Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What Tablets are recommended for the DJI Product
3134 16 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

I've been shopping around and really don't know what to get because of just a few small questions, Like will a 10.1 in tablet fit?, Is 1GB of ram enough?, Does the Tablet have to have GPS?...... Below is the Tablet I've been looking at on Amazon because of the price (Low on funds at the moment) and wondering if it's got what it takes to cut the Musturd so to speak. Thank you for your replies in advance. (PS) The table below also has Wifi

Fusion5 10.1 inch Android Tablet PC - 149 Model - Quad Core Processor - Android 5.1 Lollipop - HDMI, GPS, FM, Bluetooth 4.0 - 1GB RAM - 16GB Storage - IPS Screen - 2MP Dual Camera - HDMI Tablet
2016-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Have you already checked the DJI approved device list?

• iOS 8.0 or later
  • Android 4.1.2 or later
Recommended Devices
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
RedHotPoker
2016-11-2
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-2 21:59
Have you already checked the DJI approved device list?

Where would that be located ?
2016-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Normn8or Posted at 2016-11-2 21:02
Where would that be located ?

In my list above. Sorry, I had to go collect it... Ha
It's on the DJI download page. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-2
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-2 22:05
In my list above. Sorry, I had to go collect it... Ha
It's on the DJI download page. ;-)

Thank you RedHotPoker. Hope this wasn't to silly a topic to start a thread. Wanting to get a tablet, My Galaxy S5 is a bit to small. Drone on through the Fog my Friend ;-)
2016-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Normn8or Posted at 2016-11-2 21:16
Thank you RedHotPoker. Hope this wasn't to silly a topic to start a thread. Wanting to get a table ...

No, not silly at all, to ask pertinent questions, it's important to have an adequate device, for the power hungry Go app. Ah, yeah in hopes of having successful flights. & to record awesome video...

Wishing you good luck, and pleasant weather to enjoy it in. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-2
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

I tried an inexpensive tablet before. It was also a 10" for about the same price (but it was a different unit). I had to send it back, it could not process fast enough and the screen was not bright enough for daytime use.
By all means try it out but don't be surprised if it doesn't work out. I ended up getting a Samsung tablet and it works pretty well. A little worried that some update will change all that as some have experienced. Besides the approved list, some have had good success with the K2 (but that tablet was having problems apparently after an update).
Also I ended up with a  8 inch tablet which was plenty big enough and not as unwieldy as the 10 inch.
2016-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Been using the iPad Air2 Cellular here and it's been rock solid. Never a single issue or problematic flight. Simply awesome.

Buy a decent, quality smart device, for the very best Phantom experience. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-2
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-11-3 00:13
I tried an inexpensive tablet before. It was also a 10" for about the same price (but it was a diffe ...

Thank you for the Input. Yeah I'm just not sitting good enough right now to afford a $300 - $500 Dollar Tablet.  And i have already started thinking Maybe the 10.1 in is a little big atop of the controller. If i break down and get the Tablet i posted above i'll come back here for sure and give it a review..... May the Drone be with you.!!!
2016-11-2
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-3 01:44
Been using the iPad Air2 Cellular here and it's been rock solid. Never a single issue or problematic ...

Yeah looks like I got some saving up to do. I don't have any Apple products all my equipment is Android, and Windows, I'm going to stick it out with my s5, sounds like quality is the way to go here so a saving I will go. Thanks again for your input. Outstanding.
2016-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Normn8or Posted at 2016-11-3 00:56
Yeah looks like I got some saving up to do. I don't have any Apple products all my equipment is An ...

I payed full price for my iPad Air2 Cellular, but it was still quite new when I made my Apple purchase.
For you, luckily the prices have come down to a much more realistic cost. Saving you plenty.

But most of the devices on the DJI approved list should work just fine. Some perhaps a bit better than others.
I realized early on, if I was buying a rather pricey drone, might as go full tilt, and get a device that would be more than just adequate. I am pleased that it has worked out so well. Having a completely trouble free drone probably added to that enjoyment, immensely. So it's been a fantastic experience all around. I wish everyone here, had this most pleasant journey!!

RedHotPoker
2016-11-2
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2016-11-2 20:56
Yeah looks like I got some saving up to do. I don't have any Apple products all my equipment is An ...

Aloha Norm,

You are not getting enough Android input here.  I have a Galaxy TAB Pro 10.1 that just barely fits in the standard P4 and P3P device holder.  But, the Fusion5 bezel specs may be different and not allow it to fit.  I do not think they make the Galaxy TAB Pro 10.1 anymore because of its niche market.  Both of these devices are non-supported devices.  About the largest supported Android device has an 8" screen.

You may want to look into the nVidia Shield K1.  It is a very powerful gaming tablet and costs just $200 plus shipping but the screen is also only 8".  It is the most popular Android device on the Forum, but there have been some negative comments with the latest updates so you might want to look into the questions raised.  The nVidia Shield K1 also has an HDMI out port that allows you to use goggles or a secondary display.  The HDMI display is for the whole display, not just telemetry data.  The Fusion5 spec lists HDMI as does my Galaxy TAB Pro 10.1, but the Galaxy TAB Pro 10.1 HDMI is only an audio out port.  You may want to look more into the Fusion5 HDMI port.

I have both the Galaxy TAB Pro 10.1 and the nVidia Shield K1 and I am happy with both of them.  Do be aware that the new Mavic will not support any of the Android devices discussed here.  

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-3
Use props
paul-h
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400817 ft
United Kingdom

You can buy an extender if your tablet is wider than the holder. I got one for mine, it just slides on to the top bracket.
2016-11-3
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-11-3 06:10
Aloha Norm,

You are not getting enough Android input here.  I have a Galaxy TAB Pro 10.1 tha ...

Fantastic input. Wish i was an apple user guess it makes it easier that way Hahaha...  Looks like there is a bit more supported choice in the 8"in screen size. Anything is an improvement from a 5ïn screen. I'm Going to take my time so i get what i need instead of something that might work after a work around here and there and then some. Great info you had My Friend Thank you very much

Does the Tablets have to have GPS??? I Love the HDMI Function you mentioned. I Guess that negates having to open up the RC to change the board out to the multi port USB/HDMI configuration???
Drone Onward through the Fog.!! ;-)

2016-11-4
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

paul-h Posted at 2016-11-3 08:47
You can buy an extender if your tablet is wider than the holder. I got one for mine, it just slides  ...

I Think i'd rather go with what will fit it without changing something else. Nice to know that Option is out there though. But with a five inch screen  though that is ridiculously Small. Never see anything at a glance always with a squint. Thank you for your Idea!! May the Drone be With you.
2016-11-4
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Normn8or Posted at 2016-11-3 23:33
Fantastic input. Wish i was an apple user guess it makes it easier that way Hahaha...  Looks like t ...

Aloha Norm,

Actually, you do not have to open up the Remote Controller to change out the USB port for the HDMI port.  I have done two of them for my P4 and P3P.  The modules are external.  Take a look.  Duck soup, very easy.  You just have to remember to reinstall the RC firmware so it recognizes the HDMI port.  BTW, HDMI module still has the USB port when you have made the swap.

In some observations I have made, the HDMI module has better resolution than the HDMI port on the nVidia Shield K1.  But as noted earlier, the nVidia Shield K1 provides the full display not just the telemetry data.  I am still working on the resolution question.

If your tablet does not have GPS (Location Services), there are many DJI GO functions that will not work.  The Remote Controller does not have GPS, so it depends on the device to have GPS/GLONASS.  And with some Android devices, you have to enable a proximity services option where the device can communicate with media devices near it (like the RC).

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-4
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-11-4 05:46
Aloha Norm,

Actually, you do not have to open up the Remote Controller to change out the USB ...

I think i'm just going to choose between the Ipad 2 or 3 and the Galaxy line. But like i said i have never owned an Apple Product but now i know that it has to have GPS. Thank you Cetaman.
2016-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules