Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flight record bug in DJI Go? (3.0.2)
1756 20 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The latest refresh of DJI Go may have an issue with flight database synchronization. I have ~560 flights logged in and the most recent flights which had good GPS lock are now 'No GPS' and 'manual' flights. The data underlying the records seem to have disappeared in that when the playback button is touched, there is no movement.

I clicked on a few adjacent flights and the problem propagated to more records. Only when I went about 10 or so records down did the 'No GPS' flag disappear. When I resynched on an older device, some of the previously intact flights got corrupted. Others started off as corrupted but got 'repaired'.
Further synching caused random loss of flights (recent ones). The latest synch indicates I have lost around 10 flights.
I have multiple iOS devices (am migrating my iphone) and have several aircraft to synch. iOS 10.1.1 on all devices

The problem started on Nov 3rd - Any solutions? suggestions.

2016-11-3
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Looks like DJI has done it again.  Some of My records have disappeared and "no gps" appears on several.
Thanx!
2016-11-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Movin on Posted at 2016-11-4 11:01
Looks like DJI has done it again.  Some of My records have disappeared and "no gps" appears on sever ...

Thanks. I think they have a rollback system that preserves data so while its annoying , I don't think the records are really lost. But they do need to fix it.

Do you have multiple aircraft and devices? This might help them diagnose the fault.
2016-11-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

MTC, I did a roll back to my backup and now the ipad is seeing all of the records correctly again.

I was running 2.92 but when I updated the iOS to 10.11 it changed all of my settings and updated the Apps too... I was pissed. I always have my auto updates turned off on my devices and Apple reset these things without me knowing it until it was to late.

Anyway, now I cannot go back to the older Go App and stuck with 3.02
Rich
2016-11-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-4 13:51
MTC, I did a roll back to my backup and now the ipad is seeing all of the records correctly again.

Rich,

Why don't you open up another thread on this topic. Your posts get lots of traffic esp from stateside readers. Ken / Mindy need to alert the Go team about this issue.

Mike
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mike, could you please try to sync the flight records again?
And reinstall the app then sync it again.
Please let me know if this helps.
2016-11-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-4 14:39
Hi Mike, could you please try to sync the flight records again?
And reinstall the app then sync it a ...

I have synched several times on the same device (call this Device A) where I spotted the problem.
1). If you don't do anything, you won't notice a problem. The summary display looks fine. However, when you tap on some recent flights, the screen changes to a 'No GPS' screen and when you get out of that screen, the record on the summary screen is changed.
2) When the latter occurs, the flight distance is set to the flight distance of the first 'failed' record and the flight time is set to zero. This is cloned across all the mutated records that one clicks on and subsequently corrupts.
3) Upon synching with another device (call this Device B)  that originally did NOT have this problem, and then back to Device A, some of the records are restored but other errors cropped up. After two rounds of re-sycnhing, about 10 flights have disappeared from the 'summary screen'.

I have not tried to delete the program and re-install as that will entail a loss of some of the video proxy files. I know how to take those off and put them back in but that takes time and trouble. Maybe later.  Meanwhile, as other people are noticing this bug, I suggest you get the engineers to work on the problem.
2016-11-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-4 15:30
I have synched several times on the same device (call this Device A) where I spotted the problem.  ...

Could you please provide me with your DJI account email?
I'll help to check it from our end.
By the way, it's all fine with your Device B, right?
Could you please clarify the model of your Device A and B?
2016-11-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-4 15:35
By th ...

can I write you email?
Device B is messed up as well but not as badly. Device A is an iPhone7 plus and B is a 6plus.
2016-11-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-3 23:14
Rich,

Why don't you open up another thread on this topic. Your posts get lots of traffic esp from ...

Sorry you are still having trouble and by the sounds of it... it was worse than my problem. I only had 2 flights that it said no GPS and the flight records were messed up. After taking the device back (backup restore file) everything is working correctly and all of my records are showing correctly too. Now this was only 2 flight records that were messed up. It happened on Tuesday about the same time DJI was messing around with their servers.

I didn't think to much about it because Apple also released the iOS update 10.1.1 and I just thought it was because of this...

I do not think I will start another thread on the iOS update, I think it is to late for that now.

Rich
2016-11-4
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Phantom pilots got this issue too DJI GO Version 3.0.2 Issue, IOS DJI Go 3.0.2
2016-11-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2016-11-5 01:41
Phantom pilots got this issue too DJI GO Version 3.0.2 Issue, IOS DJI Go 3.0.2

Thanks. I fly one of each of DJI's different aircraft so I qualify as a Phantom pilot too. The last flights were on a Mavic. So this is aircraft independent.
2016-11-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-4 17:11
Thanks. I fly one of each of DJI's different aircraft so I qualify as a Phantom pilot too. The las ...

MTC

You got your new Mavic (lucky dog).. Could you tell us about how you like it?  I ordered mine on the first preorder day and still waiting for a ship date

Thanks man
Rich
2016-11-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

The Mavic is worth the wait as I posted on the Mavic page. Its small, incredibly light but has a solid feel and is an engineering marvel. It flies steady and swiftly. Image quality is comparable to a P4. The images are sharp but remember to tap focus. I forgot on the first flight! It seems that the low light performance is comparable if not better on the stills. I prefer the narrower FOV compared to the P4 - its like comparing the 12 and 15mm on the Inspire platform. Have not been flying it much as its raining quite a bit.

An unexpected bonus is that if you fold down the craft and turn of Wifi mode, you have an Osmo X3/ Mobile that frankly, is nicer to hold than the stick and less cumbersome to carry. DJI needs to figure how to integrate audio and build a little mount on top of the aircraft to put a smartphone and there you have it! The little bag they made for the kit is just perfect.

The P4 is sturdier and easier to hand catch than the Mavic, flies a little faster and I think it will retain its place in the DJI fleet. The Mavic is like a street photography camera and will transform candid stabilised videography even when you can't fly. It will transform video journalism in ways the Osmo has not.
2016-11-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-4 15:35
By th ...

Hi Mindy,

Overnight, the records on Device B mysteriously repaired themselves and absorbed the new flights collected on Device A.  Device A continued to show 10 fewer flights but overnight, some of the 'No GPS' labels disappeared. They reappeared when I shut down and restarted the iPhone.

I then flew a new flight on the P4 using Device B so that it would be the new 'reference' database. Then I re-synched the records on Device A and apart from the second and third flight showing 'Map Loading' (they were fine yesterday), the 'lost' flight records have been restored.

I would like you to PM me for further details as there is some private information I do not wish to make public. Thanks.
2016-11-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-4 19:21
The Mavic is worth the wait as I posted on the Mavic page. Its small, incredibly light but has a sol ...

Thanks Mike... I cant wait to get mine to fly. I saw the youtube video showing the hand held stabilized camera idea and he was using the controller with the iPhone installed.

I have looked on the Mavic section from time to time (I see Ken is there a lot).... but do not have anything to share yet

Rich
2016-11-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-4 19:30
Hi Mindy,

Overnight, the records on Device B mysteriously repaired themselves and absorbed the ne ...

MTC

I have seen this before when DJI changed the GO App. The Map loading error was stuck and the records would not update either. I think they did sometime on the server side last time also.

Rich
2016-11-4
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Time, patience and perseverance wins again.
2016-11-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-5 12:56
MTC

I have seen this before when DJI changed the GO App. The Map loading error was stuck and the  ...

Yep, probably something on the server side. Its creepy how the records change on the app from relaunch of app to relaunch of app.

Glad this is sorted out now.
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-5 10:30
Hi Mindy,

Overnight, the records on Device B mysteriously repaired themselves and absorbed the ne ...

Sorry Mike, there's no PM function in the forum.
I can check your forum account email. Can we contact you via that email address?
2016-11-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-6 11:36
Sorry Mike, there's no PM function in the forum.
I can check your forum account email. Can we cont ...

Yes of course.
2016-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules