Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakacspear
lvl.1
Australia

fansa33b5984 Posted at 2016-12-7 08:02
Just got my shipping confirmation, it'll be arriving on 12/9 to Illinois. I purchased 10-16. Incredibly happy.

You ordered AFTER the pre-order date and its already shipped? I don't know how that works when there are people that pre-ordered on the first two or three days of release still waiting.
2016-12-6
Use props
fansec8b9e40
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13629 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken,
To appease everyone waiting on this forum, can you please explain the logic behind the order of shipping?  It is clearly not based on when you placed the pre-order since there are people who ordered well after me who are already receiving their Mavics.  I think it will go a long way to giving people comfort to understand what the logic is here.
Thanks
2016-12-6
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

DJI does not have any logic behind what they do. It's surprising that this company. There was an order placed in December that's already shipped but still have people that ordered it in October waiting.

Prove me wrong DJI-Ken
Explain some kind of logic to this  
2016-12-6
Use props
fansf395b1e7
lvl.1

United States

I looked up orders shipped on the list similar to mine (0019) and found one order shipped on Dec 1, after only 13 days waiting. INSANE
2016-12-6
Use props
TB20Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6716 ft
United States

Bart - Mavic (p Posted at 2016-12-6 14:36
it must be quite a new order then - orders are in digit order system. So i would assume that you have placed your one not too long ago? I might be wrong

Yes, I ordered Oct 31.
2016-12-6
Use props
fans63bd0174
lvl.1

United States

Hey All!

Great thread here! Just wanted to update you on my order.

Ordered 10/16, Shipped 12/6, estimated Delivery 12/9. Live in Chicago, IL

Good Luck Everyone!!
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf395b1e7 Posted at 2016-12-6 15:56
I looked up orders shipped on the list similar to mine (0019) and found one order shipped on Dec 1, after only 13 days waiting. INSANE

If you can get me the order# from whomever you say placed an order on Dec 1st, I can have someone look it up to see if whoever posted that is being truthful or not.
2016-12-6
Use props
Petesax
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-7 08:52
If you can get me the order# from whomever you say placed an order on Dec 1st, I can have someone look it up to see if whoever posted that is being truthful or not.

Well done at ignoring the actual question 'what is the shipping logic' and focusing on the less important concern! I have now had my order placed and money taken since the 3rd of October and have seen shipments to the US to customers that have ordered in the middle of October.

I'm based in Singapore and would like to understand why the US is considered more important than the rest of the world? DJI were VERY clear on the pre-order page that shipments would be made in strict order of the dates payments were made, nowhere did it mention that this was based on geographic regions.

Up until now I personally have not been annoyed with DJI and the delay at getting the units delivered, I understand the market pressures and understand that it takes time to ramp up production for a new product especially one that has proved to be so popular BUT....my opinion has now changed when I can clearly see DJI favouring one market over another despite their claims that shipments would be done in strict order. I have now had my money sat in a DJI bank account for over 64 days with no explanation of the shipping policy and no visibility of when I can even expect to see a shipment.

So @DJI-Ken why don't you try to explain, or continue to ignore these questions.
2016-12-6
Use props
jakacspear
lvl.1
Australia

For any Aussies that ordered direct from DJI

I just got off the phone with a dji reseller in Sydney and they said they have about 20-30 units coming in per week, and they are slowly fulfilling their pre-orders. So turns out DJI are sending all their stock to resellers (who put their order in with DJI and started taking pre-orders AFTER the pre-order date) So even though I ordered mine weeks before this reseller, DJI are still sending 20-30 units to them first.
2016-12-6
Use props
TJAUS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16683 ft
Australia

Petesax Posted at 2016-12-7 12:09
Well done at ignoring the actual question 'what is the shipping logic' and focusing on the less important concern! I have now had my order placed and money taken since the 3rd of October and have seen shipments to the US to customers that have ordered in the middle of October.

I'm based in Singapore and would like to understand why the US is considered more important than the rest of the world? DJI were VERY clear on the pre-order page that shipments would be made in strict order of the dates payments were made, nowhere did it mention that this was based on geographic regions.

Perhaps trying to get as many as possible into the "States" before Trump closes the borders and shuts down trade between China & US.
2016-12-6
Use props
Ib6Ltl49QwrH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 820 ft
United States

I ordered 9-30 from Adorama my main logic for picking them was they don't charge till it ships. They were the only one I saw that says it clearly.  Mine just shipped Sunday night and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Slight personal debate if I should sell this one and order it again. BTW I ordered the combo knowing me I will open it and keep it to myself. Selling it is tempting I really don't need it till February in Hawaii.
2016-12-6
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

fans14ea42ea Posted at 2016-12-7 01:12
All I know is that I just received this exact message from customer service yesterday and today my order says it shipped!!!  Not saying that's going to be the same for everyone but I'm pretty happy.
Ordered Oct. 17th from Las Vegas, NV on DJI store direct.

I live in LA I ordered my Mavic form DJI on 10/18/16...
You should get a FEDEX tracking number soon....

2016-12-6
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
United States

fans95986b96 Posted at 2016-12-7 02:26
Looks like October orders are on the way.

[view_image]

Yeah....looks like DJI is beginning to push the orders out now. Production increased?.....
2016-12-6
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
United States

fans95986b96 Posted at 2016-12-7 02:26
Looks like October orders are on the way.

[view_image]

Not smart posting your order number.....
Tomorrow you probably receive a tracking number. I received the same as you posted yesterday. When I checked this morning i had a FEDEX tracking number. Delivery Fri. 12/09/16 10:30AM. I'm in Los Angeles.
2016-12-6
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
United States

staffsarge Posted at 2016-12-7 04:01
Certainly, if mine doesn't turn up on 16th as promised and the Karma was available?  I would 100% jump ship.

I don't think you can purchase a Karma. They've been dropping out of the sky.

GoPro has put out recall for all Karma quads.
2016-12-6
Use props
fansbc9d145e
lvl.1

United States

Fortmac2 Posted at 2016-12-6 20:54
Not smart posting your order number.....
Tomorrow you probably receive a tracking number. I received the same as you posted yesterday. When I checked this morning i had a FEDEX tracking number. Delivery Fri. 12/09/16 10:30AM. I'm in Los Angeles.

did you order a combo or just the mavic?
Just wondering because it seems like DJI is only pushes out combos right now
2016-12-6
Use props
polanskiman
lvl.1

Thailand

START Posted at 2016-12-6 21:27
:O Dude did you buy 10 Mavics? Hoooo smokes....

Those are Honk Kong dollars....
2016-12-6
Use props
polanskiman
lvl.1

Thailand

Bart - Mavic (p Posted at 2016-12-6 22:39
it does . They have put Europe as 2nd grade customers. Well done DJI

Then Asia is 3rd grade as I ordered mine in Thailand on October 10.
2016-12-6
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
United States

Knowing that my Mavic Pro Fly Mor Combo is due to arrive in a few days I'm gonna check out the DJI videos on the Mavic and hopefully I'll be making flights without any problems. If it has a beginners mode I'll practice there.
2016-12-6
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
Australia

jakacspear Posted at 2016-12-7 09:25
For any Aussies that ordered direct from DJI

I just got off the phone with a dji reseller in Sydney and they said they have about 20-30 units coming in per week, and they are slowly fulfilling their pre-orders. So turns out DJI are sending all their stock to resellers (who put their order in with DJI and started taking pre-orders AFTER the pre-order date) So even though I ordered mine weeks before this reseller, DJI are still sending 20-30 units to them first.

Any chance you could PM me the name of the reseller? I have a preorder in with Rise Above here and I want to be able to ask them why they are only getting 4 or 5 units when they are supposed to be a tier 1 DJI reseller. It seems to me that it is completely luck of the draw when it comes to who is getting what!
2016-12-6
Use props
polanskiman
lvl.1

Thailand

UKCobra Posted at 2016-12-7 02:08
In the UK, the retailer I have my Fly More COmbo ordered with has offered an extra set of props as a gesture.

That's just sad that it is the retailer that needs to do this instead of DJI. Good for you though.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Petesax Posted at 2016-12-6 18:09

I do not have any shipping info, email onlinesales@dji.com as if there is any more current info they will have it.
And, my post was asking for an order#.
2016-12-6
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

Her you go DJI Ken this is the spreadsheet that we are talking about.  

http://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders/recent

2016-12-6
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

I would like to say again to you Ken. i'm not mad at you. I know you have nothing to do with this crappy situation or have control of the shipping
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Solon101 Posted at 2016-12-6 19:34
I would like to say again to you Ken. i'm not mad at you. I know you have nothing to do with this crappy situation or have control of the shipping

I've never looked at the doc, I was stating that anyone can post there, if there's one post that says they ordered in December and said that their order is shipped I wanted the order# to verify as I don't know why they would ship not long after an order so I wanted to see if that was really the case.
What is someone manipulates that doc, is everyone going to believe it?
2016-12-6
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

Well I have not seen anything to prove that's it's fake if you see something point it out. We just have to go off of tools we have.
2016-12-6
Use props
JLP-Aus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13629 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken,  At the time of writing this, were are 1045 orders for Mavics listed on that site of which about 150 have been delivered.  That doesn't seem like a lot of people "manipulating" the web site.  What it seems like it DJI have delivered 150 items in 2 months.  So much for mass production.

I'm (and evidentally others in this forum) are still waiting for an explanation of the random delivery order that DJI is doing.

Thanks
2016-12-6
Use props
NEWBIE200
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Sorry but I think I am selfish
I think everybody have to cancelled there order so I can get my Mavic which I just order today
2016-12-6
Use props
NEWBIE200
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

All of you can fly any drone you want, while in our region is very difficult to do so. So be happy and enjoy
2016-12-6
Use props
isthisthingon?
lvl.1
United States

I just want to add something here. I ordered a second Mavic Pro from Apple on 11/12 and just received con it is scheduled for 12/08 pick-up from the store. Who doesn't believe me and wants proof?
2016-12-6
Use props
polanskiman
lvl.1

Thailand

charlesbcraig Posted at 2016-12-6 03:14
Ladies and gentlemen, it has arrived...
Ordered from Best Buy on Oct. 24th! I guess I can cancel my Amazon order now!

There you go another incoherence coming from DJI if what this user says it's true. How come someone who ordered on October 24 has already been delivered when others who ordered way before still havent. I ordered the Mavic Pro on October 10 in Thailand through an official authorised dealer and all I got was 3 postponements till I got tired I canceled. I contacted the dealer yesterday by curiosity and the answer was still the same. No arrivals till end of Dec/early January. I must say this is pathetic.
2016-12-6
Use props
scilia
lvl.2

Malta

Quick question... What do you prefer? Mavic not sent from DJI or stuck in shipping?
tracking.jpg
2016-12-6
Use props
badwzrd1
lvl.1

United States

Wanted to give some good news. Also might help others. I have had an order on amazon since 10/09/2016 through helidirect and contacted them today and they still yet to receive any mavics from DJI. I placed another order through apple with my employee discount on 11/21/2016 and it was shipped tonight. To be delivered friday the 9th. If anyone is still waiting. You are better off trying apple also since they will not charge until it is shipped.

Travis
2016-12-6
Use props
badwzrd1
lvl.1

United States

NEWBIE200 Posted at 2016-12-6 20:43
All of you can fly any drone you want, while in our region is very difficult to do so. So be happy and enjoy

Sorry to hear. That sucks
2016-12-6
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Solon101 Posted at 2016-12-6 16:40
DJI does not have any logic behind what they do. It's surprising that this company. There was an order placed in December that's already shipped but still have people that ordered it in October waiting.

Are you referring to line #904 0n that spreadsheet? If so, I don't think the person ordered it on 12/02 and received shipping confirmation on 12/03. More than likely someone stirring the pot or entered all of their information at one time as the time from the first entry "order date" to last entry was 1 minute and 19 seconds. His dji forum name is "ostaps" if you want to try and find out from him directly.
2016-12-6
Use props
SacDrone
lvl.1
United States

I ordered a combo from DJI on Nov.1 and obviously has not shipped yet. However I placed an order on Nov.20 from Apple and now will be arriving Dec 8. So I just cancelled my order from DJI.
2016-12-6
Use props
Solon101
lvl.2

United States

That maybe Heavysledz. I would be interested to find out. This is the internet the home trolls lol. but it's the tools we have.
2016-12-6
Use props
deedjeeeye
lvl.2

Netherlands

polanskiman Posted at 2016-12-7 03:13
Then Asia is 3rd grade as I ordered mine in Thailand on October 10.

No Europe is the 3rd grade, I ordered and paid on the 28th of September almost 2 weeks before you.
2016-12-6
Use props
slinks
lvl.2

South Korea

How about orders to KOREA and the rest of ASIA? It has been dead quiet on this front. Not happy
2016-12-6
Use props
polanskiman
lvl.1

Thailand

deedjeeeye Posted at 2016-12-7 13:46
No Europe is the 3rd grade, I ordered and paid on the 28th of September almost 2 weeks before you.

I haven't received anything yet and I wont since I canceled but i am pretty sure you will receive it before Asia. Only 10 units have made it in Thailand
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules