283659 7070 2016-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

contact_ng Posted at 2016-11-4 05:25
I placed my order on 02nd Oct but as there was no sort of confirmation on dates and due to paypal is ...

And I really am sorry if you will not receive your Mavic before you leave on your trip.
I did think that the line of orders was from when it was placed, not when DJI was credited.
I will ask tomorrow and post what info I find out.
Again, I'm sorry if that is indeed the case, as it's not your fault there was payment delays.
2016-11-3
Use props
Powey
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 21:00
Since you are new to drones, while you are waiting I would purchase a inexpensive Syma and learn o ...

Great advice, thank you

Thanks for the update - cant wait to fly around
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Powey Posted at 2016-11-4 09:29
Great advice, thank you

Thanks for the update - cant wait to fly around

No problem at all, and thanks for being patient. You will really love it when you see and fly it.
Fly safe
2016-11-3
Use props
fans1a7abbaa
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 13:17
I'm quite sure they strive for that.
If there is any issue, the aircraft has a 1yr warranty. And t ...

Thanks Ken for being more specific. I was confused and thought DJI would ship only once within the 7-8 weeks with a mass order.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fans1a7abbaa Posted at 2016-11-4 10:16
Thanks Ken for being more specific. I was confused and thought DJI would ship only once within the ...

No problem, as you see from this forum and other social media outlets, users are receiving their orders all the time and including the combos.
so they are shipping all the time.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

XoR Posted at 2016-11-4 05:12
The only downside for me is that in my country there are no insurance companies that offer drone ins ...

I'm sure there are plenty, you just have to search.
2016-11-3
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 20:28
Not at all, orders up to Nov 3rd should be completed in 7-8 weeks. So that means if you ordered to ...

Thanks Ken... I remain deeply sceptical. I ordered on 29/09/16. I have been told for the last 3 weeks that my order should be shipped within a week or two. When I spoke to DJI chat yesterday and asked if my order would definitely be shipped in November I was told that they could not give me this assurance....

We already know that when DJI told us that Mavic production was in full-swing on 18 Oct they were being economical with the truth.

Of course the latest announcement might be accurate but, based on what has happened so far, there is no evidence to suggest that it is....
2016-11-4
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

DJI-Ken,
Thanks for all of the updates & I am still very excited about getting my hands on my own Mavic which appears to be an outstanding drone from most reviews/videos I have seen.
Sadly I still don't have any idea when that might be as my Apple UK pre order from 01/10(Yep later than most I know) has no ETA & my Amazon UK pre order has been delayed from 03/11 to 16/11 to now no known shipping date.
Hard to keep positive at this point.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-4 17:39
Thanks Ken... I remain deeply sceptical. I ordered on 29/09/16. I have been told for the last 3 we ...

I really am sorry that you do not have any shipping notification yet, since you ordered on the 29th I would think you would have already received notice or it's coming soon.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

brightlights200 Posted at 2016-11-4 19:08
DJI-Ken,
Thanks for all of the updates & I am still very excited about getting my hands on my own Ma ...

Your welcome, I wish I knew when your Apple store would be receiving them.
I know it's hard to stay positive, but let's see what happens in the next week.
Thanks for posting calmly
2016-11-4
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 21:57
Your welcome, I wish I knew when your Apple store would be receiving them.
I know it's hard to sta ...

Next week? I start hoping....
2016-11-4
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

DJI-Ken,
I know you don't have answers to all off our woes but Thanks for standing up & being counted!.
Fingers crossed for the next few weeks for us all.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-4 22:20
Next week? I start hoping....

Again, I have no idea but yes, start hoping
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

brightlights200 Posted at 2016-11-4 22:43
DJI-Ken,
I know you don't have answers to all off our woes but Thanks for standing up & being counte ...

I've had my crossed fingers for a while
And not fingers crossed for for the next few weeks for all of you. Those who ordered recently will probably have to wait the 7-8 weeks.
I was talking about those who've pre-ordered a months ago or more.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansf29a9bd8
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-4
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 13:53
I really am sorry that you do not have any shipping notification yet, since you ordered on the 29t ...

To the best of my knowledge, nobody in the UK who ordered on 29/0916 has had a shipping notice... Indeed there are still many who ordered on 27th and 28th who are still waiting... I certainly hope you are right Ken but I am not holding my breath...

I assure you that as soon as I receive a shipping notice I will post on here... If it is in the next week or two I will also order a large supply of hats to eat :-)
2016-11-4
Use props
contact_ng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23960 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 17:53
You would have to email  for more info.
I'm sorry I cannot offer more assistance than that.

Thanks Ken, I did that, but as usual they just copy paste and send same reply that "due to heavy demand...etc.." to everyone looking for shipping status, I believe this is now being done irrespective of genuine or non genuine request. I know you cant be of much help, neither anyone. Chat support just says, if you are leaving then cancel order, I believe due to huge response they are not even interested now in getting more customers, just trying to cope up with whatever load they have, very understandable!   
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-11-5 01:57
To the best of my knowledge, nobody in the UK who ordered on 29/0916 has had a shipping notice...  ...

I believe several UK orders have already been received including the combo. I don't know the exact date they ordered but I've seen several posts on this forum and other social media as well.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

contact_ng Posted at 2016-11-5 03:16
Thanks Ken, I did that, but as usual they just copy paste and send same reply that "due to heavy d ...

I truly am sorry if you don't get it in time.
As you can see from the thousands wanting shipping details, the orders were staggering and yes, they do need to catch up.
2016-11-4
Use props
contact_ng
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23960 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 21:15
And I really am sorry if you will not receive your Mavic before you leave on your trip.
I did thin ...

thanks Ken, let me know if you get any response. Chat support is adamant in stating that they consider order complete only when they receive complete payment, but I believe they should consider based on date orders placed and have payment complete before they even decide to thought about shipments i.e. 21st Oct. Anyway, here 29th Sep people are striving hard to get update, for 2nd Oct orders I don't have any hope for 10 Nov shipment, have to cancel only if not showed up! thanks for your efforts anyways.
2016-11-4
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

Hi,
We are all eager to get our hands on this little beauty but let's not Bash DJI-Ken as at least he is here trying to be positive for us all & giving us an insight when he can.
Please Let's not kill off our best source of information, even if he can't give us the answers we would all like to hear & he just can't wave a magic wand & make it right for us all.
However he is still here answering us & taking the flack for others so lets try to be a little gentler on him as otherwise he may just close up shop which would not be in any of our interests.
Have a relax over the weekend DJI-Ken & recharge your batteries & hopefully things will look better next week.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansc65de5c1
Ban Posts
Italy

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

contact_ng Posted at 2016-11-5 03:29
thanks Ken, let me know if you get any response. Chat support is adamant in stating that they cons ...

I've already inquired about orders specific this morning and I'm getting the same info as everyone else and they don't have any exact ship dates.
2016-11-4
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Dji ken have you got your mavic and when did you order it. If you have it are you going to post your videos on here.
2016-11-4
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 19:25
I believe several UK orders have already been received including the combo. I don't know the exact ...

Yes a few UK orders have been received.... but none who ordered on 29/09/16 or later... that was my point but thanks for your eternal optimism Ken....
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

warrior200 Posted at 2016-11-5 04:00
Dji ken have you got your mavic and when did you order it. If you have it are you going to post your ...

I ordered in the first week, no I have not received mine.
And yes, I will post videos when I get mine.
2016-11-4
Use props
California Phan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1144856 ft
United States

Placed an order via Amazon September 29th in early afternoon; unfortunately the fly more pack + an additional battery  (4 total) - so I can only assume I will get mine some time next year. I wish DJI would offer those who have been waiting exceedingly perhaps a discount code for accessories, or maybe a discount off extended warranty. I enjoy a little action with a solid apology.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

California Phan Posted at 2016-11-5 10:11
Placed an order via Amazon September 29th in early afternoon; unfortunately the fly more pack + an a ...

I would think you will get your way before next year, let's wait and see.
Now what you may get at a later date is the extra battery you ordered.
2016-11-4
Use props
jay.variis
lvl.1
Cayman Islands

Just in, Casey Neistat received his replacement. https://twitter.com/CaseyNeistat/status/794689205045698561

Wtf DJI!

2016-11-4
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

I think DJI-Ken deserves a free Mavic Pro after all this is said and done lol
2016-11-4
Use props
Chrism3evo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147812 ft
United Kingdom

Solon101 Posted at 2016-11-5 03:00
I think DJI-Ken deserves a free Mavic Pro after all this is said and done lol

But only once we all have ours haha
2016-11-4
Use props
Archer1182
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for keeping us updated Ken. I think I'll just forget I ordered the mavik and be surprised whenever it shows up.
2016-11-4
Use props
brett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118058 ft
Australia

DJI Ken .. you keep saying you want to keep your thread positive.

That's fine, but you need to concede, DJI took preorders for a product and took peoples money with an expected date given. This forms a contact, which DJI has broken. customers are expressing their displease with this, is a reasonable manner from what I see .. "I want to keep my thread positive" doesn't foster the humility I would expect in this scenario. You gave an announcement, with a vague 7-8 week time bracket, which means some people may get their Mavics 9-10 weeks after the initial contact suggested.

This advertised date has come and gone, and the manufacturing delays may push this out to much further. I feel you need to be a bit more humble and take it on this chin. It's fair for a few people to get their back up in the situation.
2016-11-4
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

I just wish for everyone who is tired of waiting to cancel your orders even cancel on your reseller that way they could take care of those who are really going to wait for the drone to be in our hands but being here bashing on DJI is not work try to cancel your order please and purchase it later on when things are more calm and they could ship with int 24 hours.
2016-11-5
Use props
fans0f2c2e42
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft

With the amount of whining going on you'd think it was a bunch of 12 year olds who ordered the Mavic. Geezus!
2016-11-5
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

Hey Ken, a little off topic but I know you read this thread. I forgot my password and noticed that I need it for the DJI Go app as well. I don't see a traditional Forgot Password only an input old password to replace with a new password ... can you help me with this please?  Thanks ...
2016-11-5
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 13:15
I think it reads clearly, it says people who ordered before Nov 3rd they'll do their best to clear ...

I understand the update and what you are saying , However I think it might have been better to state that all orders placed before Nov 3rd will be shipped within eight weeks and we are now filling orders placed on September 28th. When you finish shipping all the non combo mavic orders placed on September 28th you could do another update saying we are now working on all orders placed on September 29th etc. To me this would make a lot of customers who feel they are in the dark happy that they at least have a more accurate update.
2016-11-5
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-3 13:40
Thanks to everyone who appreciates the announcement.
Please keep to the forum rules and let's all be ...

Ken I understand but you should also understand people do have a valid complaint on the vague update again a better update may have been "all mavic drones ordered before November 3 will hopefully be shipped out within 7 to 8 weeks we are now shipping orders placed on September 28 we will post another update when all September 28th Mavic have been shipped and start shipping orders placed on September 29th.
I think that DJI should consider this type of update and you would have a lot less complaints justified or not.
2016-11-5
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
United States

Kuzz Posted at 2016-11-3 13:31
Although this no longer applies to me having already received my Mavic. This is by far the best upda ...

You are right they could have been more specific , and in my opinion the should have been more specific and would have gotten less heat about the issue. Really for a company that can put together such a great product they fall short on this update issue and should correct it ASAP so their customer support comes closer to matching the quality of their product they are shipping.
2016-11-5
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Why is this shipping delay even happening in the first place? DJI is a multi-billion dollar drone manufacturer. Surely they would have known that announcing this new drone so close to Xmas would have brought in a ton of preorders? Mavic is essentially a super portable Phantom 4, it's exactly what people were waiting for all along. DJI should have put measures into place beforehand to make sure that they'll be able to easily meet the huge demand and ship Mavic drones quickly and efficiently. DJI have really dropped the ball with this one and I'm very disappointed with the service they've shown to their so-called valued customers throughout the last month or so.
This delay will go into the new year so don't be expecting to get your drone before December if you've ordered after November, won't happen. No promises are being made. They are being flooded with orders. May God shine a bright light upon those hard-working DJI employees during these dark and harsh times.
2016-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules