DJI Care Refresh Questions?
1294 2 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BaseOutdoorsNZ
lvl.1

New Zealand

I wonder if anyone here can help with a couple of questions regarding DJI Care Refresh? I have tried emailing DJI customer support and just got an email back with a link to the care refresh page on their website which doesn't answer these questions (as far as I can see anyway)..

All DJI support staff on the forum here recommend buying the care refresh cover with the Mavic, I am located in New Zealand and this is not available here.
The cover is available for purchase in Australia however. So my questions are:

I have purchased my Mavic through and New Zealand reseller (not received yet), can I purchase the care refresh cover in Australia for my Mavic purchased in NZ?
I realise that I would need to send it to and DJI service address in Australia in the event of a claim (at my cost) and they would only cover the freight to send it
back to me to an Australian address. That part does not worry me as I have friends in Aus that I could have it sent to and also travel there often.

My main concern is that if I buy the cover and then when trying to make a claim it is denied because the Mavic was purchased in NZ?
Are there any other issues with this idea that I haven't mentioned here that might make it unworkable?

Any help with this would be appreciated before I make this purchase :-)

2016-11-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I thought I heard someone from Oz say they won't have cover in Oz, could be wrong, I would think if your flying in Oz and they have cover there, you should be able to get it, but if you crash in NZ they will know so you won't have cover.
On another point if you don't have cover it will probably cost $ 450 to replace .
Worked our
You still have RC
you should still have battery.
Battery cost 100
Care cost plus replacement 250
RC COST 300
so you will only have to buy drone
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you would be totally fine BUT email djicare@dji.com for a official response.

As long as you ship it to your friends house in Australia, then the shipping label goes to them. They send it in for repair/exchange and sent it back to them then they send it to you. Doesn't sound like an issue to me.

When you email them you can also ask if they plan on adding New Zealand, and if they ever did then your shipping is covered.
2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules