o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 11:36
Rich,
As I've posted many times, I do not have any shipping info. I can tell you that since your o ...

Hi Ken,

Yah I saw what was going on and no problem at all. Thanks for taking a look. I am coming down to SO CAL again soon and didn't want to miss the shipment. I figured the extra battery would not be in the same shipment so that others could get their Mavic too.

Thanks man,  PS I do not see you on the Inspire channel much anymore
Rich
2016-11-7
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only thing that we know with any certainty is that any announcement or information from DJI about the shipment of the Mavic is likely to be utter rubbish.

Three weeks ago I was told that my Mavic would be shipped very soon because I was one of the early orderers (29/09/16). "Soon" quickly became "in a week or two". After a couple of weeks I was told that it would be "very soon". Then we received the notification that orders up to 3/11/16 would "hopefully' be shipped in 7 to 8 weeks. I asked if those of us still waiting who had ordered early would have to wait the full 7 to 8n weeks and was told that DJI are shipping all the time so it would be "very soon". I then asked if DJI could assure me that my order would be shipped in November. They said that they could not give me this assurance.

I suspect strongly that the 7 to 8 weeks announcement was designed to buy DJI another 7 to 8 weeks of fobbing customers off. In about 6 weeks they will make another announcement telling us that the delay will be another 6 weeks or so.

If DJI have failed to fulfil all of the orders made in the first two days in 3 weeks, there is absolutely ZERO chance that they will fulfil a full month's worth of orders in the next 3 weeks... unless, of course, Adam Najberg, Global Director of Non-Communication was lying to us about production being in full-swing....

Like so many customers on here, I just wish that DJI would tell us the truth and give us an accurate shipping estimate.
2016-11-7
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 19:44
To be honest, if I needed something that was time sensitive, I would not pre-order a brand new pro ...

Hi Ken,

Are you suggesting that when we watch DJI future launch events and they give us release dates (e.g Mavic will ship on Oct 15 and be in the shops on 2nd November) we should just ignore these dates because they are just meaningless PR hype?
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans9a1ac4d9 Posted at 2016-11-8 03:43
Hello Ken,
New to this forum so hopefully this is in the right place. Just wondered as I placed my ...

To be honest, I do not have any idea about retail shipping. If Apple said they may not get them until Jan 4th, then that may indeed be the case.
2016-11-7
Use props
fans766ba4c0
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-8 03:48
That's your honest response? that if you needed something on a time-sensitive basis -- meaning a d ...

Yes, that was my honest response, and you are in the position you are in for that exact reason. Sometimes a pre-order ends up being shipping latter than planned. Actually it happens all the time.
I have pre-ordered may things before and many arrive on the date promised and many didn't.
BUT, there was only a week delay from shipping from when they said it would start on the 15th. And they said starting on the 15th, and with the extremely high demand more the Mavic that means the shipping delay will be longer.
Again, I already said that I am sorry that you have not received your product by the date you thought it was going to be there.
I placed a $1,000 deposit on a pre-order of a Elio, I was supposed to have that delivered two years ago and there is still no production start date.
I have a Tesla Model 3 pre-ordered, will Tesla deliver when they say they would, I highly doubt it.

If you have a time sensitive event that you must have a drone for, and your unhappy about the Mavic delay you can always cancel and get a refund and get a Phantom 4 instead. The Phantom 4 in an incredible aircraft and has close to all the features that the Mavic has.
So wouldn't that work ?
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-8 04:13
Hi Ken,

Yah I saw what was going on and no problem at all. Thanks for taking a look. I am coming  ...

No problem Rick, I'm pretty busy in the Mavic forum, but I do spend some time posting in all the others just no where near as much as I used to.
2016-11-7
Use props
fansb2386c96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3727 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 15:41
Yes, that was my honest response, and you are in the position you are in for that exact reason. So ...

No. And, again, as I've stated all along, the position espoused by DJI and the entirety of it's support staff that it is -- apparently -- entirely reasonable to delay the release of a product that was paid for in full (entirely dissimilar from Elio) with absolutely no hard indication of when that product may be expected, even a month after the initially stipulated release date is absurd. I understand that there is no information available to you personally. I understand that other products including the Elio and Lily Cam have blown past their stipulated release dates. I do not understand how DJI and staff -- including now yourself expressly -- find the continuing lack of real, tangible information acceptable, nor do I understand why "simply cancel your order for the product you desire" a reasonable response to a request for concrete information.

your response that it's unreasonable to rely on an initial pre-sale delivery date is unfortunately accurate now a days. however, In the face of nearly a month since the initially stipulated date, the complete lack of a concrete deadline is absurd. We're not talking about someone that ordered the drone for a gift on October 16th. We're now talking about people that expected their drone before, say, December 25th, or even a late date in November when they'll be headed on a winter vacation. Comparisons to Elio -- a brand new start-up company with no production expertise -- is silly: DJI , as you've been apt to point out in other threads, has existed for a decade, has production contacts, and has experience in production of products extraordinarily similar to this. It is one thing to argue that it's reasonable that they missed their Oct 15 deadline (it is). It is an entirely different thing to argue that a failure to give a solid release date over a month after the originally stipulated release date is reasonable (it is not).  Do you see the difference?
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-8 04:15
The only thing that we know with any certainty is that any announcement or information from DJI abou ...

If you ordered in the first few days then you probably will get yours soon. If you look her and all throughout the internet at social media sites you see users are getting them delivered on a daily basis. Yes it's taking longer than expected but that was explained in the announcement.
And your last statement about fulfilling orders from the first few days, you have to remember the first day is where there was possibly tens of thousands who pre-ordered. If you remember, the ordering webpage was crashing all day long from so many orders. Then the 2nd day and so on it tapered off.
So the first day's orders alone could have been  a weeks worth of orders a week after pre-ordering opened.
Now, I'm just guessing on that as I have no idea on the number of orders, I just know that it was much more than when any other DJI aircraft was launched, and the number of orders beats those by a staggering amounts.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-8 04:51
No. And, again, as I've stated all along, the position espoused by DJI and the entirety of it's su ...

There is no lack of deadline, the announcement said that orders placed before Nov 3rd, we will do our best to clear all of them with the next 7-8 weeks.
What was your order date and order# ?
2016-11-7
Use props
fansb2386c96
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 15:59
There is no lack of deadline, the announcement said that orders placed before Nov 3rd, we will do  ...

That is not a deadline. that is a platitude -- an offer to "try" to ship within an exceptionally broad window with utterly no indication that is helpful for those of us that ordered early on in the process.

My order was placed at approximately 10:00 a.m. EST on September 28th.

My order number is: 001198641712
2016-11-7
Use props
symbol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-7 21:02
That is not a deadline. that is a platitude -- an offer to "try" to ship within an exceptionally b ...

I sincerely hope you and Drmerlin get shipment notices very soon.
2016-11-7
Use props
fansb2386c96
lvl.1
United States

symbol Posted at 2016-11-7 16:05
I sincerely hope you and Drmerlin get shipment notices very soon.

I appreciate that. I would settle for a more concrete shipping date, or a more narrow window than the nebulously-promised "7-8 weeks" for now.
2016-11-7
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 20:53
If you ordered in the first few days then you probably will get yours soon. If you look her and al ...

Thanks Ken... I sincerely hope that the company appreciate your optimism and valiant attempts to reassure those of us who have been waiting...

Sadly DJI have been telling me for 3 weeks that my order will be shipped "soon". Given that it would seem that no orders to anyone on the community spreadsheet were shipped today and that there are still many who ordered on 27th and 28th still awaiting shipment dates there is absolutely no reason to believe that my order will be shipped this month let alone "soon".

Like many others here, I simply wish that DJI would try being honest with us. We already know that Adam Jajberg's communication telling us that Mavic production was in "full-swing" a few weeks ago turned out to be less than accurate as the latest DJI communication confirmed....

I have booked tickets to the Drone Show in Birmingham, England on 3rd December and look forward to seeing a Mavic for real for the first time. I am absolutely confident that my order will not have shipped by then....
2016-11-7
Use props
symbol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-7 21:06
I appreciate that. I would settle for a more concrete shipping date, or a more narrow winder than  ...

I think you are close but shipping notices on the massive combo thread seem to have come to a halt since the latest DJI announcement... perhaps its a blessing in disguise and they are fixing an issue prior to any more going out?

2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-8 05:02
That is not a deadline. that is a platitude -- an offer to "try" to ship within an exceptionally b ...

Actually your combo order was placed at 1:43.
The combos started later then the kit, possibly because one of the accessories was not ready or another reason, I really do not know
I do think that your combo should be coming shortly.
And, I not here to argue with you. If you have technical issues or questions then I can assist you. For anything shipping related I cannot assist.
All I can say is I'm sorry all of you did not get the Mavic when you thought it would arrive.
2016-11-7
Use props
fansb2386c96
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 16:46
Actually your combo order was placed at 1:43.
The combos started later then the kit, possibly beca ...

1:43 UTC. You'll note that my post converted to Eastern Standard Time, my Local time, which is presently 8:43 A.M. due to the time-change in the United States, but in September would have been 9:43 -- or, as I said, About 10 a.m. But thank you for the pedantic clarification.

This is precisely the issue i'm concerned with. "i do think that your combo should be coming shortly." is not a deadline. It's a useless platitude. Just like "we will try to ship everything ordered before November 3rd in 7-8 weeks" a useless platitude with utterly no force, and no useful information behind it.

I am dismayed, as I have repeated time and time again in this thread and elsewhere that it is clearly the position of DJI that it is acceptable to offer nothing other than apollogies and platitudes while providing absolutely no concrete information nearly a month after the original shipping date. I am even more dismayed after this exchange wherein you referenced Elio -- a completely dissimilar company selling a completely different product under completely different circumstances -- and Tesla, an equally different company, but at least one who was selling spots on a waiting list so that consumers were fully aware before the time of their investment that their product would not likely arrive for a number of years. This exchange has made me less comfortable with DJI's business practices if these are the examples to which we are to look when judging the reasonability of DJI's actions and lack thereof.

I'm curious, what was the point in you asking for my order number if all you could do is inform me that you "cannot assist?" Did you ask that only to try to "catch me" in stating my order time in my local time rather than UTC?
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-8 05:08
Thanks Ken... I sincerely hope that the company appreciate your optimism and valiant attempts to r ...

I have to be optimistic
I really do hope you receive it sooner than later.
And that spreadsheet represents probably way less than 1% of orders.
2016-11-7
Use props
fullswing
lvl.2

United States

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-7 13:54
1:43 UTC. You'll note that my post converted to Eastern Standard Time, my Local time, which is pre ...

It's possible he looked up your order number and saw something like "probably soon, hopefully" listed as the shipping ETA.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-8 05:54
1:43 UTC. You'll note that my post converted to Eastern Standard Time, my Local time, which is pre ...

I'm not here to argue with you, there is no updated shipping information.
Is there anything else I can assist you with besides shipping?
2016-11-7
Use props
fansb2386c96
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 06:17
I'm not here to argue with you, there is no updated shipping information.
Is there anything else  ...

Apparently not. It's merely disheartening that a corporation with dji's reputation would find a response like the one you just gave acceptable.
2016-11-7
Use props
EAStates
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

If DJI said they'd try, key word try, to ship orders until Nov 3rd within the next 7 to 8 weeks... I somehow doubt there is anything customers could do to help, but if there is by any chance some way to aid getting those orders made, tested and shipped out before late December, I know I wouldn't mind doing something productive at this point. Complaining is therapeutic, but actually feeling like you're doing something beats it by miles.

If I see a Mavic before the winter solstice, I will be glad. So here's hoping for a pleasant surprise for many, many people (yes, I'm not-so-secretly hoping that the reason there's not that many Mavocs appearing to go out is that there'll be a massive shipment in the next couple weeks or so that causes deliveries to practically rain from the sky. A guy can dream, right?)
2016-11-7
Use props
fans9a1ac4d9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 20:30
To be honest, I do not have any idea about retail shipping. If Apple said they may not get them un ...

Ok mate no worries. Will have to use the inspire till then.
Cheers, Josh
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

EAStates Posted at 2016-11-8 06:28
If DJI said they'd try, key word try, to ship orders until Nov 3rd within the next 7 to 8 weeks... I ...

And thank you very much for the optimism.
2016-11-7
Use props
JeremyRunge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29682 ft
United States

Just ordered yesterday so it will be a while for me.  I dont mind waiting and I am sure that DJI will improve ship times over the next month or so.  

2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-8 06:19
Apparently not. It's merely disheartening that a corporation with dji's reputation would find a re ...

Your asking for shipping info and I keep saying there is no shipping info and there's nothing more I can assist you with in regards to shipping, so I ask is there anything else I can assist you with.
100% acceptable response !
2016-11-7
Use props
fansb2386c96
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 06:47
Your asking for shipping info and I keep saying there is no shipping info and there's nothing more ...

In a thread dedicated explicitly to a Mavic shipping uodate? Perhaps not. I'm concerned that you haven't actually been reading my posts: my position has been, is, and will continue to be that it is utterly unacceptable for a company of dji's reputation to utterly fail to provide adequate shipping information to its consumers a device which was paid in full, promised nearly a month ago, and updates only with empty platitudes that are utterly unhelpful to those wondering when earlier or later in the given time frame may expect their individual orders.

So far you have responded by saying you have no information: if this is true, it is unacceptable and DJI ought to be ashamed, and concerned enough to offer something other than platitudes. You then suggested that this delay is justifiable by referencing a pair of completely unrelated products.the fact is that the delay and continuing lack of clear communication is completely and objectively unreasonable. You then said you can offer no help with updating shipping information in a thread expressly about shipping updates, and after asking for my order nunber (before somewhat condescendingly and pedantically "correcting" the accurate order time I gave").

I am unsure how any of that is acceptable by anybody's metric. It may not be your fault, it may entirely be dji's failings, but that does not make it acceptable.

If you are unable to assist me, who may I contact directly for shipping information. I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that there is nobody in the entire corporation that can provide me --a relatively early purchaser-- with a reasonable expected shipping date which is more narrow than "maybe seven or eight weeks."
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-8 06:57
In a thread dedicated explicitly to a Mavic shipping uodate? Perhaps not. I'm concerned that you ha ...

As I said many times in this thread, you can contact onlinesales@dji.com
2016-11-7
Use props
fansb2386c96
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-8 07:16
As I said many times in this thread, you can contact

Every response I have ever seen from any user on this forum regarding that email address has testified, essentially, that the email does not respond, or responds with extraordinarily little information. By contrast, you've in this very thread taken one such customer's order number and claimed to have "spoken with someone" before finding that the order is still "pending." am I going to receive the same answer from the online support email address? If so, perhaps you can save me some time: what's my next step from there? Given the quality of DJI's customer support staff with whom I've communicated through the online chats (before, again, apparently being banned from the pre-sale online chat) I have extraordinarily little faith that a generic inbox which, i presume, goes to a pool of support workers, will yield any meaningful results. I would like direct contact information for another individual that ought to have the information to answer my questions, so as to avoid the run around that has been described by myriad other users on this and other forums.
2016-11-7
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-7 18:16
As I said many times in this thread, you can contact

Ken I believe many of us have contacted the email address you have provided - and received the same basic response - we have no information.  I know my most recent attempt to get any sort of meaningful information resulting in the response - "we have no shipping information to provide"
2016-11-7
Use props
fansb2386c96
lvl.1
United States

MKSOL Posted at 2016-11-8 07:24
Ken I believe many of us have contacted the email address you have provided - and received the sam ...

This is precisely the problem: DJI customer support seems to consist of one single loop: contacting DJI support online or on phone first results in a "we have no information" message. When that is challenged, we are directed to contact another branch of support. This new  branch then punts to another source -- such as this forum. Then, once here we are told once again that -- mysteriously -- there is nobody in the entire corporation that has the information at hand, but we can email onlinesupport. That email either does not respond, responds with the same copy-paste response, or redirects to another branch of support beginning the cycle all over again.

this is what I mean by unacceptable. If the purpose of DJI's customer support is pure obfuscation of relevant facts, then there is a very real problem here.

It simply can not be true that there is no individual at DJI that has this information. Plattitudes are not acceptable, and are frankly insulting to the intelligence of your customers. All we are asking for is a more reasonable, useful breakdown of when various shipping dates can expect their orders -- one to which DJI is willing to commit, rather than saying they will simply "try" to meet a window within two months.
2016-11-7
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

As upsetting as this is to all .. don't beat on DJI Ken. He's really our only resource and he's said many many times he can't help us with shipping issues so we got to leave it at that. He's waiting for his Mavic as well. That being said .. we can only air out our frustrations out loud to each other and hopefully soon we will one by one get those shipping notices... as for me ... I feel like I had a really really bad day betting the ponies at the racetrack .. nothing to show for it!
2016-11-7
Use props
fansb2386c96
lvl.1
United States

yHS0eU90xE7Q Posted at 2016-11-8 09:20
As upsetting as this is to all .. don't beat on DJI Ken. He's really our only resource and he's said ...

Don't be gaslighted into the belief that this sort of "support" is acceptable, or even reasonable. Ken has not, in this thread, acted as a "resource"; he has merely echoed the platitudes of the "official" updates -- platitudes which are objectively insufficient and unacceptable. He has tried to make excuses for DJI's delays and poor communications, echoing and defending the sentiment that "you can get your money back" is an acceptable response to concerned customers that were made a promise -- a promise which was not delivered upon. A promise which has received no concrete followup promise -- just platitudes that the company will "Try" to meet an outrageously broad and unacceptable window for delivery. Note, also, that rather than providing any actual support in a thread dedicated to a Mavic shipping update, Ken has (1) asked for order information, as though he has the capacity to actually find information before (2) punting to the online support email -- an email account with no individual to hold accountable, and which has  been *repeatedly* critiized for its inability to provide meaningful feedback, if any. This, again,appears to be the cycle of DJI customer support: Deny ability to help, Deny availability of information, Send customer to a different branch, and repeat.

at this point, it seems entirely reasonable to request (if not demand) a legitimate, personal contact with an individual likely to have the information we're looking for -- entirely reasonable to demand a real update, rather than an empty promise to "try" to fulfill a broad range of orders over an unreasonably long period of time with no specific, useful information for users. In short: the level of support experienced by users of this forum, the telephone hotlines, the online chat support, and the onlinesupport email is utterly unacceptable, and it is unreasonable to be satisfied with it because "we got to leave it at that".
2016-11-7
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
United States

I understand. I'm as upset as you. I want mine as well. I ordered 10/01 and as we all know they took the money right away. I look to this forum often and if they didn't have a forum for this, I would have cancelled several weeks ago. I'm upset as well and believe that certain things should be happening like regular updates and I have also said how about a real ETA .. yes I agree, they should also have a DJI rep from shipping talking to us, updating us as well. Ken has said, he's not that guy.. hopefully the upper management is reading these posts however .. I'm starting to get complacent.. starting to get too cold .. fall colors will be gone.. what are we going to do? Nobody answers.
2016-11-7
Use props
Cal_Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1144856 ft

Well to give you guys some scope I ordered mine September 29th 3:40p flymore pack with 1 additional battery (4 total) and I JUST got shipping confirmation. I was convinced it wouldn't come till next year. Im very excited but the capitalist in me is considering selling it via ebay as they are going for $2400 and we are still a ways out from xmas. Its easy to assume this craft may jump to 3k a few weeks oit which would alot me an insipire, or a phantom 4 AND mavic when it becomes more available  (and bugs worked out). Decisions decisions
2016-11-7
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
United States

Yeah .. if this happens next year I'll by 5 on day 1. Who knew they'd be this popular and the shipping issues... lol. This will be my first drone.
2016-11-7
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.3
United States

My Mavic with 2 extra batterys is ordered a few weeks ago. Must admit I am excited.  My wife and I will be traveling around Alaska in the summer.  The size of the mavic will be perfect. Mavic on one shoulder and a 44 mag on the other, boots and a back pack.  After my great experience with my P4, I know the Mavic will meet and exceed my expectations.  
DJI is not a perfect company but they have some of the best drones flying for the public.  These delays are costing the company money too. As they grown and continue to develope new products they well learn and develope additional skills in keeping us all happy. Keep the great products comming
I can hardly wait to see what comes next.  When you are as old as I am, patients become part of life. I learned a long time ago that the world does not rotate around me.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-8 07:23
Every response I have ever seen from any user on this forum regarding that email address has testi ...

Your not getting it, the shipping announcement that DJI issued last week is that latest and there is no more shipping information to give to you.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

MKSOL Posted at 2016-11-8 07:24
Ken I believe many of us have contacted the email address you have provided - and received the sam ...

As I posted above, I'm sorry but there is no shipping information other than the announcement DJI made last week. If anyone had some info it would be online sales and not anyone here on the forum.
So for everyone who keeps posting when will I get my Mavic, there is no additional shipping info to give.
If you are not ok with then and want a refund and wait until it's available in stores then that is something that online sales can do for you.
Again, I'm sorry but if no information is to be given then asking over and over again is not going to accomplish anything.
2016-11-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fansb2386c96 Posted at 2016-11-8 07:27
This is precisely the problem: DJI customer support seems to consist of one single loop: contacting ...

And one more time, since it's unacceptable to you, then please contact online sales and cancel your order and wait until it's available in stores.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules