Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ely324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

F0pGbCm8btBR Posted at 2016-12-10 01:54
I leave for Europe in 1 week and a couple of days and still no mavic pro (over 10 weeks ordered per the system) - repeated no reply to contact for updates.  I will have to cancel and then file a formal complaint to the consumer council.  There are principles and rules, no company and just take your money and stay silent.  If banks did this they will have to pay you lost interest.  That's why reputable companies such as Apple, Nike and any other large good standing company will only take your money once your order is ready to ship.  In the financial accounts of DJI, they are not even allowed to register this money as revenue unless they ship a product - it is classed as a liability on their books - effectively a loan.  On principle I am not in agreement to loan DJI money at 0% interest to fund their working capital whilst they continue to treat consumers as crap.

Bottom line, all of you guys who are defending DJI (for I don't know what - fanboy-ism?) are being taken for a ride by unrepeatable large companies - they have effectively borrowed money from consumers at 0% interest, they make interest on this working capital, probably in money markets getting a few % points, whilst we are out of pocket with no communication.  I know many want the Mavic and are willing to put up with this crap, but wanting a product and giving bad company practices a pass is a different thing.

quit your bitching and just cancel your order then. Dji is not holding your money hostage. And they did communicate to their customers, orders placed by Nov. 3rd should be fulfilled in 7-8 weeks. It has not reached that timeframe yet so it seems like your just mad that you don't have your mavic for a trip.
2016-12-10
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Mine's coming in Monday. I can't wait
2016-12-10
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

F0pGbCm8btBR Posted at 2016-12-10 14:54
I leave for Europe in 1 week and a couple of days and still no mavic pro (over 10 weeks ordered per the system) - repeated no reply to contact for updates.  I will have to cancel and then file a formal complaint to the consumer council.  There are principles and rules, no company and just take your money and stay silent.  If banks did this they will have to pay you lost interest.  That's why reputable companies such as Apple, Nike and any other large good standing company will only take your money once your order is ready to ship.  In the financial accounts of DJI, they are not even allowed to register this money as revenue unless they ship a product - it is classed as a liability on their books - effectively a loan.  On principle I am not in agreement to loan DJI money at 0% interest to fund their working capital whilst they continue to treat consumers as crap.

Bottom line, all of you guys who are defending DJI (for I don't know what - fanboy-ism?) are being taken for a ride by unrepeatable large companies - they have effectively borrowed money from consumers at 0% interest, they make interest on this working capital, probably in money markets getting a few % points, whilst we are out of pocket with no communication.  I know many want the Mavic and are willing to put up with this crap, but wanting a product and giving bad company practices a pass is a different thing.

Get Paypal credit. They give 6 months no interest and no min payment every month. It's really good to use on pre-orders like this. I haven't paid a dime yet and it's coming Monday. Discover is good too for cash back. They have promotions like on gas 5% back for 6 months right now.
2016-12-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2016-12-9 23:56
Hey Rich,  been viewing a lot of tutorial and help videos for the Mavic while I wait for it. Check this video out as it might help with the problem you're having. It's about fine-tuning the gimbal & yaw.

fine tuning gimbal & yaw

GJ
Thank you for your post and suggestion.
Unfortunately this does not help me because I have already fine tuned these settings (not my first set up). When he is showing the gimbal speed settings for 20 ish  and I am running mine at 14% (still to fast). I have adjusted it now to about 8% which does not give the user much fine tuning ability.  I noticed this same speed change throughout the DJI aircraft while using the latest DJI Go App.  I have not changed my EXPO settings yet and I understand this will smooth out the turning speed during the shots. What I was trying to bring to Ken's attention is the adjustment for the gimbal only as these other things can be dealt with.  Normally I can fly the aircraft smooth and precise (been doing this a long time trust me). But this was a notable change in the App controls that affected everything.

I am glad you are watching and reading all of these tips for your new Mavic and hope you get one soon. Just remember that everyone is different and what works for one pilot might not work for the next.

All the best
Rich
2016-12-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 22:37
I see, yes it should be more fluid and barely turning the wheel should make it crawl.
I can check this on Monday.

Thanks Ken

I would delete the App and try again, but this is acting up on my iPad mini4 also during the Inspire 1 beta testing. MTC and others have reported this too. I guess I was surprised that the Mavic was affected so much it requires the setting to be changed to about 8% for a crawl.  As you know the video was mainly to show the speed while using the gimbal dial and disregard the rest.
This is the same for Go 4.0 and Go 3.11
If it would help to get the flight logs or remote logs let me know, (I can put them on a drop box) PS you have my email to log at the flight records if you want to..

Have a nice weekend,
Rich
2016-12-10
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

fansbc9d145e Posted at 2016-12-10 07:05
Ordered on October 22, just got shipping notification!!! Just mavic not combo. Good luck!

Same day I ordered, me next maybe. Here's hoping!!!
2016-12-10
Use props
fans67743c8c
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This was over a month ago and well still the same stuff cuming owt of dji ... not a Dickie Bird not that surprised really over 3 months since I made my order and for those that say be patient don't you think we have been...
2016-12-10
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 23:41
That's great, it takes 24-28hrs for tracking info to be emailed to you after the status moves to shipped.

Got my tracking number today. :-) Exactly 8 weeks after my order. :-) Thank you DJI-Ken. :-)
2016-12-10
Use props
insaner
lvl.1

Germany

it's Sunday, 11th of December. I ordered the mavic pro combo pack on 2016-10-15 in/from Germany. It is still not shipped after over 8 weeks. :-(

2016-12-10
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-9 11:34
Tao Wang, is that the head honcho?

Yes, and he certainly knows what people are experiencing.

Frank Tao Wang
And their address is very clear.
And they have lots of contact info on their site - and some of the people are on LinkedIN.

If you really want to prove what you can do, you can probably find all that stuff without asking forum members or the general public. It's all out there on google.

Oh, there is almost zero record of the CEO ever communicating with a consumer - or dealers - or even many of the big wigs who put up millions for inventory preorders in advance. So - if you do get a personalized note, please let me know (I'm a reporter).

DJI is famously secretive and Mr. Wang doesn't even show up for major product launches, CES, etc.

Good Luck.
2016-12-10
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI, US orders that I can see and know about (a couple dozen) are not quicker than elsewhere - I see none shipped since about Oct 2 in those I have access to.

Lots of people have received from dealers, apple, newegg and others tho. And lots of people who ordered in the first week also received.
2016-12-10
Use props
S30
New

United States

Question for you guys, I ordered a month ago and it says  "payment status:authorized" Also I have little bubbles 1-5 and I am currently at 3 which says payment success.

I remember folks complaining about being charged right of way, Im confused as my CC has not been charged yet. Is this the norm? or will I be charged upon shipment?

Thanks

2016-12-10
Use props
fanse8612f75
lvl.1

Canada

S30 Posted at 2016-12-11 09:24
Question for you guys, I ordered a month ago and it says  "payment status:authorized" Also I have little bubbles 1-5 and I am currently at 3 which says payment success.

I remember folks complaining about being charged right of way, Im confused as my CC has not been charged yet. Is this the norm? or will I be charged upon shipment?

was the same for me. it took maybe 4 weeks to dji to take my money. and still no idea when i'm gonna receive it.
ordered on 2nd  nov
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-10 12:14
Thanks Ken

I would delete the App and try again, but this is acting up on my iPad mini4 also during the Inspire 1 beta testing. MTC and others have reported this too. I guess I was surprised that the Mavic was affected so much it requires the setting to be changed to about 8% for a crawl.  As you know the video was mainly to show the speed while using the gimbal dial and disregard the rest.

It's been reported it so I don't thing there's a need for flight or RC records.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-12-10 16:42
Got my tracking number today. :-) Exactly 8 weeks after my order. :-) Thank you DJI-Ken. :-)

Nice, I'm glad you got it, not much longer until it's in your hands.
Thanks for reporting.
2016-12-10
Use props
fans9b4f8f79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203 ft
  • >>>
United States

I rather them take their time and  assemble the aircraft correctly than to have it rushed to me and it  malfunction when I get it. It's  20° here in New York very wind. I hardly take my P4 out and fly it. When I get better days I try to though.  Whatever they're doing I hope they learn from this.
2016-12-10
Use props
old-rider
lvl.1

United States

Received my Mavic yesterday   Thanks DJI...  Could not unbox until this evening, everything is there and now charging
2016-12-10
Use props
NatasataN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100574 ft
Canada

Getting mine Monday! Ordered October 12, shipped December 09th and getting it Monday December 12th
2016-12-10
Use props
fansfbbe24c7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241644 ft
Puerto Rico

DJI-Ken,

Greetings! I am writing out of hope to find some help from someone. I ordered the combo on 11/1 and am completing mission work in Puerto Rico. I had inputed a shipping address to Puerto Rico. Our work is nearly complete here and I will fly back to our offices in Atlanta, GA on the 19th for about a week before transitioning our team to Germany for six months.

I have been in contact with email support. All of my attempts at online chat were met with frustration. I have been thorough with my emails explaining my predicament and have had some moderate success at communication. It has taken about three days on average to get a reply from online email support.

So then to bring you up to date, I had hoped to change my shipping address to my office address in Atlanta. At first glance email support said no problem and so when I gave them the updated shipping address, they replied and said they could not change the shipping address to another country. I understood, but in my last email to them I told them that Puerto Rico is ACTUALLY a part of the United States, same currency, same federal government and laws, etc.

They advised me to cancel my order and then re-order with my address in Atlanta but they were upfront in telling me I'd go to the back of the queue. However, by the time the product would ship, our team would be in Germany for our work there.

According to the Nov-3 update, my plans, and my assistant's plan who will remain in Puerto Rico for three extra weeks before flying to Germany, there is a chance that we can still make this happen. I have pleaded for a little help and intervention. However, it's been nearly four days since my last reply to their email.

I have been very patient through the process and this is my first post. However, I am needing a bit of intervention otherwise it will be logistically impossible for me to receive my Mavic Combo.

I will make another reply that is private with my email history so it might fill in some questions and arm you with all I know.

I am hoping you can help!

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give. I am thinking my best hope is to get some assurance that the package can be sent to Puerto Rico before my assistant leaves. Of course, I would authorize her to receive the package (same address as what's in the order.)

Thank you so much!
Brian
2016-12-10
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.2

United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2016-12-10 02:43
Good for you finally getting yours. Mine was ordered a week after you, so maybe I'll get mine in time for Christmas. Here's hoping.

ur going to.. i hope u do.. its been a long wait for all of us i hope we get ours before xmas
2016-12-10
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

Vee23 Posted at 2016-12-5 23:18
Asking 'em to check your order is futile. They perform the same task as you tracking it from their site. And if you ask for a better status, they copy and paste bits and pieces from the last two status update.

Pick a company from Alibaba that has terrible customer service, and that's DJI's blueprint for communication to its customers.

Thanks for that insight. Apparently that is what I thought as well.

I decided to email the online sales and stated the facts with sequence of events plus a very not so helpful online pre-sales support fella by the name of Daniel.

Guess what? The status has been changed to shipped! What i really feel is, with each DJI customer that writes to them or threatens to cancel pre-orders, there will be no reply for the online sales when you write in, they will just change your shipping status and provide you a tracking number! I mean, how cool is that really?

Well folks, I'm sorry and apparently I will receive it 12th Dec 2016 end of day apparently from the tracking status. *crosses fingers*

2016-12-10
Use props
Z
lvl.1

United States

xiaohong Posted at 2016-12-10 21:39
Thanks for that insight. Apparently that is what I thought as well.

I decided to email the online sales and stated the facts with sequence of events plus a very not so helpful online pre-sales support fella by the name of Daniel.

must be nice lol
2016-12-10
Use props
Skelator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420062 ft
United States

I ordered mine from BestBuy and i got it monday. When i opened the brown shipping box i noticed my mavic looked like it had been juggled at the shipping facility! However i figured i'd try it out anyway. It flew crazy quite a bit. But flew good for long enough for me to enjoy it. Until the last time i played with it and ran into a "Magnetic Interference" Zone and it decided to get a mind of it's own and crash into a power line sending the battery into a puddle of mud and the drone into the grass. I'm already awaiting my second one. I decided to order direct through dji this time as best buy and or UPS played soccer with the unit. Hopefully i'll get my 2nd one fast as i'm pretty pissed off about the original faulty unit!!
2016-12-11
Use props
fans1584f848
New
Italy

thehippoz Posted at 2016-12-10 18:46
Mine's coming in Monday. I can't wait

when did you order?
2016-12-11
Use props
luisgguedes14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29167 ft
Portugal

I bought mine on Nov 3rd from Portuguese Apple Store online. It is still predicting delivery for Dec 20 - Jan 9.  What are the odds to receive before Christmas?
2016-12-11
Use props
fans009b36ff
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi I have ordered a mavic pro and a osmo mobile both in the same order on 2016-10-06. Because of the delay of the mavic I have requested from onlinesales via email to spilt the orders and they sent me the osmo mobile. After that they marked my order as shipped but not marked as completed because of the missing mavic order. Now when I read the forum, the ones who  ordered after me received their mavics but I still haven’t gotten mine. I started to believe that there is a problem with the order of the shipment. I sent so many emails to onlinesales but they don't answer me. What am I gonna do?
2016-12-11
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

i sure bet it is.
2016-12-11
Use props
jthrasher
lvl.1
United States

Can I change the shipping address of my order?  There's a good chance it will be shipped while I'm gone and would love to have it shipped to where I'm going to be.  
2016-12-11
Use props
fans01110887
lvl.1

Singapore

fanse8612f75 Posted at 2016-12-11 04:30
was the same for me. it took maybe 4 weeks to dji to take my money. and still no idea when i'm gonna receive it.
ordered on 2nd  nov

http://Same as to me as well ordered 5 nov! Hope we all receive soon either at the end of december or till middle of January
2016-12-11
Use props
Gmale710
New

United States

NatasataN Posted at 2016-12-10 23:37
Getting mine Monday! Ordered October 12, shipped December 09th and getting it Monday December 12th

Ken
Ordered Mavic PRO on Oct. 4, got it Dec. 6.  Weather not good for flying .  Downloaded DJI GO app and found that it only lists Phantoms, not Mavic.  Now what ?
2016-12-11
Use props
fansaa34e07f
New

United States

Ordered 10.19.2016 in USA. Rec'd tracking numbers for a split order (Mavic only + accessories) shipping tomorrow to arrive 12.16.2016.
2016-12-11
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Gmale710@gmail Posted at 2016-12-11 17:37
Ken
Ordered Mavic PRO on Oct. 4, got it Dec. 6.  Weather not good for flying .  Downloaded DJI GO app and found that it only lists Phantoms, not Mavic.  Now what ?

You need the new DJI 4 app
2016-12-11
Use props
fans568083b7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362995 ft
United States

FWIW, after ordering Dec 2 from DJI, I realized the normal practice of charging the card when the product ships, was going to be different in this case. Not really thrilled about having $1300 out there for 60 days, I cancelled and ordered thru a vendor, using PayPal Credit. I lost 10 days in the queue, but I can live with that.
2016-12-11
Use props
Gmale710
New

United States

Chriscycling Posted at 2016-12-11 12:52
You need the new DJI 4 app

Oops.  Thanks
2016-12-11
Use props
S30
New

United States

fanse8612f75 Posted at 2016-12-10 21:30
ordered on 2nd  nov

Ok thanks for the info!
2016-12-11
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

fans568083b7 Posted at 2016-12-11 12:20
FWIW, after ordering Dec 2 from DJI, I realized the normal practice of charging the card when the product ships, was going to be different in this case. Not really thrilled about having $1300 out there for 60 days, I cancelled and ordered thru a vendor, using PayPal Credit. I lost 10 days in the queue, but I can live with that.

I am pretty sure they changed this as I ordered mine direct from DJI on 11/25 and my card has not yet been charged. I see were the pending charges hit my CC but since it hasn't shipped yet, there have been no actual charges applied to my card.
The payment staus is:authorized and the 3rd blur dot is lit up stating payment success.
2016-12-11
Use props
staffsarge
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-10 06:23
Ken

This was a quick edit from the Go App and certainly was not intended to show the Mavic at its best. I use the C1 button to move the camera straight down and center. I was trying to move the gimbal dial on the remote very slowly to pan. It is very difficult to get slow and smooth....

Yeh that looks terrible.  I'm becoming less and less impressed with these drones of DJI's.  There are tonnes of options out there with much the same features.  I came to DJI because they were the best, but for a first experience - I'd probably steer people away from DJI in general, despite them being one of if not the best UAV providers.  I don't know that having to interact with them would be worth it....GoPro on the other hand.

2016-12-11
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
Canada

Canada: ordered Oct. 19, Mavic only plus extra battery and props. the 4th blue dot (shipped) is now on! But no shipping info so far.....will Dji give me more shipping details tomorrow by email? Hope everything I ordered come together in one shipment
2016-12-11
Use props
jakacspear
lvl.1
Australia

Mavic only order made 9th of October - received a shipping notification and tracking number on Saturday.

And from the look of the last few pages on this forum, seems like Australian orders are now being filled pretty quickly.
2016-12-11
Use props
Nole4life80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298737 ft
United States

Ordered Oct. 21st and received tracking numbers yesterday. Says I will have it by Wednesday at the latest.
Mavic, 2 extra batteries, extra props and hub.
Ordered from DJI coming to Atlanta, Ga USA
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules