Possible alternative reason for shipping delays....
1118 3 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Incident
lvl.1

United States

Hi All,
First post here...so a bit about me. Never owned a drone yet, but I have almost ordered the Phantom 3, then waited and almost ordered the Phanton 4...then saw the Karma...and wow...the Mavic!! Placed my order the day after the announcement, hoping for a shipment on the 15th of October...then nothing. Then I cancelled my order (something about owing my CC company $1299 before any shipping notice just didn't sit well with me). Still planning to get a Mavic, but the waiting game just sucks.

Anyway, there has been so much discussion about the delays, and then the apology yesterday from DJI about too many orders, production line issues, etc., etc. All sound feasible, some more likely that others, but I wonder if the real reason for the delay has more to do with software issues that any production issues.

Starting to see more and more talk about crashes and odd behavior from the Mavic. So why do I suppose the software is the root of the delay issues?

It will cost DJI a ton more money  fixing a bunch of broken Mavics, or replacing broken Mavics if they  release a flawed product than it will cost them to simply sit on  inventory until the software catches up. They have our (your) money  already, so the cash is there. I would guess DJI is sitting on piles of Mavics that need software updates, but that software is simply not clean yet. Once they can release a fairly more reliable software build that will reduce the number of fatal crashes, the flood gates will likely open, but until that time it seems like the downside of product shipment delays are easier to explain away than the downside of 1000's upon 1000's of crashed Mavics due to faulty software.

Hoping to see the Mavic sooner than later, but also want a reliable product that delivers on the vision that DJI has for the Mavic.

2016-11-3
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

With so many Mavic's arriving with verified flaws, I would say you're pretty much on the money that problems ramping up manufacturing to meet demand is definitely not the main issue.
2016-11-3
Use props
hashtag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1716 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-11-4
Use props
hashtag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1716 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic shipping confirmed by both DJi and DHL. Will be getting it on Wednesday the 9th.
2016-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules