ActiveTrack question regarding DJI Mavic
594 0 2016-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hWppkfgpB26u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23645 ft

Hey there,  

This is probably answered somewhered, but I want to make sure I understand correctly as I have been very curious.  

According to https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... new-mavic-pro-drone,
there is the following excerpt:

"An updated version of DJI’s ActiveTrack recognizes common subjects such as people, bicyclists, cars, boats and animals, which then sends Mavic Pro to follow behind, lead in front, circle above or track alongside the subject, keeping the camera focused on the subject while you concentrate on flight maneuvers. The new Terrain Follow mode means that you can race up a slope behind a subject while remaining at a constant height between 1 ft (0.3 m) and 33 ft (10 m)."

My question is can I allow the drone to have complete control over keeping the object nearby and in focus, meaning it follows closely and also keeps the camera focused on the subject.  It seems to suggest here that it can do that, but also allows me to control the flight path as well if I wish.  My question is asked because I might like to attempt doing certain things like riding my bike and having the drone follow me and keep me in focus with nobody else being there to control it.  Is this possible?  Am I understanding correctly?  I just got mixed feelings from this because it seems to say that I can control the flight maneuvers while the first sentence states that the software feature sends the drone to follow automatically... I'm just trying to understand the full capabilities of the autonomy a little better.

Thank you very much for any help!  Sorry if this is an obvious question. I'm sure it's somewhere, but I haven't found it after spending some minutes looking.

[ANSWER]
I didn't know how to delete this post, but here is the answer.  It's basically true that you can control it while it does keep the camera in focus or you can allow it to do the full control.  Here is an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiAL8hMccdc

2016-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules