No RTH crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
defender4he1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466 ft
Australia

Have been flying my new P3 S now for a few weeks now with no problems apart from  no multiable flight mode witchDJI promptly fixed.
Thanks DJI  (  I think ) .I decided to try waypoint mode but after 4  way points the program stopped I then selected  WPM again and selected
other mission option. At this point the Go app shutdown . With the P3 now hovering about 100m away I selected the app again and switched out off f mode
I then got a week signal and a landing message witch I tried to cancel but had no control .The phantom now resides in a watery grave
Any suggestions apart from not flying over water what I should or not have done would be appreciated

Thanks
2016-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey, sorry about your drowned drone. I usually try to avoid flying over large open bodies of H2o.
Not sure what else you could of, would have, should have done... But avoid the deep drink, where hidden disaster lurks.

Hopefully, in the future, you will have already learned a very valuable lesson.

What are you going to do, for retrieval? You need to try and get that Phantom back, and dry it out.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Unfortunately you did what a lot of people do, once the app died you spent time trying to re-start it. The app is not essential to flying the aircraft, you can still control it manually and this is what you should have done, bring it back home and worry about the app later. When it was hovering, it was waiting for you to take control of it.
2016-11-2
Use props
defender4he1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-3 05:54
Unfortunately you did what a lot of people do, once the app died you spent time trying to re-start i ...

With a full battery I would have thought with a weak signal the drone should return home instead of land but not to be

Thanks
2016-11-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

defender4he1 Posted at 2016-11-3 09:10
With a full battery I would have thought with a weak signal the drone should return home instead o ...

Yes, normally it should have come home, have you got that option set in the menu? One thing to be aware of is that it will not RTH but land where it is if it is within 20 Metres of the take-off point. Normally it will hover in place waiting for the signal to come back, then if it does not receive any control input from you, it should then come home.
2016-11-2
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

defender4he1 Posted at 2016-11-2 18:10
With a full battery I would have thought with a weak signal the drone should return home instead o ...

keep in mind the phantom has 2 signals to run this.

1 for the RC and flying--longer range normally than the video
1 for video stream--usually will fail before the control signal.

loss of video signal means nothing to the phantom,
it don't use or need it to fly.
all that info is for you

it will wait till low battery commands it to land

loss of RC signal triggers  RTH--
that will do what ever you program in GO menu.

almost always when video just goes out with bad signal the quad is fully and completely flyable .
Only if RC and video went at once would that not be true and is unusual to occur
2016-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules