Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What features would want to see on the next gen Inspire 2
1876 5 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.2
United States

If I had a wish list of things I would want to see on the next gen Inspire, it would be fairly simple.  Other than the obvious like more flight time for the X5R I would like an integrated Nose Camera that could be viewed at the same time as the payload camera.  This is extremely useful for doing hiighspeed shots following a car down a road at 4 feet above the ground at 40 MPH.  Currently I use a cots FPV dice camera similar to what the racer guys use, it can be cumbersome to have extra equipment not to mention wieght when flying the X5R.
I personally don't care about obstacle avoidance, although I imagine it will have it based on what is on board a Mavic and P4.  

Currious what others may find useful.
2016-11-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would like the following :

-  Obstacle avoidance.  ( Just in case , like to know if something is aproacing  I cant see )

- longer flight time.

- Downlink video in 1080p.

- Two cameras would be nice,  one for pilot other Fixed for camera operator.

- Camera features that the Mavic and P4 have , for following subjects.

- Longer range for those who fly distance .  ( when conditions are right )

- Ability for two RC  controllers that dont have to be  next to each other for Hand off flights and control . Flytrex currently offers this .  

- Some type of fail safe parachute built in .

Just my two cents worth of ideas

donnie

2016-11-3
Use props
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.2
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-3 08:21
I would like the following :

-  Obstacle avoidance.  ( Just in case , like to know if something is  ...

Not bad ideas.  The first two are a given or at least the first and hope the second one is a given.  Being that the P4 and Mavic gave obstacle avoidance its safe to say the next gen Inspire will have obstacle avoidance.  I imagine also some sort of auto tracking feature as well.  It would be nice if the autotrack is camera centric versus aircraft, meaning the camera pans to keep the target in the desired framing.

1080P is probably realistic based on Lightbridge2 and what is also featured on the Mavic.  I imagine if they have a two camera setup this bandwidth will be divided between the two lie 360 for the Nose and 720 for the payload.  1080P for the payload w.o nose camera.

The two controller handoff idea would be nice as it would make the legal requirements easier as far as the US 's 107 is concerned.  The FAA has not really given guidance on what it is expecting BLOS.  Rumors are that the aircraft may require a redundant comm system to monitor it all times.  I tried that trick once with a DJI 550 Flamewheel and a multiplexer circuit years ago.

The parachute is would be nice, I have messed with them before, they end being more weight cost than they are worth.

I guess if I were to throw in a few more things to the wish lists would be better propellers for once.  Stock DJI props have never really been much more than rotating "wet noodles."  Heres hoping the position and altitude hold is close to the M600 and A3.  The M600 is first thing I have flown that does not have the  dip when pushing forward.

Who knows what they will end up doing.  Probably meet us somewhere in the middle so they have a reason to keep us waiting for the next one.  DJI seems to follow the Apple model almost to the T.  
2016-11-3
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Tell you what'd like to see.

Forward speed increased to the same capability the I1 had before FW updates crippled it.
Actual groundstation with taskable waypoints and map based planning before flight - just like they announced last year, and all of the competitors have had for ages. (not interested in 3rd party apps for this - should be a fully manufacturer supported function).
An ability to track a straight course forward in GPS mode, without veering to left or right (yes, IMU and compass cals are solid - this is a firmware bug)
An ability to execute a sweeping turn without losing meters in altitude.
But in terms of new functions and features.

Folding props would be great.
An automated 'close hover' setting for discharging batteries. (e.g. hover at 10cm until battery capacity reaches 3.3v and disable auto-landing)
A universal cradle mount for attaching alternative payload devices, possibly with USB power and some basic data comms.

2016-11-3
Use props
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.2
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-11-4 00:11
Tell you what'd like to see.

Forward speed increased to the same capability the I1 had before FW up ...

Hopefully if the new FC in it is anything like the A3 I think it will have better straight line tracking.  The A3 seems to track better then FC I have ever used.  I would have to assume the I2 will probably be based off of that new Naza 3 that just came out.  I have not used the N3 yet, I am hoping to test that out soon.  I flew the I1 on a TV show following car down a bridge at 4 feet off the ground and yeah I had to stay on my toes for that one.  I usually fly almost always in Atti.  But that shot the bridge truss created too much eddie currents which made it almost impossible to fly in Atti.   I wen to GPS and it solved the issue but I did have to make slight adjustments.

I am not a fan of the folding props to be honest.  On my other rigs I found that my fixed CF props give better performance than any of the folding that are out there.  I wold like a higher quality prop though.  No Offense DJI, your props suck!  I wish they had something more in line like Tiger, XOAR or KDE CF props.  I got an aftermarket adapter to fly Tiger CF's and they make a world of a difference.  

I like your idea about having a close hover mode to let the aircraft drain the batteries quicker.  I gree if they can let it fly like 2 to 3 feet off the ground until the battery is almost depleted that would be awesome.  

Yeah I was really surprised that they did not have preplanned way points also.  Your right my very first FC from Mikrokopter that I had 5 years ago had the ability to fly pre planned waypoints.  I have not much way point flying, but there have been a few shots that I have done it.
2016-11-13
Use props
Rinzler
lvl.3

United States

non intelligent lipos or at very least a real off switch to stop all the "DOA TB47/48 threads" lol
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules