Mavic Shipping Update (02/17/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smashie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10079 ft
United Kingdom

Shaunwh Posted at 2016-12-13 22:56
Hi has anyone in the UK recieved their mavic pre order ?

Not as far as I can work out
2016-12-13
Use props
VsRqAae5bgAu
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Received shipping notice yesterday morning.

Ordered 8th Oct, Oxford UK, fly more combo.

Delivery exp. 16th Dec.

On to the next chapter.
2016-12-13
Use props
fanseb96bbe7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5653 ft
  • >>>
United States

Production must be increasing. I see Mavic PRO'S and COMBO'S on Ebay for ridiculous prices. That's really terrible when all people
think about is being greedy. I want mine so I can fly it.
2016-12-13
Use props
fanseb96bbe7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5653 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanseb96bbe7 Posted at 2016-12-13 18:00
Production must be increasing. I see Mavic PRO'S and COMBO'S on Ebay for ridiculous prices. That's really terrible when all people
think about is being greedy. I want mine so I can fly it.

You know a lot of these folks complaining they hadn't gotten there yet and all they wanted to do was resell
for a much higher price. Well you can count me out. I will never spend a cent more that it is worth just to have
it.
2016-12-13
Use props
DGHockeytown
lvl.2

United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-13 18:16
True  when comparing one reseller's timing to another... but, I'm pretty sure they didn't order before DJI   

Fact is, regardless of when they ordered (and how many they ordered in that first order) they had no idea when they were going to be able to fulfil my order.  Not a clue.  My record was six status changes in a day.  So, it is 'all-over-the-place', though for reasons well known and understood at this point.

Right On.

I'm just expanding on his 'perception' that it only takes 4 weeks from Order to Arrival............

Reseller and Pilot "Pre Orders" all came in at once.  My definition of "Pre Order" is "Before you can get it in stores."

The net is that all of our 1 or 2 unit PRE ORDERS are mixed in with 100 unit orders for small resellers and 1000+ orders from Apple, Best Buy, Amazon.......etc..........

That said, he only waited 4 weeks because he ordered REALLY LATE from a Reseller that ordered REALLY EARLY........and he got lucky on the timing.

I ordered late October, so I feel the pain, but not nearly the pain of the remaining September 28th orders and UK orders that are not getting filled yet.

Either way, patience will pay off in the end and DJI is betting that we will all be SO ENAMORED by how AWESOME the Mavic is, that all will be forgiven when we get them.

I have a feeling they are right, at least for those that eventually do receive their drone.........but allot of PR damage has already been done.

2016-12-13
Use props
fansdf748f70
lvl.1

Malta

so now I'm on my 40th day of waiting lets hope this is true at least to keep my hopes for january !!
15369203_10157972625880422_6340528848627524854_o.jpg
2016-12-13
Use props
Jazzcool 2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 679 ft

Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 06:03
I'm sorry, I do not have any access to dealer accounts.
Only your dealer would be able to get information from who managed their DJI account.
I'm sorry about that.

I keep asking my reseller here in Singapore and they say they are asking the same question to DJI and get no response AT ALL!
2016-12-13
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I agree with many of your points, and I REALLY hope you're right on the 'awesome' part (mine has finally arrived but I won't get to open it and find out til the weekend).

The risk I hope does not come true is that - as a result of quickly ramping up production - that quality control slipped.  If that occurs (and again, I really hope it doesn't) the PR impact will become legendary.  The threads will turn from 'why is it taking so long to get my Mavic?' to 'Why is it taking so long to get my replacement Mavic?'

Fingers crossed!!
2016-12-13
Use props
shirty
lvl.1

Australia

Well, today marks 10 weeks since I ordered my Fly More Combo and still nothing...  Really getting angry seeing people who have ordered well after me getting theirs, has Australia been forgotten about?? Yesterday I spoke to Rise Above who told me they have only received 28 units so far, at this rate Ill be waiting well into next year, not happy
2016-12-13
Use props
Bublar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 339859 ft
United States

For those that it might help, I ordered my fly more combo 2016-10-21 15:15:55 (UTC) direct from DJI website and received shipping notification this morning.
2016-12-13
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

Bublar Posted at 2016-12-13 18:47
For those that it might help, I ordered my fly more combo 2016-10-21 15:15:55 (UTC) direct from DJI website and received shipping notification this morning.

Awesome! That means I'm getting closer to getting mine!
2016-12-13
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Jazzcool 2 Posted at 2016-12-14 13:27
I keep asking my reseller here in Singapore and they say they are asking the same question to DJI and get no response AT ALL!

Same in Australia, Im tracking a couple of orders with at least 3 suppliers and they are not getting ANY response from DJI at all.  The only thing they had received is an email to contact the customers so they dont cancel the per orders and to advise them to "please have patience".   But no dates committed, nothing, they are being kept in the complete dark.
2016-12-13
Use props
Raymondanton1
lvl.1

United States

Bublar Posted at 2016-12-13 21:47

The below quote is from an email I received regarding my order.  Now, I won't throw the drone store that I made the purchase from, under the bus.  They buy from a distributor and they (the store) can't control when they receive Mavics.  That being said, Drone Nerds, the distributor has indicated that I, and others may not see a Mavic until January or Feb.  I know that others have received orders from Drone Nerds, and that Drone Nerds is not actually to blame.  DJI should be ashamed of how they are treating customers and distributors.  

I placed my order on 10/14.  No one seems to be able to tell me where I am "in line" either. As a new customer and future drone owner I'm at a loss for words.  This is not an issue of patience, this is about professionalism.  

"...DJI has told us that they are only going to send us a few more Mavics this month and nothing until mid-January to early February."

What to do now...
2016-12-13
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Bublar Posted at 2016-12-14 13:47

I order mine on the 28th of Sept (WAIT MORE COMBO) and nothing no word from DJI on the delivery. So consider yourself lucky mate.
2016-12-13
Use props
Raymondanton1
lvl.1

United States

stratosHD Posted at 2016-12-13 22:14
I order mine on the 28th of Sept (WAIT MORE COMBO) and nothing no word from DJI on the delivery. So consider yourself lucky mate.

Although this may seem like progress, it is not.  This is the third "punt" I have received.  It is the same that everyone else is receiving, the only difference is that your lack of info is direct from DJI, mine is from DJI, to a major distributor and from a resaler.  The extra bit of info indicating January or Feb is new.  This shows that DJI is not actually pumping out Mavics as they said.  
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

SteinkeTriscuit Posted at 2016-12-13 13:12
Got my Mavic right at the 8 week cut off. DJI was right on point. Took my first flight last night and it was a joy to fly. Alot of fun for a first time drone user.

Cannot wait to keep on flying.

I would purchase the Refresh, it's and extremely valuable protection plan.
2016-12-13
Use props
slinks
lvl.2

South Korea

Seems like APPLE and the US are getting their orders filled.
But what about Asia/KOREA???
We're behind. It's unfair and it's frustrating.
And we shouldnt have been expected to pay in full. Even if I refund now, I'll lose money over the transaction. Will DJI compensate for that?? How annoying.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans1cec5550 Posted at 2016-12-13 13:15
Ken,

I created an order on 11/9 and completed payment information on 11/15.  Yesterday was 28 days since confirmation and I saw the payment status change from 'Authorized' to 'Pay Confirmed', but I haven't seen any activity in my bank account.  Should I have seen a withdraw by now?

I'm not sure how they are doing the billing now.I know some orders jsut put an authorization and then charge when shipped. don't know if they are doing that for all orders or not.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-13 14:48
so the website is showing shipped, but no tracking number yet or email, I hope this is shipping from Georgia...

It takes 24-48hrs for tracking info to show.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bretttt Posted at 2016-12-13 16:42
As well as the delays, which are unacceptable in themselves, I'm getting a bit fed up with Ken's sanctimonious tone in all his replies.

Putting your hand up to be the intermediary in these satiations you'd expect some humility and a humble approach with dealing with customers who had been done wrong by. I'm just seeing snide replies and short snappy responses.

There's only so many ways to answer "when will my Mavic ship"
As I've been saying for weeks, only online sales can help with your shipping questions.
There's absolutely nothing I am able to do to get an order shipped faster or inquire on it's shipping status.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-13 17:24
They have told me how many preorders they have (400 or so) and where I am in the queue (around 90) and that they have only received a grand total of 26 Mavics. They are getting about 4 or 5 a week.

They are also Australia's biggest and oldest DJI reseller. They have said that DJI will not tell them when to expect more units and I find it grossly unfair that they can't that information. Most of the their customers have been waiting a lot longer than the people complaining on this forum, and I think this needs to be addressed.

I am sorry about that, I know dealers who each of them have ordered thousands and they are getting limited shipments. Much more then 4 a week, but still limited shipments.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans9c0d5af0 Posted at 2016-12-13 17:38
DJI Ken - my payment status says authorized. Does it have to say confirmed before my fly more combo is able to ship? I ordered on Nov 23rd and the 1299 was taken out of my account and then put back in for some reason?? I just want to make sure I am officially "in line" to have my fly more combo shipped. I spoke with a Customer service rep and they said I was all set and that the system said I had an estimate ship date of Jan 18th.

Can you please confirm that my shipping status does not have to say confirmed in order for my bundle to ship and if it does how I can get it to say that?

You are officially still in line, when your order is ready to ship the funds will be withdrawn.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans370bf225 Posted at 2016-12-13 17:51
Ken is just going to tell you to have your dealer to do the contacting and he can not do that for you. I would just start with them. Not all of us are getting our drones faster then anyone else. When did they really order it for you, are you sure they're not just giving you a story. I would see if they ordered them when they said they did. And by the way I ordered mine on the 29th of Oct. and haven't gotten a ship date yet. Leave these guys alone and talk to your dealer!

That is correct, the dealer whom a person has ordered from would have to contact their sales rep for any info.
2016-12-13
Use props
Z
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-13 21:00
You are officially still in line, when your order is ready to ship the funds will be withdrawn.

my funds were withdrawn weeks ago, does that mean my order is ready to ship?
2016-12-13
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

fans9c0d5af0 Posted at 2016-12-13 22:38
DJI Ken - my payment status says authorized. Does it have to say confirmed before my fly more combo is able to ship? I ordered on Nov 23rd and the 1299 was taken out of my account and then put back in for some reason?? I just want to make sure I am officially "in line" to have my fly more combo shipped. I spoke with a Customer service rep and they said I was all set and that the system said I had an estimate ship date of Jan 18th.

Can you please confirm that my shipping status does not have to say confirmed in order for my bundle to ship and if it does how I can get it to say that?

DJI will charge your account in around 28 days from when the authorized paymemt status was issued. The same happened to me, paying via PayPal Express. Ordered on 9th November, payment taken on 6th December with status changed to Pay Confirmed. They can also charge your account once the order's shipped, but that most likely won't be happening anytime soon. Lots of orders are queued in front of yours.
2016-12-13
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Z@chT@kk Posted at 2016-12-14 05:08

No, Unfortunately you are waiting for other people's orders to be shipped first. DJI will reach your order at some point. In a long queue.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Z@chT@kk Posted at 2016-12-14 00:08

I'm sorry, I wish I knew when your order will ship.
2016-12-13
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
Australia

Hi again Ken, just looking for some reassurance. My retailer has informed me that DJI has told them there is another unforeseen delay due to material shortage with no other reason given. Please tell me you can confirm this is not true?
2016-12-13
Use props
woodlark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61985 ft
United States

My blue shipping bubble turned blue today. I'm in Alaska and I ordered 2016-10-21 23:06:11 (UTC) , and my order numbers start with a 12. Mavic fly more combo.
2016-12-13
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Z@chT@kk Posted at 2016-12-14 06:08

It does not mean anything. DJI has to withdraw the money within about a month because the "authorization to withdraw the money" will expire at some point (usually 4 weeks or a month). The whole payment systems are not made to authorize payments for orders that are fulfilled several months later.
2016-12-14
Use props
Greg Kingston
lvl.1

United Kingdom

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-13 23:36
No.  But had you read even one page back you probably could have inferred that based on me posting my shipping info.

I'm just a person who has been following this thread since it started trying to gleen an idea as to when my Mavic would ship based on others experience.  Thankfully I got that info and was able to guess that mine would ship this, my 8th, week of waiting and it appears that will be the case.

You're able to get an idea of when your order will ship because you're in the US, and from users posting it is clear that US orders are being fulfilled far more quickly than other regions who are not so fortunate. In some of these, UK and Australia are notable, the 7-8 weeks has already been breached.

It has been confirmed here already that orders are being prioritised in the order in which they were made, but that's simply not true as many later US orders are being fulfilled while other region orders are still left waiting. What's worse - these earlier orders had their payment taken immediately.

DJI should provide another, more complete and accurate update. Offering the right to cancel is not a get out of jail free card - that option is a given regardless of the situation.
2016-12-14
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

Yup, coming up to 8 weeks in a couple of days. Payment was taken out the day I ordered through a reseller (DJI Authorized dealer) and not answering my emails either. Already made payment to credit card along with  interest charges and have nothing to show for it. Beginning to feel a little stressed out by the whole situation. What's one to do but wait huh.
2016-12-14
Use props
fans4d4528b1
lvl.1

Russia

Ordered 18th Oct, delivered yesterday, US, NJ
2016-12-14
Use props
Bretttt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118058 ft
Australia

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-14 09:18
Seriously?  I guess you haven't been reading through all the many, many, MANY pages of replies here.  Everybody is asking the same self centered questions as if they are in a unique situation, and Ken is really just a forum moderator.  He's doing his best to be helpful but even a saint would have lost it at this point giving the same answers to the same questions 1000 times.  

If you're so offended, please cancel your order so that a more reasonable human being can get their Mavic sooner...

Of course they're asking the same "self centred questions", they've paid for a product with a promise delivery time and it's an extreme fail. They have the right to be annoyed at the situation and secondly how it's been handled.

You're an idiot.
2016-12-14
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

Got it!!! :-) Exactly 2 months and 4 days after ordering it. :-) Order in October 10- Received it on December 14. :-)
2016-12-14
Use props
Algan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116302 ft
Turkey

i ordered at 2 November, so it is my 7th week. what should i do if nothing happens next week?
2016-12-14
Use props
Greg Kingston
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 05:00

Ken - can you please feedback to whoever needs to hear this. It is clear that there is no line. Orders from mid-October are being fulfilled for the US whereas earlier orders for delivery to other regions are not.

There is no evident single line or order priority. Some clarity is required, even if it is the seemingly obvious 'there is a line per region' or 'some regions are being prioritised over others'.

Now that DJI has both taken money and missed its 7-8 week target I think an explanation is now overdue.
2016-12-14
Use props
cookiecutter
lvl.1
Australia

I've had my DJI drone stuck in customs for a couple of days now in Australia. First they told me to pay for the taxes, I proceeded to call DHL and tell them DJI should pay for it. Now after DJI paid for it customs asked for a proof of payment. So I sent my order details and proof of bank transaction etc. Hopefully they release it from customs soon So if anyone have similar problems make sure to call DHL or whatever shipping courier you have and tell them DJI is responsible for the taxes, and in additional send proof of payment.
2016-12-14
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

Extraordinary piece of equipment. Very well built. Very good design. Feels solid. Very small but heavy. Fantastic! :-)
2016-12-14
Use props
CarnageFPV
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fansb5bd62ba Posted at 2016-12-13 00:48
Quick question does anybody know how long the mavic will come after it says shipped on your order

mine said shipped on my order page yesterday (13th Dec) and DHL text says its due to arrive here at my house on Friday (16th Dec) so all in around 3 days
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules