Lume Cubes have a new campaign!!
2739 33 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I'm not sure if this newest addition to the Lume Cube family will interest many of you?
http://www.lumecube.com/164-6-1-15.html

But there it is...

RedHotPoker

2016-11-2
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha RedHot,

Since the Lume Cube has twice the output, I think I would stick with the Lume Cube for a P3P.  How are your Lume Cubes holding up?

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetaman Posted at 2016-11-3 05:25
Aloha RedHot,

Since the Lume Cube has twice the output, I think I would stick with the Lume Cu ...

They just continue to amaze me. So compact and efficient, yet so very bright and user friendly. I love the Pro app with all the variables... Have you acquired a set too? They really stand up to their claims.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-3
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Very tempted to get a set, have you used them yourself Red?
2016-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-11-3 14:10

No, I'm using the regular Lume Cubes with my Phantom 3 Pro'. They are incredible... Love mine.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

The lighter newer ones on KS may improve the flight time.  I was out with mine this AM and only got about 13-14 minutes air time due to the extra weight.  They are very blue too and grass had a purplish cast to it.  My Sekonic color meter reads them to be about 9,750 Kelvin, much higher than the 6,000 K ads claim.  I'm looking for a filter to correct that and the Lee Color Calculator online says for LED lights maybe a O24 (Not zero 24, but OH 24) which the theatrical house doesn't have on hand.  I got some nectarine color that puts it down to about 5,020 K which is much better.  Have to tape them on and try it out next time out.  

The video set to 1600 ISO and I got a lot of noise too with the drone about 20-25 feet away.  I need to play more in post.  I think most say to not go over 400 ISO and might be true.  Even the Inspire people with the X5R say it's not good over 400 ISO either even though it goes up to 25,600 ISO.  I set the trial run at -25 degrees downward which turned out too much so I'll try -15 degrees next time.

They didn't thermal shutdown underneath the P4 this AM either, but it was 48 degrees out and flight time was only ~14 minutes which is under where they overheated at ~20 minutes prior.  Don't know the Bluetooth range yet either as mine disconnects at times for some reason.
2016-11-3
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-11-3 10:10

Aloha FuZZy,

The new Life Lite is about half the lux as the Lume Cube but looks like maybe one-third the cost.  The Lume Cube is visible at one mile in daytime (or so the reviews say).  The Life Lite videos usually show multiple lights; for example embedded in the bottom of surfboards.  I am definitely thinking about getting some Lume Cubes through RedHot - but, do not tell him yet, LOL

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-3
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Belgium

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-3 21:39
No, I'm using the regular Lume Cubes with my Phantom 3 Pro'. They are incredible... Love mine.

Hi RHP,

Have you a link to point to the exact ones you purchased. I want to make sure i get the same set ;)

Thanks
2016-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-11-4 03:37
Hi RHP,

Have you a link to point to the exact ones you purchased. I want to make sure i get the s ...

I bought the Lighting Kit For Phantom 3 Drone, comes with mounts.
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html

RedHotPoker
2016-11-4
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Belgium

Thanks buddy
2016-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-11-3 15:04
The lighter newer ones on KS may improve the flight time.  I was out with mine this AM and only got  ...

Yes, filters and gels are supposed to be coming out soon for them. Actually they have been promised twice already and each month, get pushed farther ahead. I'm not sure what the delay is. But I check their website everyday, and look for the new additions, adding essentials to my kit.  Hopefully available in the very near future. In time for Christmas and New Years celebrations.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-11-4 03:37
Hi RHP,

Have you a link to point to the exact ones you purchased. I want to make sure i get the s ...

When are you planning on purchasing yours? Interested in hearing what you think of them.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-5
Use props
skyticlus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322684 ft

I never tryed lumecubes before but i am getting interested
2016-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

skyticlus Posted at 2016-11-5 12:19
I never tryed lumecubes before but i am getting interested

Hey, they are truly awesome.
For their compact size and relative weight, really pack a bright beam.
Which Phantom are you flying, and do you ever venture out, after sun set?
They do a great job of improving daytime orientation as well. Super easy to see, even on the Sunniest days.
The free Pro app really makes the cubes much more user friendly. So much functionality built in.
With seven strobe modes alone, a convenient tool to utilize on the drone.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetaman Posted at 2016-11-3 16:01
Aloha FuZZy,

The new Life Lite is about half the lux as the Lume Cube but looks like maybe o ...

What took you so long? Ah  man I thought you were already on board with these....
You gotta get yourself a pair and enjoy a new horizon with your drone. They truly add another dimension to the piloting experience. By the way, you have all that beautiful island scenery, that  we all wish we could enjoy everyday. ;-)
I will trade you a winter vacation in the Rockies for an Island excursion in December. Hahaha

Bring your own goose down... ;-)

There used to be a silly joke:
How do you get down from an elephant?
You don't, you get it from a duck!! Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-5
Use props
skyticlus
lvl.4

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-6 02:52
Hey, they are truly awesome.
For their compact size and relative weight, really pack a bright beam ...

my solution for flying at night Lol

2016-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

skyticlus Posted at 2016-11-5 13:09
my solution for flying at night Lol

Yeah, that will work too. Do they have a handy strobe mode as well?
I would have strapped them on the outside, further away from the camera.
How do they look at night? I can tilt mine any angle I want them...

RedHotPoker

2016-11-5
Use props
skyticlus
lvl.4

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-6 03:13
Yeah, that will work too. Do they have a handy strobe mode as well?

RedHotPoker

The have 3 modes,,, they do the job so far, but i do not fly that much during the night as the camera of the drone isn't always at its best during the night. . . it is great for indoors ... as you can see in the picture i still haven't been able to fix the broken landing leg of the drone since my last crash...
2016-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

skyticlus Posted at 2016-11-5 13:16
The have 3 modes,,, they do the job so far, but i do not fly that much during the night as the cam ...

I thought it sat a bit crooked, but never noticed that separation. How do you plan on joining that back?
Looks like it needs to be looked at by DJI techs. Surgically Stitched together... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-5
Use props
skyticlus
lvl.4

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-6 03:27
I thought it sat a bit crooked, but never noticed that separation. How do you plan on joining that ...

i need a screwdriver to put it back in place, i ain't senting it back for something that takes 5 minutes to fix, i just haven't had the time to go buy a screwdriver to fix it since it isn't like the classic + or - ...

2016-11-5
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-5 09:01
What took you so long? Ah  man I thought you were already on board with these....
You gotta get yo ...

Aloha RedHot,

By the looks of your avatar, you recently got "DOWNED"!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetaman Posted at 2016-11-5 18:01
Aloha RedHot,

By the looks of your avatar, you recently got "DOWNED"!

No, but I regularly get Plucked in Alberta... Hahaha
It's how we stay warm... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

skyticlus Posted at 2016-11-5 13:38
i need a screwdriver to put it back in place, i ain't senting it back for something that takes 5 mi ...

What is that pattern, a Hex driver? Shouldn't be too difficult to pick up.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer

Hope they improve on the plastic they use in their brackets.  Mine broke in half this morning prior to taking it out for a dawn flight.  It was left on the P4 for the past week so that might over-stress their cheap 3D looking bracket and it broke.  Luckily it was over the carpet so no damage to the light.

One week old and it's toast already.  {:4_154:}

Now to see what they'll do about it.

Cracked Lume Cube Bracket on P4

Cracked Lume Cube Bracket on P4
2016-11-7
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Belgium

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-5 18:45
When are you planning on purchasing yours? Interested in hearing what you think of them.

Just found a vendor in the country next to me

Should be making the purchase before end of the week.
2016-11-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-11-7 06:55
Hope they improve on the plastic they use in their brackets.  Mine broke in half this morning prior  ...

Sorry to see that, as it has happened before. Not sure exactly why, or what can be done to improve the material they are using, to 3D print their mount components.
Contact them, and they will happily send you out bracket/mount replacements.
The quality of the Lume Cubes themselves is astounding, so it's a shame that a few of you have had these 3D mounts fail.
I may contact them myself, atleast my support folks there and request something be done... Soon.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2016-11-7 09:35
Just found a vendor in the country next to me

Should be making the purchase before end of the  ...

I forgot that you are way over there, in another land.  Yes, if you have a dealer nearer to you, then by all means.
You won't be didsapointed, with them Lume Cubes, they are truly amazing little lights, that really Pack a huge (light) punch.
Download the free Pro app, for all the useful parameters they have available.  

RedHotPoker
2016-11-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-7 11:58
Sorry to see that, as it has happened before. Not sure exactly why, or what can be done to improve ...

I just heard back that they have recently re-designed the mount.

I hope it isn't another 3D as the part that broke resembles baking powder and crumbles like it wasn't cooked hot enough or long enough in the printer.  Really a poor exterior finish too.  Least it broke just sitting in the P4 and didn't break in flight else it would have resulted in a lost Cube.

Have to wait and see what the replacement looks like.
2016-11-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-11-7 14:08
I just heard back that they have recently re-designed the mount.

I hope it isn't another 3D as th ...

Yes, apparently and as you mentioned, they have designed a better mount for the Phantom 4. Thicker and stronger. Also Suggsest you follow these installation instructions here.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-8 07:33
Yes, apparently and as you mentioned, they have designed a better mount for the Phantom 4. Thicker ...

Yes, been doing it that way in the video.  It's about the only way you can install them and take them off - although mine come off automatically when they break while on the legs over time.

This AM, when I took off the remaining good one (I left it installed for the past week since new, while the first one fell off.), it slid up really easily on the feet only to find out it too had busted in half!  So two bum feet right out of the box brand new.  I could see these things falling off in flight easily.

Fwiw, they are sending replacements.  Hopefully they are better than the first batch I got from Amazon.

2016-11-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-11-8 11:39
Yes, been doing it that way in the video.  It's about the only way you can install them and take t ...

Once again, sorry to read about your mounts failing. Happy that you are sliding the mounts on, into place.
Not sure where you are located, but it might have been better to purchase directly from the Lume Cube store themselves.

Anyway, yes, they have redesigned the Phantom 4 brackets/mounts and will be sending you a new updated set. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-8
Use props
ShokWaveRider
lvl.1

United States

I ordered mine already
2017-4-11
Use props
ShokWaveRider
lvl.1

United States

I ordered mine already
2017-4-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hey that's cool. I know that you will appreciate the fine build quality and functionality, from the free App.

Post your appreciation, once they arrive. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules