to cancel your order you have to leave a message in the hopes someone will get back to you. Maybe!

Post a thread about 100 Mavics being shipped? DJI LA support replies to this thread in 7 minutes refuting the claim.

Anyone else see a pattern?

Finally some articles today starting to surface about their inept customer service

I would be shocked if Apple executives aren't reconsidering their 'reseller' partnership with DJI out of fear their ineptitude will rub off on Apples shine.
2016-11-2
Use props
fansa8e60979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I am a supporter of DJI but in this case I do have to agree with others. Unless DJI put up their own figures we *have* to believe rumour and speculation - they will fill the void left by the company's silence.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans69d7daab
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-2
Use props
Ultraflight77
lvl.3

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-11-3 01:00
Also pretty funny that if you want to cancel your order you have to leave a message in the hopes som ...

I Agree
2016-11-2
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't say I doubt the claim. If you looked on youtube over the weekend, there were probably just 20-30 different US users posting Mavic videos.

Also I wouldn't pounce on DJI support on these forums. They are just as clueless as we are. Unfortunately for them, they have to handle our displeasure with the way DJI Corp has handled this so far.
2016-11-2
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lol.  Yes only 100 shipped, and amazingly, 76 of them happen to be forum members.   
2016-11-2
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-11-2 10:10
Lol.  Yes only 100 shipped, and amazingly, 76 of them happen to be forum members.

76 total to-date, and not all in the US.

and assuming the DJI shills (such as the 007s) aren't falsely voting yes in that poll.
2016-11-2
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Ever wonder how many people who've preordered the Mavic, and then realizing something's not right when no delivery on the 15th, to then not receiving any info from DJI that amounts to anything.... who don't even know about these forums?

I would have thought I was scammed by a Chinese Bernie Madoff if I hadn't read any of these forums documenting DJIs history of poor customer service
2016-11-2
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fullswing Posted at 2016-11-3 01:13
76 total to-date, and not all in the US.

and assuming the DJI shills (such as the 007s) aren't fal ...

I have 007 in my name, and Hallmark does.  So, if you subtract 2 from 76, which gives you 74, does that change your opinion?  Or were you just saying that due to the inability of being able to come up with something intelligent?
2016-11-2
Use props
hashtag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1716 ft
United Kingdom

Amazon have put back their orders from the 5th until the 17th November. Not holding my breath. Never would I purchase from DJi unless there is stock available.
2016-11-2
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Somewhere in Shenzhen.....
image.jpeg
2016-11-2
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-11-2 11:29
I have 007 in my name, and Hallmark does.  So, if you subtract 2 from 76, which gives you 74, does  ...

Again,

1. Not all of those 76 votes are from people living in the US.
2. There is no time constraint on them.
3. DJI shills may be padding those meager numbers. Said shills include but are not necessarily limited to you and the other 007.

I hope that itemization makes it easier for you to mentally digest this time.
2016-11-2
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fullswing Posted at 2016-11-3 03:16
Again,

Yes, you are letting your anger blind your brain.  To actually believe only 100 Mavic's have shipped in the US is beyond ridiculous.  
2016-11-2
Use props
fansf906a12b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

There probably 100 sold on ebay just in the US alone. I think I spotted 5 when I last browsed for fun.
2016-11-2
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

method007 Posted at 2016-11-2 12:28
Yes, you are letting your anger blind your brain.  To actually believe only 100 Mavic's have shipp ...

The only evidence you've supplied to the contrary are the 76 worldwide, all-time votes in that thread's poll.
2016-11-2
Use props
Repsolkid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7418 ft
United Kingdom

method007 Posted at 2016-11-2 19:28
Yes, you are letting your anger blind your brain.  To actually believe only 100 Mavic's have shipp ...

method007,
Every time I have read one of your responses to a post right across this forum you are 100% abrupt, rude, non sympathetic, extremely patronising, and downright condescending.

People come here to find help, get advice, explain some of their drone issues, ask newbie questions to their new hobby, and are if case you missed it, human beings.
Try treating people with respect
2016-11-2
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Repsolkid Posted at 2016-11-3 03:40
method007,
Every time I have read one of your responses to a post right across this forum you are ...

That's apparently because you're beginning on my reply.  Try reading from the beginning and you will understand the context.  You are also defending a post that has nothing to do with "people come here to find help, get advice, explain some of their drone issues, ask newbie questions to their new hobby..".  Maybe spend your time with the people who come here to find help, get advice, explain some of their drone issues, and ask newbie questions to their new hobby, rather than in a thread clearly designed to be a circle jerk for the whiners?  
2016-11-2
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

76. Double digits. Like, really, you're crowing about less than 100 people across the globe claiming they've received their Mavics? Nothing to see here, folks. Move along?

76 people have received their products, therefore all of our shipping concerns and complaints are unwarranted.
2016-11-2
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fullswing Posted at 2016-11-3 03:45
76. Double digits. Like, really, you're crowing about less than 100 people across the globe claiming ...

You understand the planet does not revolve around this forum right?
2016-11-2
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

I highly doubt DJI will verify its validity,  if this email is true that means the email that gizmodo posted may have some merit.
2016-11-2
Use props
robble
lvl.2

After hitting tbe crack pipe pretty hard this morning I called the local apple store to see if my dream of them being in stock had any reality.
Apple rep said no of course and they were expecting them on December 23rd.
2016-11-2
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

robble Posted at 2016-11-2 12:55
After hitting tbe crack pipe pretty hard this morning I called the local apple store to see if my dr ...

Agreed...smoking my crack pipe while bathing in bath salts at the same time on hold with DJI customer service
2016-11-2
Use props
ben.moyes
lvl.2

Australia

method007 Posted at 2016-11-3 06:28

Well, tbh, there is little to no evidence that the number is far off 100 shipped to the US in the last week.

This may just be my crack pipe speaking out loud here, but whilst I realise not ALL Mavic customers participate in these forums, I'd suggest that a large percentage do, just because most people have ordered from this very site. And when people fork out $1k+ on an online purchase that should have shipped weeks ago, they tend to go looking for answers and start participating in relevant forums. I know I do.

So, when I look at the spreadsheet today that there are 1455 registered purchasers and only 35 showing as shipped in the last week, less than 100 in total, it paints a pretty good picture. And when I start reading about 10+ of users having malfunctions, I get more worried.

In the absence of any explanation from DJI about how this is supposed to pan out, I guess people do start to reach certain conclusions about what sort of company DJI is, the quality of the product and how the customers are treated.
2016-11-2
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I find it hard to believe that only 100 were shipped. Being a manufacturer in China, I'm sure it's a big factory, big enough to produce more than 100 a day. I mean really, Harley Davidson in the U.S. puts out 100 bikes a week. A small drone has to be in the 100's a week. Multiply that by the number of weeks they may have been producing, I'm sure they sent out 1000's. This of course is just speculation on my part with numbers I pulled out of the air. But you see my point.
2016-11-2
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-2 23:16
I find it hard to believe that only 100 were shipped. Being a manufacturer in China, I'm sure it's a ...

The numbers in use must still be pretty small as there aren't many genuine Mavic videos coming on youtube yet.
The great majority of buyers are going to be quite keen (and able) to put first flight test footage online.
Probably less than 1000 is a more realistic number.
Bear in mind we are three weeks after the promised first delivery date.
2016-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fullswing Posted at 2016-11-2 19:16
Again,

Hi I'm not to sure why you keep indirectly bringing me into your argument, or if I have done something to hold up the delivery of your drone.
Reality is all the whiners and moaners who have received there drones, have deserted ye their gone flying there drones, they don't care that you don't have yours, and most likely by there silence happy , they have there drones and they only were delayed less than two weeks, and when you get yours , it's most likely we won't have YOU whining around here, because you don't really care about anybody else, there was only one group that made any difference around here, that was the group who got together to put up google spreadsheet,
Moaners and whingers were and still are led by the ring in their nose by faceless trolls who have no interest if you get your drones or not , but rather to do nothing but cause trouble and whip new members into a frenzy, making arguments which make no sense, and when this didn't work out , they lead yet again to get ye to make personal untrue attacks on people who have a different view than you.
If you need to say something to me or about me don't do it secondhand grow a pair and just seek me out .
I have an opinion I speak for myself, it's different than yours, but it's not led by the troll mob, when all this dies down the troll mob will disappear and reappear with different avatar like nothing happened,
And that's something you will learn if you continue to be a member of this forum..
2016-11-2
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Yawn... I could really go for a DJI update right about now. It's getting boring reading the same back and forth.

I did like the DJI manufacturing oops recordings. It would be pretty entertaining to put a live webcam in there and watch them like the Truman show.
2016-11-2
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-11-2 19:58
Yawn... I could really go for a DJI update right about now. It's getting boring reading the same bac ...

Link to recording? Please. (I feel the need to be polite with everyone else on the boards being such a dick. ha)
2016-11-2
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-11-2 21:19
Speaking of being led around, how many times will "See the Shiny Penny" work on you?  Twice we hav ...

They have to be stocking up for a mass shipment. If that mass shipment is going to Apple and other vendors or individuals who ordered online is the question. My guess is 90% is going to the mass shipment to Apple/vendors and when that 10% hits idk 500 units then they send a batch to individuals.
2016-11-2
Use props
hX5x70AfdW7R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft

No more "dji" reps speaking up? Lol
2016-11-2
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-11-2 21:55
Let's consider your theory rationally.  First day preorders remain incomplete.  A reasonable world ...

So they are still building stock to retailers and are shipping out small chunks of units every so often as I said. You say max profit like they don't already have everyone's money. (Which they do aka no incentive there.) And while it's the right thing to do, they don't care about the unrest or they would be sending detailed updates of the delays in the process. Finally, the last thing they care about is about how butt hurt you or anyone else is compared to a company like idk Apple. If they lose you as customer... big whoop. If they lose Apple as a partner... big $ lost. So again, you aren't shit, I'm not shit and no one else on this board is shit. Bend over, take it and the wait will be over soon.
2016-11-2
Use props
fansbac157c1
lvl.1

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-3 10:28
So they are still building stock to retailers and are shipping out small chunks of units every so  ...

Don't tell me I drank the cool aid and paid over $1200 and won't see my Mavic until God knows when? OMG!!!
2016-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-11-3 01:19
Speaking of being led around, how many times will "See the Shiny Penny" work on you?  Twice we hav ...

Only one drinking kool-Aid is you, if everything is so bad why not get a refund. It's easy in this world to throw stones, not so easy to have the strength of your convictions.
2016-11-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules