When to buy DJI Care?
3011 7 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

I'm pre-ordered via BestBuy. The delivery date was October 31st, now pushed back to November 30th. I don't want to buy DJI care and have it active while I don't have the drone; conversely, I don't want to receive the drone before I get the coverage. Since it is likely I won't know if there'll be more delays in delivery of my order, when do I actually buy the coverage? Anyone else in this boat? Thank you
2016-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can't purchase yet, you will need SN number, however you have to order within 48 hours of activation.
2016-11-2
Use props
russellwalden
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318927 ft
United Kingdom

Not  sure I'll bother with care refresh.  It seems a waste of money. Here's my thinking.  So I'm flying my mavic and have a crash but its my fault . Ie I've been flying under tress and performed a RTH and it flew straight up and into the tree.
Dji are obviously going to say it was my fault and not pay out. If I have care refresh I'd guess they would say the same .
If it wasn't my fault. Ie the drone took off on its own and crashed then it's dji fault and the one year warenty would kick in and they would give me a new drone. Hence the care refresh is a waste of money.
2016-11-3
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft

russellwalden@h Posted at 2016-11-3 16:17
Not  sure I'll bother with care refresh.  It seems a waste of money. Here's my thinking.  So I'm fly ...

Hi !
The point is that DCR will pay for 2 Mavics that were damaged beacuse of piloting error (stil some $75 to pay but you get a new one). Plus for warranty repairs you git priority. I am not advertising it, wont buy since i am just a hobbyist but for a pro this looks good.
Problem is they wont pay for flyaway so you NEED to find it. I'd say put a tracker onboard...

Nils
2016-11-3
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

You can't get it until you have the drone anyway mate. I just purchased immediately after opening the box because you need the serial number. As soon as you get your policy/agreement number through email conformation it's applied to your device. Mine all happened immediately.

The whole 'Activate within 48 hours' of activating your Aircraft really threw me off because I didn't actually have to go to any activation screen or anything, just after purchasing it and going through the online stuff it all just did it. I contacted it DJI Care support to confirm and they said as long as you receive your policy/agreement number then you're covered and it's active.

Hope this helps.
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Not  sure I'll bother with care refresh.  It seems a waste of money. Here's my thinking.  So I'm fly ...

It's not a full 1 year warranty that they provide on the Mavic, different parts different warranty.  They should just up the price an include it in the cost automatically.
http://www.dji.com/service/policy

Remote Controller
12 Months
Battery
6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times
Battery Charger
6 Months
Frame
No Warranty
Propeller
No Warranty
MC
12 Months
Gimbal Camera
6 Months
Vision Positioning System
6 Months
Propulsion system (excluding propellers)
6 Months
2016-11-3
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

No that's the whole point of refresh... You can crash it into a tree on purpose if you like... You then pay £75 for your first model and they give you a brand new or 'like new' one.

The standard warranty covers you for any manufacturer issues, like if there is something wrong with it from the factory and it's their fault. Refresh covers you for any accidents that are your fault. That's the whole point of it.

I never ever do these insurance type things for any stuff like Apple Care etc. Because I look after all my things very well. But a drone is completely different, I bought it straight away because I know accidents with this thing can happen, very easily. It could be a complete fluke and a bird hit it or you just accidentally crash it. I would say every beginner needs this it will save them a fortune if they crash within that first year.
2016-11-3
Use props
Wind Junkie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116165 ft
United States

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-3 17:12
You can't get it until you have the drone anyway mate. I just purchased immediately after opening th ...

Thanks man, this clears up what I wasn't understanding. I'll buy the coverage when I get the drone (who knows how long that will be with my BestBuy preorder). Thanks again!
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules