Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-11-3 20:29
I am assuming they sent out the email to ALL people that have pre-ordered a Mavic?

I ordered mine ...

I don't know if all the pre-order people have received an email, if not they probably will soon.
And yes, the email stated all orders from open order day to Nov 3rd will do their best to have shipping completed in 7-8 weeks.
Since your order is a just over a month before the Nov 3rd 7-8 weeks, hopefully you'll be receiving your order well before that time frame.
2016-11-3
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

We really need a update for retailers too.  Many ordered from other sources because the DJI store was down.  I tired for hours and gave up and ordered from B&H.  If you can send at least 50 units to B&H I would probably make the first shipment possibly.  Even though retailers may of ordered 1000's of units can you at least send them something to fill some orders of people that placed the order on launch day?
2016-11-3
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 21:59
I do not know apple Apple's orders, Apple customer service may be able to better answer that.

Thanks Ken, but how Apple would now better than DJI? The question is not to know when Apple will ship to us but when DJI has shipped or will ship to Apple? My guess, and I hope I am guessing right, is that Apple is receiving units already but not enough in large quantities to start shipping to their own customers and therefore they are holding until they got sufficient stock. How hard is it for DJI to confirm that they have been shipping units to Apple?
2016-11-3
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-11-3 09:55
What about orders from places like B&H?  It looks like I made a bad choice but the DJI store was dow ...

Unless they oversold whatever number they ordered originally I would think so. Sounds to me like they would be caught up on all demand in 7-8 weeks.
2016-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thanks for the information, I hope those that called for more info will respect it.
One question are they still shipping first come first served?
2016-11-3
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Not the update we were all hoping for with hard numbers but at least its something.
2016-11-3
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-11-3 21:55
What about orders from places like B&H?  It looks like I made a bad choice but the DJI store was dow ...

I would say it refers to ALL orders made prior to Nov 3, so even resellers will have theirs in 7-8 weeks.
2016-11-3
Use props
Cuz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8186 ft
United States

The most important part of the update is where they said: ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. the line Top Quality is key! Waiting is well worth it....
2016-11-3
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

I just have not heard of any retailers getting any stock at all.  But they are shipping to people direct.
2016-11-3
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-2 23:47
Look, read it. It was unexpected that they would sell this much.
It's easy for us to say, "hey, rev ...

Well said. It cracks me up when I read some people's response here. I have to remind myself I can't expect everyone to understand business and manufacturing cycles.

I'm just as bummed and frustrated as everyone else. And prior to today, I was fairly upset that we were being kept in the dark regarding the expected timeframe. I do understand delays happen, but my frustration was that I had no idea if I'd get it in 2 weeks or sometime in the next 6 months!

This update addressed everything we've been asking for. They have a specific targeted timeframe. They've acknowledged an issue, made an apology, and are trying to continue making a quality product as quickly as they can. Further, then even acknowledged that they'll look at the pre-payment policy going forward.

You just can't please some people and some people are just too childish to do anything but whine.

A big reason my wife and I bought the Mavic is that we going to Germany over Christmas to see her family. We wanted to take the drone to get some pics and video. It's such a beautiful country. So, as you can imagine I will be really upset if it doesn't arrive before we leave. But ranting on this board isn't going to help it get here any faster. I just hope that they can stick to their targets and infer that 7-8 weeks for orders up to November 3rd means early October orders in 3-4 weeks or less.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-11-3 22:14
We really need a update for retailers too.  Many ordered from other sources because the DJI store wa ...

I did ask but there is no information on that.
Let's just wait and see what happens in the next week or two.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-3 22:21
Thanks Ken, but how Apple would now better than DJI? The question is not to know when Apple will s ...

I've already asked and have not received an answer. On the retail side, we have to wait and see.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-3 22:22
Thanks for the information, I hope those that called for more info will respect it.
One question are ...

I do think they are shipping first come first served in some sort of fashion. So if you ordered a month ago and someone else ordered a week ago I would think you will get your order way before them.
2016-11-3
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 22:41
I've already asked and have not received an answer. On the retail side, we have to wait and see.

So DJI policy is to ship first to smaller authorised dealers and then to large retailers if quantity permitted... Well I wish I knew and I would have not ordered from Apple and buy from our local retailers instead but now, it is too late because I will down the queue and wait until next year. Thank you DJI!
2016-11-3
Use props
Ave1bD6eoZJu
New

Malaysia

Hi Ken, I've contacted the online chat and request for refund for the reason that I'm unable to receive the package anymore because of my travel plan. The online chat helped me to go through the cancellation and said that I will be receiving a cancellation email and it take 7 business day for the refund. but 4 days passed and I have yet to receive any information on my cancellation, and the order status remains the same... it's quite urgent and i sent an email to onlinesales@dji.com and have no response at all...
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ave1bD6eoZJu Posted at 2016-11-3 22:53
Hi Ken, I've contacted the online chat and request for refund for the reason that I'm unable to rece ...

What is your order# ?
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-3 22:50
So DJI policy is to ship first to smaller authorised dealers and then to large retailers if quanti ...

You did not understand what I said. I never said small retailers will receive orders before large retailers.
2016-11-3
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 23:08
You did not understand what I said. I never said small retailers will receive orders before large  ...

Fair enough. Wait and see then. And at last, thanks for finally having replied to one of my posts about the situation with Apple.
2016-11-3
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

SO what is exactly the situation with Apple UK then?, again Please don't insult me by asking me to ask them as it is your company that supplies them not the other way around.

I have just been given another kick in the guts from Amazon UK to update that the shiiping date which had slipped from the 03/11 to the 16/11 is now no longer valid & THEY DONT HAVE ANY DATE AT ALL FOR SHIPPING.

And Yes I am upset & rightly so!.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-3 23:12
Fair enough. Wait and see then. And at last, thanks for finally having replied to one of my posts  ...

Your welcome.
2016-11-3
Use props
fansf0297d82
lvl.2

Italy

Thomusvoo Posted at 2016-11-3 05:47
Look, read it. It was unexpected that they would sell this much.
It's easy for us to say, "hey, rev ...

Fully understand volume ramp up, but that did not stop them taking money when they do not know when they will produce
2016-11-3
Use props
fansa95980b2
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-3
Use props
fansa95980b2
Banned

2016-11-3
Use props
fans70de966e
Banned

United States

2016-11-3
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

Myself, I'm pleased with the update. Anyone can figure out that they will still try to keep an orderly early order earlier receive pattern and if they are committed to getting all backlog from beginning to 11/03 ... the wait should not be much longer. I'm glad this forum exists otherwise I would have cancelled long ago.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

yHS0eU90xE7Q Posted at 2016-11-3 23:56
Myself, I'm pleased with the update. Anyone can figure out that they will still try to keep an order ...

Thank you for your post, and we appreciate your patience.
2016-11-3
Use props
boldblue737
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418337 ft
  • >>>

marroyoCTD Posted at 2016-11-3 12:37
The problem is that the update lacks any update. It provides zero usable information for the custo ...

That's not fair. They did the following:

1) Stated a timeframe when orders today and earlier will be delivered. Yes, it is a wide timeframe, up to 8 weeks but at least if you order today you know you may not quite get it by Christmas.

2) Apologized and gave some explanation over the manufacturing delays.

3) Acknowledged that it isn't appropriate to hold customers money for a spot in line that could last months and that they are at least looking into changing their policies in the future.

This all stinks but the reality is you can buy a Karma, wait at least a month, and get a clearly inferior drone... you can buy a more expensive Phantom 4 that isn't any better than Mavic at 4 times the size, or we have no choice but the wait to get the real deal.
2016-11-3
Use props
krisskringle
New

Malaysia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 23:08
What is your order# ?

Order Number:  060110836489

thanks
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

krisskringle Posted at 2016-11-4 00:19
Order Number:  060110836489

thanks

I spoke with someone and your order still shows as pending, it should show cancelled soon. I sent a message, please check back with them in a day and see.
2016-11-3
Use props
krisskringle
New

Malaysia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 00:30
I spoke with someone and your order still shows as pending, it should show cancelled soon. I sent a ...

Thanks a lot for the effort, hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

krisskringle Posted at 2016-11-4 00:39
Thanks a lot for the effort, hopefully it'll be sorted out soon.

No problem, and yes it will all be sorted out soon.
And I'm sorry your cancellation is taking a tab longer then expected.
2016-11-3
Use props
fans70de966e
Banned

United States

2016-11-3
Use props
Vixus360
lvl.2

United States

For those who ordered way past the launch date, I think even 6-7 weeks may not be enough. I mean even now they have a hard time fufilling orders from the first 2 days!!! I ordered mine on 2016-09-28 22:58:21 (UTC) and have not heard a single word on when mine will ship. Maybe it'll be soon, maybe it'll be in 6-8 weeks. In either case, we are in for a long wait so don't hold your breath....
2016-11-3
Use props
suttonr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300302 ft
United Kingdom

Just had this from uk drone store anyone else heard this ?

Hi Robert,
We were contacted yesterday by our UK importer of DJI products (Flying Gadgets Ltd) to confirm that DJI had announced last minute that they are not prepared to reduce their trade price to help out with the decrease in value of the pound. Therefore we would make a loss if we sold the DJI Mavic. This action by DJI, has resulted in our importer and other UK wholesalers having to remove the Mavic from their product list and we are now faced with issuing refunds to our customers immediately. We sincerely apologise for this disappointing news as we invested heavily in marketing the product and were preparing to take on extra staff to distribute out to our customers in the shortest possible time. We work very hard on the quality of our customer service and will ensure refunds are with you ASAP.
2016-11-3
Use props
suttonr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300302 ft
United Kingdom

god knows but doesn't look like any margin in it so cancelling their order. But doesn't seem right to me you can still buy from dji at the same price in pounds ??
2016-11-3
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
Ireland

It's a good update. They are listening.
2016-11-3
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

DJI Ken- do you have a private email on here? Or a way to send-ask questions that aren't in random forums?
2016-11-3
Use props
fans70de966e
Banned

United States

2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-11-4 01:31
DJI Ken- do you have a private email on here? Or a way to send-ask questions that aren't in random f ...

djiken@dji.com
But that email is not for technical questions or shipping info.
If you have technical questions you can post here, if there's something specific you need then I will answer your email.
2016-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 14:42
I do think they are shipping first come first served in some sort of fashion. So if you ordered a  ...

Ok dji Ken thanks, ordered 29th , traveling to Budapest on 12th not looking good for that, anyway give me a chance to shake the cobwebs of my Osmo.
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules