Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Response from DJI after a chargeback
3334 10 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

It took a chargeback from my credit card company to finally get a response from DJI. My previous attempts were futile.

Here's their email response AFTER I filed a chargeback:

On Nov 3, 2016, at 2:42 AM, onlinepayment <onlinepayment@dji.com> wrote:
Dear XXXXXX,
Thanks for your order with DJI. We have received your chargeback request from your issuing bank. As your order hasn’t been shipped out, we can help cancel the order and refund you. However, we would appreciate that you could keep the order and revoke the chargeback case with your issuing bank.
Look forward to your reply.
Thank you for your kind understanding and patience.
Thank you and  best regards!
Online Payment Support3: [url=mailtonlinepayment@dji.com]onlinepayment@dji.com[/url]
Online     Sales   Support: [url=mailtonlinesales@dji.com]onlinesales@dji.com[/url]
Company aJiang Innovation Co.Ltd ( DJI )
Address: 14th Floor, West Wing, Skyworth Semiconductor Design Building, No.18 Gaoxin South 4th Ave, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China, 518057.

Bye Felicia!!!

2016-11-3
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

Wait, does this mean that you'll get your drone for free o-O?
2016-11-3
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

EpicLPer Posted at 2016-11-3 11:15
Wait, does this mean that you'll get your drone for free o-O?

LOL! I will never ever buy anything direct through DJI.
2016-11-3
Use props
brightlights200
lvl.1

No what it means is that it puts a small black mark on their account & they don't want thousands more doing similar & then the bean counters in the big Banks having words with them. So they would rather refund you themselves than show the issues they are having as none of the major Banks will be reading these forums or FB etc.
2016-11-3
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

I suggest to not cancel the charge-back until you received your (full) money back, you risk to loose money in the conversion.
So first have your money back, make sure they are available on your account, and only then cancel the charge-back.
2016-11-3
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-3 12:30
I suggest to not cancel the charge-back until you received your (full) money back, you risk to loose ...

My credit card company does not charge foreign transaction fees. It's a great card with excellent customer service and support! (Chase Sapphire Preferred)I rather have DJI go through the hassle of dealing with my bank, they deserve some pain for the mess they themselves created, especially since my emails went unasnwered, trust me it wasn't for lack of trying.

FYI and yes no way I am cancelling the chargeback. They never shipped the product! And now they are saying 7-8 weeks! I ordered on Sept. 29th. Oh hell NO!
2016-11-3
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

It's not the transaction fees, but the cancellation fees and the currency conversion. In general it's better to have the money back and then cancel whatever need to be cancel.. at least that's what I always did. I don't trust people except myself... sometime neither myself.
2016-11-3
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-3 12:46
It's not the transaction fees, but the cancellation fees and the currency conversion. In general it' ...

Indeed. I can only imagine if being hit with extra fees for something you never received. This whole experience  has been such a disaster. Never again!
2016-11-3
Use props
mike19
New

United States

I tried email and chat to cancel my order.  4 minutes after raising a paypal dispute the order was refunded. Of course paypal take 4days to give me my money back...
2016-11-3
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

mike19 Posted at 2016-11-3 13:28
I tried email and chat to cancel my order.  4 minutes after raising a paypal dispute the order was r ...

I think that's their strategy, don't respond in hopes that you don't cancel. When they get hit with a dispute (which jeopardizes their merchant account standing, as the more charge backs you get the higher your transaction fees) that's when they start being responsive. I have never dealt with a more unethical company in my life!
2016-11-3
Use props
twasnow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73783 ft
Canada

DJI is currently denying they offered a free battery with the mavic mini fly more combo during fathers day.

Coincidentally they also only sent two batteries with the fly more package, so now I'm out two batteries and keep getting the run around.

Charge back time,

This company is worse than most Alibaba manufacturer/sellers.
2020-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules