Which phone to use with the mavic?
586 3 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MK1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612205 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I’m looking to buy a new phone or tablet device for the Mavic (which I'm waiting for) and I'm not sure which route to take.

I don't want to spend a great deal of money, (£250 to £300 max) one of the big questions I need to ask is Apple or Android?

I've looked at second hand or refurbished IPhone 6plus looks nice and I've looked at lots of Android phones and tablets, but it’s a minefield.

I don't know enough about the DJI go app that works on these devices or how it works on these devices, I could do with a little input to help me choose.

So please feel free to comment.

2016-11-3
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

I wouldn't know either, luckily I have an iPhone 6 already, will be upgrading to iPhone 7 Plus when I get home in December. And I also have an iPad Mini 2. I use the iPad for the RC because the nice big screen. But I guess it depends on how much money you wanna spend. You could easily buy a cheaper Android tablet. Or even iPad Mini 2, those are like 2 or 3 generations old now, I got mine pretty cheap second hand. Maybe look into that?
2016-11-3
Use props
MK1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612205 ft
United Kingdom

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-3 11:42
I wouldn't know either, luckily I have an iPhone 6 already, will be upgrading to iPhone 7 Plus when  ...

Yes I have looked at the IPad mini, it is an option but then it's not as portable. So do you know if the DJI Go app work well on both platforms or does one work better than the other?
2016-11-3
Use props
Kuzz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136900 ft

MK1 Posted at 2016-11-3 19:56
Yes I have looked at the IPad mini, it is an option but then it's not as portable. So do you know  ...

I have no clue... I only use iOS. I assume it works just as fine on both devices, it will mostly come down to personal preference. I've always preferred Apples screens & interfaces, touch sensitivity etc.
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules