Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ely324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

ordered 10-25 Mavic and 10-27 batteries as well. Both are showing shipped today. The batteries I requested a refund about 2 weeks ago.
2016-12-13
Use props
BarrabasOnAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Germany

Hi Ken! Still waiting for a response to my comment, see below...

I don't understand why you provide so little information about the number of orders, the status of production, and so on. I think what makes people be upset, is the missing transparency and information. Even when I wrote to sales@dji.com they didn't want to provide me an estimate of the availability of the Mavic Pro for Germany, after it was initially selled for a few weeks.

https://tinyentropy.com/2016/12/09/waiting-for-the-mavic-pro/
2016-12-13
Use props
Greg Kingston
lvl.1

United Kingdom

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-13 17:37
Why does there need to be another shipping update?  They stated 6-8 weeks.  It's been about 6.  Additionally, the current Mavic order page says "ships 6-8 weeks".

Seems pretty clear to me.  You should get your Mavic 6-8 weeks from time of order.  If you want to get more specific, I would estimate closer to 8 weeks than 6.  If you've been waiting more than 8 weeks and ordered directly from DJI, start bugging customer support.  If you've been waiting more than 8 weeks and ordered from a reseller, start bugging your reseller.

The reason why a new update would be welcomed is that there's widespread inconsistency on shipping times per destination. US orders are being fulfilled well within the timelines given, but other destinations - Europe in particular - are not. For example, a couple of UK orders had shipping notification today and they're 9 - 10 weeks since ordering.

DJI just need to keep clear and open communication. When they say one thing 2 months ago and then something else happens then people will just assume the worst.
2016-12-13
Use props
SteinkeTriscuit
New

United States

Got my Mavic right at the 8 week cut off. DJI was right on point. Took my first flight last night and it was a joy to fly. Alot of fun for a first time drone user.

Cannot wait to keep on flying.

P.S. Do you all recommend getting the DJI Refresh Care pack for $99. I would rather just buy another battery but wanted your guys take on it.
2016-12-13
Use props
fans1cec5550
lvl.1

United States

Ken,

I created an order on 11/9 and completed payment information on 11/15.  Yesterday was 28 days since confirmation and I saw the payment status change from 'Authorized' to 'Pay Confirmed', but I haven't seen any activity in my bank account.  Should I have seen a withdraw by now?
2016-12-13
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

SteinkeTriscuit Posted at 2016-12-13 13:12
Got my Mavic right at the 8 week cut off. DJI was right on point. Took my first flight last night and it was a joy to fly. Alot of fun for a first time drone user.

I would suggest getting the refresh care, especially if you are a first time drone user. Just keep in mind, it doesn't cover against water damage..
2016-12-13
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

mejia Posted at 2016-12-13 13:18
I would suggest getting the refresh care, especially if you are a first time drone user. Just keep in mind, it doesn't cover against water damage..

Depending on where you live, you might be better off asking your insurance company.  There is another thread on here talking about drone insurance through State Farm (US) that only costs $60/year and offers full value with zero deductible which is much better than Care Refresh with the exception you would have to buy (and wait for) a new drone.
2016-12-13
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

fans5e698381 Posted at 2016-12-13 10:23
Ken hope you can help me out the chat lines have been down and I cant get any info on my shipping date, I bought my mavic pro on 11/3/16 I was told when I bought itit would take 4 weeks to get it that time has passed, i had to buy another drone for my daughters project because the date has passed, but i told her the mavic is on its way, for another high profile project before she returns to school,please HELP me  the other drone I bought is a Piece of sh#$%. anything any info that you can give me will be great my order # is 0018932817032 I know you have getting lots of requests, if there is anyway you can hurry my order or any info would be greatly apprecated, My daughter is counting on me THANX ALOT Chris

Just stop already.  Your 4 week promise (which I don't know how/where you saw that) was immediately superceded by the 6-8 week time frame announced on 11/3 (the very day you ordered).  Based on current information I would guess your Mavic will arrive end of next week or early the following.
2016-12-13
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

fans1cec5550 Posted at 2016-12-13 13:15
Ken,

I created an order on 11/9 and completed payment information on 11/15.  Yesterday was 28 days since confirmation and I saw the payment status change from 'Authorized' to 'Pay Confirmed', but I haven't seen any activity in my bank account.  Should I have seen a withdraw by now?

No.  They've changed their policy after mass customer outrage.  They have just confirmed that your payment method is valid but it won't be charged until the order is ready to ship.
2016-12-13
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Greg Kingston Posted at 2016-12-13 13:09
The reason why a new update would be welcomed is that there's widespread inconsistency on shipping times per destination. US orders are being fulfilled well within the timelines given, but other destinations - Europe in particular - are not. For example, a couple of UK orders had shipping notification today and they're 9 - 10 weeks since ordering.

DJI just need to keep clear and open communication. When they say one thing 2 months ago and then something else happens then people will just assume the worst.

Is there really "widespread" inconsistency with regards to orders placed directly through DJI.com?  I'm not sure about that.

Even so, their statement was that they would "do their best" to clear the orders in 6-8 weeks and to the best of my knowledge based on various comment threads on the forums, they are doing that.

As I said, those who have been waiting more than 8 weeks should definitely complain or inquire about their orders, but as far as I can tell DJI is doing exactly what they said.
2016-12-13
Use props
mejia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36198 ft
United States

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-13 14:20
Depending on where you live, you might be better off asking your insurance company.  There is another thread on here talking about drone insurance through State Farm (US) that only costs $60/year and offers full value with zero deductible which is much better than Care Refresh with the exception you would have to buy (and wait for) a new drone.

wow i had no idea, would this be the same as having property insurance?
2016-12-13
Use props
Smashie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10079 ft
United Kingdom

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-13 19:32
Is there really "widespread" inconsistency with regards to orders placed directly through DJI.com?  I'm not sure about that.

Even so, their statement was that they would "do their best" to clear the orders in 6-8 weeks and to the best of my knowledge based on various comment threads on the forums, they are doing that.

I would say there is some inconsistency bearing in mind I've been waiting for 9 and a half weeks. Seems that a lot of customers in the UK are in the boat as me.
2016-12-13
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

so the website is showing shipped, but no tracking number yet or email, I hope this is shipping from Georgia...
2016-12-13
Use props
fans24b9b606
lvl.1
Canada

guys...you might hate me but if you read it carefully....they didn't stated that your mavic will be shipped with 7-8 weeks on your order date. it's saying it will try to clear all the orders before Nov 3 in 7-8 weeks.
"We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks." I order mine Oct 28 and I'll start to complain to DJI Ken once that 8 weeks mark is up which is Dec 23 or Dec 29.
Yes DJI might not know what first come first serve means as half of the chinese population dont even have manners "http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-31928761" and if you want to know my nationality...I'm from Hong Kong.
As for people who order from a 3rd party, it really depends on the 3rd party order date. Yes you might have order on Sept 29....but did the 3rd party order on Sept 29 or they order it on a later date.

This is just my opinion.   
2016-12-13
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

It is a bit all-over-the-place.  I ordered on Nov14 from a reseller and will receive today.  That's about 4-and-a-half weeks.

It's to be expected given the unexpected popularity combined with the initial manufacturing issues, but it still frustrates people; and rightly so.

Transparency is the way to go - always.  More than we've seen from most companies involved.  What makes that a little harder in this case is trying to factor in cancellations and returns/replacements.  It turns an inexact science into a guessing game.
2016-12-13
Use props
MKR
lvl.1

United States

Mavic arrived at my doorstep yesterday on my birthday nonetheless! Ordered on Sept 29th and shipped to Hawaii.
2016-12-13
Use props
JeremyRunge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29682 ft
United States

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-13 09:37
Why does there need to be another shipping update?  They stated 6-8 weeks.  It's been about 6.  Additionally, the current Mavic order page says "ships 6-8 weeks".

Seems pretty clear to me.  You should get your Mavic 6-8 weeks from time of order.  If you want to get more specific, I would estimate closer to 8 weeks than 6.  If you've been waiting more than 8 weeks and ordered directly from DJI, start bugging customer support.  If you've been waiting more than 8 weeks and ordered from a reseller, start bugging your reseller.

Well said.
2016-12-13
Use props
Bretttt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118058 ft
Australia

As well as the delays, which are unacceptable in themselves, I'm getting a bit fed up with Ken's sanctimonious tone in all his replies.

Putting your hand up to be the intermediary in these satiations you'd expect some humility and a humble approach with dealing with customers who had been done wrong by. I'm just seeing snide replies and short snappy responses.

If this is the representation of DJI, then DJI is not the company I thought it was.
2016-12-13
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 06:27
You are not over 8 weeks of waiting, the shipping was to start Oct 15th but started a week after that.
So the last week of December would actually be 8 weeks.

Hi Ken, I am now well over 8 weeks since the 15th of October and 9 weeks since I placed a preorder. My retailer STILL tells me I am 40 or 50 orders away from getting it. Can you please now look into the orders for RISE ABOVE CUSTOM DRONE SOLUTIONS in Sydney Australia. There are many many customers here waiting much longer than DJI have said we should wait, and yet there are people in the US getting their Mavics very quickly.
2016-12-13
Use props
nivekeel
lvl.1

Australia

Dasm6tPRI5iL Posted at 2016-12-10 16:31
When did you order? Mavic only or combo? Still waiting on my mavic only order from Oct 3rd...

I've ordered on the 17th of Oct. Just the Mavic without extra batteries. Plan to get the extras early next year while overseas~
I had the priority shipping coupon applied, the tracking shows it's in Brisbane now and arriving on the 14th of Dce (great time just before X'mas!!). I guess your's should be on the way as well right?
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-13 14:57
Hi Ken, I am now well over 8 weeks since the 15th of October and 9 weeks since I placed a preorder. My retailer STILL tells me I am 40 or 50 orders away from getting it. Can you please now look into the orders for RISE ABOVE CUSTOM DRONE SOLUTIONS in Sydney Australia. There are many many customers here waiting much longer than DJI have said we should wait, and yet there are people in the US getting their Mavics very quickly.

I'm sorry, I do not have any access to dealer accounts.
Only your dealer would be able to get information from who managed their DJI account.
I'm sorry about that.
The company you ordered from would have a better idea (how many thousands they ordered, and how many they are receiving on each shipment)
2016-12-13
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Bretttt Posted at 2016-12-13 16:42
As well as the delays, which are unacceptable in themselves, I'm getting a bit fed up with Ken's sanctimonious tone in all his replies.

Putting your hand up to be the intermediary in these satiations you'd expect some humility and a humble approach with dealing with customers who had been done wrong by. I'm just seeing snide replies and short snappy responses.

Seriously?  I guess you haven't been reading through all the many, many, MANY pages of replies here.  Everybody is asking the same self centered questions as if they are in a unique situation, and Ken is really just a forum moderator.  He's doing his best to be helpful but even a saint would have lost it at this point giving the same answers to the same questions 1000 times.  

If you're so offended, please cancel your order so that a more reasonable human being can get their Mavic sooner...
2016-12-13
Use props
Boardtalk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 209642 ft
Ireland

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-13 22:18
Seriously?  I guess you haven't been reading through all the many, many, MANY pages of replies here.  Everybody is asking the same self centered questions as if they are in a unique situation, and Ken is really just a forum moderator.  He's doing his best to be helpful but even a saint would have lost it at this point giving the same answers to the same questions 1000 times.  

If you're so offended, please cancel your order so that a more reasonable human being can get their Mavic sooner...

Do you work for DJI?
2016-12-13
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

Definitely purchase DJI Care Refresh...It's worth the $99.00 to have peace of mind even if you never have to use it.

I also purchased DJI Care for my P-4....
2016-12-13
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 06:03
I'm sorry, I do not have any access to dealer accounts.
Only your dealer would be able to get information from who managed their DJI account.
I'm sorry about that.

They have told me how many preorders they have (400 or so) and where I am in the queue (around 90) and that they have only received a grand total of 26 Mavics. They are getting about 4 or 5 a week.

They are also Australia's biggest and oldest DJI reseller. They have said that DJI will not tell them when to expect more units and I find it grossly unfair that they can't that information. Most of the their customers have been waiting a lot longer than the people complaining on this forum, and I think this needs to be addressed.

I was happy to accept the stated delay by DJI of 6 to 8 weeks but now I am well over that period and there is still not even a indication of when my Mavic will be available. I am certain that my reseller would have had preorders submitted with DJI well before launch and the tiny trickle of units they are receiving are leaving them a long way behind most other channels.
2016-12-13
Use props
Fortmac2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

Definitely purchase DJI Care Refresh...It's worth the $99.00 to have peace of mind even if you never have to use it.

I also purchased DJI Care for my P-4....
2016-12-13
Use props
fans9c0d5af0
lvl.1

United States

DJI Ken - my payment status says authorized. Does it have to say confirmed before my fly more combo is able to ship? I ordered on Nov 23rd and the 1299 was taken out of my account and then put back in for some reason?? I just want to make sure I am officially "in line" to have my fly more combo shipped. I spoke with a Customer service rep and they said I was all set and that the system said I had an estimate ship date of Jan 18th.

Can you please confirm that my shipping status does not have to say confirmed in order for my bundle to ship and if it does how I can get it to say that?

Order Number:  0015887803329
2016-12-13
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

Bretttt Posted at 2016-12-13 13:42

If I had to answer these questions over and over again I would get tires of it as well, if you would go through the forum you can find your answers!
2016-12-13
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-13 13:57

Ken is just going to tell you to have your dealer to do the contacting and he can not do that for you. I would just start with them. Not all of us are getting our drones faster then anyone else. When did they really order it for you, are you sure they're not just giving you a story. I would see if they ordered them when they said they did. And by the way I ordered mine on the 29th of Oct. and haven't gotten a ship date yet. Leave these guys alone and talk to your dealer!
2016-12-13
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-13 14:18

Good one I agree!
2016-12-13
Use props
Shaunwh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131476 ft
United Kingdom

Hi has anyone in the UK recieved their mavic pre order ?
2016-12-13
Use props
DGHockeytown
lvl.2

United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-13 16:11
It is a bit all-over-the-place.  I ordered on Nov14 from a reseller and will receive today.  That's about 4-and-a-half weeks.

It's to be expected given the unexpected popularity combined with the initial manufacturing issues, but it still frustrates people; and rightly so.

But your Reseller Pre Ordered with the rest of the September people and they are just receiving their shipment.

True order to ship times are regarding DJI.com direct orders only.

You just happen to order from the RIGHT Reseller at the RIGHT time!  
2016-12-13
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Australia

fans370bf225 Posted at 2016-12-14 06:51
Ken is just going to tell you to have your dealer to do the contacting and he can not do that for you. I would just start with them. Not all of us are getting our drones faster then anyone else. When did they really order it for you, are you sure they're not just giving you a story. I would see if they ordered them when they said they did. And by the way I ordered mine on the 29th of Oct. and haven't gotten a ship date yet. Leave these guys alone and talk to your dealer!

I am posting here because I have been talking to my dealer relentlessly. Ken told me a week or so ago to wait until 8 weeks after the 15th of October when general shipping commenced and then check back to get an update. That is what I am doing. Obviously he can't help though so I will go call my retailer yet again. I know that not everyone is getting their Mavics as quickly as others but with respect, I ordered mine 4 weeks before you, so the fact that you haven't received shipping yet is no surprise - you are still within the 6 to 8 week timeframe. I am not.
2016-12-13
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Australia

fans370bf225 Posted at 2016-12-14 06:51

I am posting here because I have been talking to my dealer relentlessly. Ken told me a week or so ago to wait until 8 weeks after the 15th of October when general shipping commenced and then check back to get an update. That is what I am doing. Obviously he can't help though so I will go call my retailer yet again. I know that not everyone is getting their Mavics as quickly as others but with respect, I ordered mine 4 weeks before you, so the fact that you haven't received shipping yet is no surprise - you are still within the 6 to 8 week timeframe. I am not.
2016-12-13
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

DGHockeytown Posted at 2016-12-13 16:56
But your Reseller Pre Ordered with the rest of the September people and they are just receiving their shipment.

True order to ship times are regarding DJI.com direct orders only.

True  when comparing one reseller's timing to another... but, I'm pretty sure they didn't order before DJI   

Fact is, regardless of when they ordered (and how many they ordered in that first order) they had no idea when they were going to be able to fulfil my order.  Not a clue.  My record was six status changes in a day.  So, it is 'all-over-the-place', though for reasons well known and understood at this point.
2016-12-13
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-13 15:07

I agree with you on that, I know I'm still in the 8 week period, but you can't have Ken check your retailers order! They have to do that. Just saying! Ken has told people that over and over!
2016-12-13
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Boardtalk Posted at 2016-12-13 17:21
Do you work for DJI?

No.  But had you read even one page back you probably could have inferred that based on me posting my shipping info.

I'm just a person who has been following this thread since it started trying to gleen an idea as to when my Mavic would ship based on others experience.  Thankfully I got that info and was able to guess that mine would ship this, my 8th, week of waiting and it appears that will be the case.

I will be the first to agree that the overall handling of this product launch has been a disaster, but DJI has rectified many of the issues (like charging people in advance) and have done their best to get past their manufacturing problems.  They are still a relatively young company and from what I can tell this is their first misstep of this magnitude.  Hopefully the subsequent launches will go more smoothly but that ship has sailed for this one and they are in catch up mode.  

Thankfully, every single one of us has the option to cancel our order.  Nothing annoys me more than to see all these people acting like DJI has wronged them personally.  The only people who have a legitimate gripe are those who were charged in advance (myself included) but even then DJI would refund the money if asked.  All the other people are literally complaining to hear themselves complain and sound like children.  Bottom line: DJI messed up and your options are to wait or cancel your order. Get over it.
2016-12-13
Use props
Boardtalk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 209642 ft
Ireland

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-13 23:36
No.  But had you read even one page back you probably could have inferred that based on me posting my shipping info.

I'm just a person who has been following this thread since it started trying to gleen an idea as to when my Mavic would ship based on others experience.  Thankfully I got that info and was able to guess that mine would ship this, my 8th, week of waiting and it appears that will be the case.

My question was a simple one and did not require an essay.
2016-12-13
Use props
Shaunwh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131476 ft
United Kingdom

i ordered from drones direct ... are they shipping to any ukpre order customers on this forum ?
2016-12-13
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-13 15:36

Well said!
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules