Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

BarrabasOnAir Posted at 2016-12-14 06:52
Hi Ken, I will ask this even a thousand times, if that is necessary to get an answer.

How many orders did DJI get, how many items are currently produced, and when will you serve the German market. Waiting is okay, not getting to know boundaries for the estimated waiting times is not. And if you cannot answer this, then go to the people around you that can. This is not our job, it is yours. I am really upset.

If they want the amount of Mavics ordered known they will release that information.
Their is already many users from Germany who've posted here and other social media who've received their Mavics.
And there is an estimated time, it's a few months from when they started shipping if your order was placed before they started shipping.
2016-12-15
Use props
fans09e66c41
New

United States

just got notice my has shipped and will be here on 12/20. Order on 10/24 for deliver to Ohio.
2016-12-15
Use props
covisual
lvl.1

Colombia

It is a shame that the unexpected success of the Mavic is harming your prestigious brand.
2016-12-15
Use props
fans370bf225
lvl.1
United States

Got my shipping notice today ordered 10-29-16  18:30. Will see it by next week awesome!
2016-12-15
Use props
Buizerd
lvl.1

Netherlands

covisual Posted at 2016-12-15 17:02
It is a shame that the unexpected success of the Mavic is harming your prestigious brand.

It's like everybody is hungry and crowding the best hamburger stand. Sure, we could all go eat somewhere else, but we value a quality meal.
2016-12-15
Use props
fanse24ec142
lvl.2

Germany

Just to let everyone know who ordered from mainland Europe, in particular from Germany: I got my shipping info today for my order of a magic pro, a spare battery and a set of props.

Ordered everything directly from the DJI shop on 2016/10/30, estimated delivery by DHL is 2016/12/20

2016-12-15
Use props
JDG
lvl.1

Jamaica

It's not over until it's over....

My Mavic shipped at the beginning of the month to the wrong zipcode.  

FEDEX returned it to DJI in Carson, CA on Dec. 7th.  I've spent the last week plus now trying to get it reshipped with no luck.

The folks that manage the RMA process work in the same building and have tried to help.

The Pre-Sales support people send emails to "somewhere" asking "someone" to help.

And yet, there is no progress.

It's been over three months since DJI took my money for this drone!!!

DJI, I have a suggestion.  

Call Bobby (he signed for the package) in the warehouse and ask him to reship my drone ASAP to the proper zipcode - 10580.

It's not that hard....
2016-12-15
Use props
CK+N
lvl.1

United States

Ordered Oct. 31st and got my shipping notification today. Will arrive in 5 days.

waiting sucks.
2016-12-15
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

Buizerd Posted at 2016-12-15 11:32
It's like everybody is hungry and crowding the best hamburger stand. Sure, we could all go eat somewhere else, but we value a quality meal.

Except that the people don't value a quality meal enough to wait quietly while they make all the burgers.  The people are screaming at the person at the counter telling them that the burger stand owes them a burger yesterday.
2016-12-15
Use props
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

looks great to see so many shipping orders today! Just got delivery confirmation from Amazon.co.uk that my order is being delivered tomorrow.

You hear that DJI? Amazon changed my status from "Payment taken today, shipping today". You need some serious help on what i means to promise a customer an item and actually deliver it.

2016-12-15
Use props
dbgrn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661791 ft
United Kingdom

START Posted at 2016-12-15 17:58
looks great to see so many shipping orders today! Just got delivery confirmation from Amazon.co.uk that my order is being delivered tomorrow.

You hear that DJI? Amazon changed my status from "Payment taken today, shipping today". You need some serious help on what i means to promise a customer an item and actually deliver it.

It's great to hear of stock arriving through Amazon UK, even though I expect I still have a while to wait (ordered mine early November).
What date did you order from Amazon.co.uk?
2016-12-15
Use props
fans2fd6de89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61572 ft
United States

Just got a FEDEX shipping email from DJI that my Mavic Pro is shipping today from China...  I ordered it directly from DJI on Oct 26.   I should recieve it on Dec 20th.
2016-12-15
Use props
fans99a78e87
lvl.1

Ireland

Is there anyone from Ireland getting status shipped lately? Ordered 1st Nov from dji.com
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JDG Posted at 2016-12-15 10:15
It's not over until it's over....

My Mavic shipped at the beginning of the month to the wrong zipcode.  

What is your order ?
I will contact the repair facility and see what they can do.
Also, how has it been over three months since you've placed your order.
2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-15 11:42
Except that the people don't value a quality meal enough to wait quietly while they make all the burgers.  The people are screaming at the person at the counter telling them that the burger stand owes them a burger yesterday.

There's a big difference.  When I order a quality meal and it doesn't come out in what is generally considered to be a reasonable time there is usually a profuse apology by the person handling the order.

Then there's a visit from the manager who feels accountability and explains why it's late, what they've done to fix it, when I'll get my meal, and typically an offer to comp for the trouble.

This happens because the brand and the trust of the customer mean everything to the survival of the business.  Customers can get quality meals elsewhere, and he knows that they will.

In this case it's like a town with one five-star restaurant, a diner, and a dude at the side of the road selling pickles.  The restaurant doesn't feel the same sense of competition.

The issue here is there's no 'store front' for most people to go to, and there's no looming competitive threat.  There's no apologetic manager explaining that your steak is halfway done cooking and will be another 3 minutes.  There's an Internet forum with a couple of moderators who unfortunately take the brunt of the dissatisfied customers because there's nowhere else for them to go.  The poor customers didn't set it up this way and the poor moderators didn't set it up this way.
2016-12-15
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-15 14:23
There's a big difference.  When I order a quality meal and it doesn't come out in what is generally considered to be a reasonable time there is usually a profuse apology by the person handling the order.

Then there's a visit from the manager who feels accountability and explains why it's late, what they've done to fix it, when I'll get my meal, and typically an offer to comp for the trouble.

Well the original analogy that I responded to was referring to a burger stand.  I don't know what burger stands you've been going to but your experience isn't super common at fast food joint.  Maybe you get an apology but sometimes not even that.

Your alternate analogy of the town with the 5-star restaurant is more apt, but again my response was only to the person comparing this to a burger stand.

All that said, as I've pointed out multiple times, it is ultimately all of us customers (myself included!) who are allowing and even encouraging this behavior from DJI.  I also hope another company comes up with something competitive but as it stands there doesn't seem to be anything even close.  Maybe Yuneec will do something but they are such a young company chances are they would have the same issues DJI is having now.
2016-12-15
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Greg Kingston Posted at 2016-12-15 19:51
Did you even read the points I'd raised? Clearly not - too busy shouting and distracting from the evidence that DJI's handling of this issue has been both poor and misleading and that they continue to ignore their customers' demands for greater clarity and information.

Within the !N!E!X!T! 7 to 8 weeks not 7 to 8 weeks from your order. Dji has not been deceptive you have decived yourself.

And if all units ordered before nov 3 are not delivered when 8 weeks has ended ... Guess what ? Dji still have not been deceptive "will do our best".

Whats the big problem ? What are you trying to achieve with your rants? Dji are aware you want it NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW ! THIS VERY SECOND OR YOU'LL CRY but you will get it when its ...ready ...grow up.

2016-12-15
Use props
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dbgrn Posted at 2016-12-15 18:01
It's great to hear of stock arriving through Amazon UK, even though I expect I still have a while to wait (ordered mine early November).
What date did you order from Amazon.co.uk?

Ordered 15th October full combo.

And yeah its great to hear, genuinely cant believe its taken so long but just glad it will arrive before my departure on 31st Dec.
2016-12-15
Use props
START
lvl.2

United Kingdom

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-15 19:48
Within the !N!E!X!T! 7 to 8 weeks not 7 to 8 weeks from your order. Dji has not been deceptive you have decived yourself.

And if all units ordered before nov 3 are not delivered when 8 weeks has ended ... Guess what ? Dji still have not been deceptive "will do our best".

I think you're translating a "rant" with a disgruntlement.

It doesnt matter if a company is aware of a want, no customer bought their product knowing it was going to take 6-8 weeks to arrive. No customer was aware that DJI were not going to fulfil pre-orders and not give any communication even when they were full aware they wouldnt meet the initial shipping date.

If you tell someone you will do something and take their money, they expect you to do it, whether its a product, a service (gas, electric, water), food or travel.

No company should act the way DJI did so i think you genuinely need to grow up if you feel its acceptable.
2016-12-15
Use props
Greg Kingston
lvl.1

United Kingdom

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-15 19:48

Calm down.

The point I have repeatedly been trying to make is that here on thee forums it has been repeatedly stated that orders were being fulfilled and shipped in order. But they're not. It is frustrating when you see an order fulfilled for another customer who ordered 10 days after you, and I'm by no means the worst. There are UK people with orders going back to the beginning of October whose orders have not yet been shipped. These are all orders direct from DJI, not via a reseller.
2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-15 13:42
Well the original analogy that I responded to was referring to a burger stand.  I don't know what burger stands you've been going to but your experience isn't super common at fast food joint.  Maybe you get an apology but sometimes not even that.

Your alternate analogy of the town with the 5-star restaurant is more apt, but again my response was only to the person comparing this to a burger stand.

Fair.  I've actually had decent service at burger stands and food trucks.  They go out of their way to apologize if things go wrong because they feel the competitive threat.

The reason I changed from burger stand is that we're talking quality food, and with DJI we're talking about a quality product.  They're at the top of the market when it comes to innovation, quality, and price point.  They're more 'Nobu' than 'Norm's Food Truck'.  And that generates certain expectations.
2016-12-15
Use props
dbgrn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661791 ft
United Kingdom

START Posted at 2016-12-15 20:02
Ordered 15th October full combo.

And yeah its great to hear, genuinely cant believe its taken so long but just glad it will arrive before my departure on 31st Dec.

Thanks for the info.
Make sure that you check the package carefully when it arrives... there are a couple of reviews on Amazon UK for the fly more combo claiming that they received the combo bits, but no drone!
2016-12-15
Use props
fansea208c25
lvl.1

Germany

Hey Guys,
my order date is getting closer to those who are getting their shipping info, (Orderd 11/03) but my order number isn't (004922....) Does anyone know the reason for that?
2016-12-15
Use props
fansea208c25
lvl.1

Germany

Myojin Posted at 2016-12-15 12:55
i've got yesterday my fourth blue dot too
but the Mavic combo. ordered at the 17.10.
AND also ship to Berlin

Wann wird sie denn geliefert?
2016-12-15
Use props
halfcab1981
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2657 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-16 03:17
What is your order ?
I will contact the repair facility and see what they can do.
Also, how has it been over three months since you've placed your order.

Hi again Ken, just looking for some reassurance. My retailer has informed me that DJI has told them there is another unforeseen delay due to material shortage with no other reason given. I have hear this now from a few sources. Please tell me you can confirm this is not true?
2016-12-15
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31539 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Finally got my 4th blue dot at the beginning of this week after 10 weeks of waiting! Ordered on the 4th of October from DJI.

The good news is that it is shipping with the second battery i ordered. DHL shipping and customs clearance was also super quick to New Zealand.

Now i just have to wait as the local courier struggles to deliver across town for the third day in a row.. spent all of yesterday waiting and called them twice to have them tell me it was in the van and would be with me by the end of day.. NZ Courier post are the absolute worst.
2016-12-15
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2016-12-15 15:25
Fair.  I've actually had decent service at burger stands and food trucks.  They go out of their way to apologize if things go wrong because they feel the competitive threat.

The reason I changed from burger stand is that we're talking quality food, and with DJI we're talking about a quality product.  They're at the top of the market when it comes to innovation, quality, and price point.  They're more 'Nobu' than 'Norm's Food Truck'.  And that generates certain expectations.

Totally agreed.  The thing is that typically a place like Nobu is run by a very experienced chef.  In this case, DJI has grown too big for their britches and apparently the demand caught them by surprise.  This problem is compounded by the fact that it is a company run by people with limited experience with appeasing a large customer base.  They have apologized (it's literally the first post of this thread) but beyond that I don't understand why people expect them to give away trade secrets (production/distribution capacity or issue specifics) and I don't know why people are expecting them to give everyone something for free (like DJI Refresh).  It would be really nice of them to do that, but they don't need to in order to retain customers and they know that.  I don't know how DJI normally handles shipping but I get the impression that (at least with FedEx/US orders) that DJI is providing some sort of priority-level shipping.  Again, not sure if they normally do that for free but I doubt it and that is costing them extra money.
2016-12-15
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-15 16:48
Hi again Ken, just looking for some reassurance. My retailer has informed me that DJI has told them there is another unforeseen delay due to material shortage with no other reason given. I have hear this now from a few sources. Please tell me you can confirm this is not true?

Even if he knows production details, no, he cannot confirm some rumor you heard.  If DJI is having another production delay, you will likely see another generic message stating that "wr have unfortunately ran into an issue on the production line".  Stop asking Ken.  He can't tell you even if he wanted to unless the company approved the message and if that were the case you would see an official message from them first.

Chill.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

halfcab1981 Posted at 2016-12-15 14:48

That is not the case, shipping is still in full swing.
Again, there's so many orders worldwide that shipments to all the dealers are still receiving them but in limited quantities.
2016-12-15
Use props
Myojin
lvl.1

Germany

fansea208c25 Posted at 2016-12-15 22:35
Wann wird sie denn geliefert?

Laut Lieferinformation am Montag, den 19.12.
2016-12-15
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-16 06:34
Totally agreed.  The thing is that typically a place like Nobu is run by a very experienced chef.  In this case, DJI has grown too big for their britches and apparently the demand caught them by surprise.  This problem is compounded by the fact that it is a company run by people with limited experience with appeasing a large customer base.  They have apologized (it's literally the first post of this thread) but beyond that I don't understand why people expect them to give away trade secrets (production/distribution capacity or issue specifics) and I don't know why people are expecting them to give everyone something for free (like DJI Refresh).  It would be really nice of them to do that, but they don't need to in order to retain customers and they know that.  I don't know how DJI normally handles shipping but I get the impression that (at least with FedEx/US orders) that DJI is providing some sort of priority-level shipping.  Again, not sure if they normally do that for free but I doubt it and that is costing them extra money.

Yes, in my case with DHL the service was super fast. I could track the order from China to Portugal all the way without problems. Lots of emails and SMS sent to me by DHL warning me about the coming of the order and the tracking number. :-)
2016-12-15
Use props
ChasD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435965 ft
United States

Myojin Posted at 2016-12-16 07:08
Laut Lieferinformation am Montag, den 19.12.

I ordered my Mavic Fly More Bundle on October 16, 2016 from Koozam,  an Amazon vendor that offered some extras at a decent price.   They have been very good by supply self initiated updates when they got info from DJI and also quickly answered some of my questions.  They stopped taking orders shortly after I put mine in because they saw the scope of the DJI delivery problem.  Here's what they sent me today:

Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to give you an update on the DJI Mavic you have ordered from us.

We had a total of 600+ Preorders in the beginning and we are down to 250 now, we already cleared more than half of our pre orders and we have just 250 orders left to fill, you are part of this 250 in our queue.

We are getting in as of today around 40-50 units a week of fly more combos and single mavic units combined.

We hope to get your Mavic to you as soon as possible, and we hope that you understand that these Mavics are extremely hard to get and that DJI can’t make them fast enough.

We hope you get your Mavic as soon as possible.

Customer Service Koozam Inc

Great company and I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.  They gave every opportunity for a full refund and threw in an SD Card for keeping the order on the books.  I'm hoping to hear something soon, butthey have no control over the supply problem.   It does however appear that the DJI Store orders have a delivery preference at this time.  Patience is a virtue and I'm hoping it pays off soon.
2016-12-15
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Portugal

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-12-16 07:20
Yes, in my case with DHL the service was super fast. I could track the order from China to Portugal all the way without problems. Lots of emails and SMS sent to me by DHL warning me about the coming of the order and the tracking number. :-)

This drone is really amazing. It's like a DSLR that can fly. Just imagine the number of persons who travel and wished that they could take along a drone, but didn't´t do it because of the big size of most quality drones. The number of people who do trekking, radical sports, etc that now can take a drone along with them. The number of professional and amateur photographers that now can add a drone to their gear and take it everywhere. And what about the news reporters that now can take a drone to report from air on location? This is really an amazing product. :-)
2016-12-15
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Portugal

Just for the interest I hope that when all this mess is over DJI could tell how many orders and pre-orders they received until November 3. :-) It must be an amazing number for sure. :-)
2016-12-15
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Portugal

Before the launch of the drone they were taking pre-orders. A pre-order means that you order a product that it not yet manufactured. When I placed my order the DJI website was not announcing the Mavic as pre-order, but as order with shipment beginning on October 15. I ordered October 10. Just after October 15 they changed the Mavic for pre-order and stock remind. This means that just after October 15 they run out of stock to fulfill the orders they where getting. Now the Mavic is still in pre-order and stock remind status wich means that if you order one now you are ordering something that is not yet manufactured. Unless they increase their power to assemble as many Mavics as they can, if the pre-orders continue to grow (as I expect they will due to the amazing product that the Mavic is) the waiting time will grow with time until the pre-orders start to diminish as time passes. :-) The problem with production, shippment and the backlog was so big that DJI was forced to stop offering the Mavic Combo and stood only whit the Mavic. :-)
2016-12-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2016-12-15 17:20

Pretty Cool.  UPS was something like this:
Day 1 - Carson
Day 2 - Left Carson
Day 3 - Nada
Day 4 - Nada
Day 5 - Nada
Day 6 - OUT FOR DELIVERY!!  GO GET IT BEFORE SOMEBODY STEALS IT FROM YOUR PORCH!!!!!
2016-12-15
Use props
fans01110887
lvl.1

Singapore

fans275a8c16 Posted at 2016-12-15 06:23
Good morning from GREECE
today is my birthday, I received  the fourth blue dot
snice gift !!!!!!!!!

http://When u ordered?  Ελλας κ εδω!
2016-12-15
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Portugal

I'm sure that it must have happened many times, but I don't remember any case like this with other products and other companies. It would be nice for DJI to release information about this to Universities and Management Schools because it is indeed a very interesting case study. I know that the marketing department is responsible to give the production department an estimate of the number of products to be manufactured according to the studies that they do within the market. In this case the marketing department must have failed with their predictions or because of the launch of the GoPro Karma they rushed the launch of the Mavic before they could stock enough drones to face the demand after the launch. It is natural that they rushed the launch of the Mavic to avoid losing market share to GoPro, but I believe that, if that is what happened, the marketing department made a mistake, because after the launch of the Karma, they should have understood that the Karma was a product less embracing then the Mavic. Yes they could lose a bit of market share but soon after they launched the Mavic they would recover that share fast enough. The Mavic is a more universal product that the Karma is, or was. It is far more attractive to a more large universe of potential clients than the Karma. The only thing that they must pay attention in the future, is the trend that begun with Yuneec and then with Gopro, of offering a system to record in air and also on the ground with a gimbal that is interchangeable between the air and the ground. I know that DJI offers the Osmo that is very good but is a different system for the ground only. The marketing department should soon start to study a solution that covers ground and air in one single product, even if that is a risk of canabalization of the Osmo. :-)
2016-12-15
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Just re-read the announcement "Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.", the key point was "will do our best"... I'm hitting 8 weeks next week, ordered on 27/OCT/2016... doubt DJI will deliver.
2016-12-15
Use props
damstr666
New

United States

Just ordered today. They say 4-6 weeks but I don't see that even being close. Fly More + DJI Care Refresh.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules