Paypal-dispute, DJI wants me to close it to refund my money
8850 91 2016-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 10:32
Yes, all you have to do is email  and give them your order# and request to cancel and you get your ...

Ken, this is false information.

I cancelled my order 7 days ago and have not received a refund. I don't know if I ever will because I'm getting no response. 7 days (5 of them normal work week days) is plenty of time for someone to process a cancellation and refund for a product I purchased that never left the factory and likely has not even been manufactured yet.

I'm at a point where I care absolutely nothing about the Mavic, how awesome it is, its problems, its delays, what have you.

The only thing that matters is DJI has been in possession of $1000 of my earned income for 7 days with no intent to deliver a product. That money should have been in my account 5 days ago, 4 at the latest.

If you want to earn any credibility or respect, stop playing the role of "Baghdad Bob".

2016-11-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

XDfh2UKILeWX Posted at 2016-11-6 05:42
Ken, this is false information.

I cancelled my order 7 days ago and have not received a refund. I  ...

I can assure you if you cancel your order DJI has no interest in keeping your money. What is your order# and I'll send a message.
2016-11-5
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-6 08:54
I can assure you if you cancel your order DJI has no interest in keeping your money. What is your  ...

Whether or not DJI has an interest in keeping my money is of no relevance. Yes, it is unlikely they are actively and knowingly working to retain my money after I have cancelled.

What is likely is that my money has not been returned to me due to the same negligence and ineptitude present in handling order cancellations as was present in taking the orders.

My order number is 001199079172. I can appreciate that you are not the cause of any of these problems. What I cannot appreciate is your defense of DJI in light of overwhelming evidence of failures, mistakes, and the fact that they are treating customers extremely poorly.
2016-11-5
Use props
agonz
lvl.1

Netherlands

"What is likely is that my money has not been returned to me due to the same negligence and ineptitude present in handling order cancellations as was present in taking the orders."

Beautiful!
2016-11-10
Use props
fans9bd72d1f
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 09:22
That is not how it works, since you filed a dispute instead of contacting DJI directly to cancel your order they need you to close the dispute then they can refund your money.
If you keep the dispute open, then Paypal will refund your money after the dispute is closed.
Either way, you will get your refund in a timely manner. It just would have been a lot faster if you would have done it directly through DJI.

nothing happens faster thru DJI
2017-2-1
Use props
fans9bd72d1f
lvl.1

United States

After a month of run around from DJI about my Mavic order I filed a dispute with Paypal requesting my mavic or at least a tracking number. Now DJI says they won't ship it because I filed a dispute! Are you F'ing kidding me? They weren't shipping it anyhow! So now they want me to close the dispute or they are going to hold my Mavic hostage or something. No way! Im getting a refund and buying from Yuneec
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans9bd72d1f Posted at 2017-2-1 20:57
After a month of run around from DJI about my Mavic order I filed a dispute with Paypal requesting my mavic or at least a tracking number. Now DJI says they won't ship it because I filed a dispute! Are you F'ing kidding me? They weren't shipping it anyhow! So now they want me to close the dispute or they are going to hold my Mavic hostage or something. No way! Im getting a refund and buying from Yuneec

If you file a dispute they are not going to ship you anything.
They will just refund you.
What is your order# and I'll send a request to get your refund.
2017-2-2
Use props
fans9bd72d1f
lvl.1

United States

0016986480724. why don't they just do what the dispute ask for and send me a tracking number? Can you see where customers feel forced to dispute transactions when they keep getting promised an item they paid for and nothing happens?
2017-2-3
Use props
fans9bd72d1f
lvl.1

United States

Same thing here, they literally want to hold my order hostage until I drop the dispute. Not happening
2017-2-3
Use props
fans9bd72d1f
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 09:22
That is not how it works, since you filed a dispute instead of contacting DJI directly to cancel your order they need you to close the dispute then they can refund your money.
If you keep the dispute open, then Paypal will refund your money after the dispute is closed.
Either way, you will get your refund in a timely manner. It just would have been a lot faster if you would have done it directly through DJI.

Instead of contact DJI directly? I did that every dat for 2 weeks and got empty promises. What a way to treat customers.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans9bd72d1f Posted at 2017-2-3 05:32
Same thing here, they literally want to hold my order hostage until I drop the dispute. Not happening

I sent an inquiry, I'll ask about a refund for you.
2017-2-3
Use props
Chadray0602
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319885 ft
United States

I’m almost happy to find this thread. I ordered a DJI mini abd had it 1 month abd it flew away. I have the video of the flight still if anyone would like to see and they blamed me when clearly the drone malfunctioned. I waited abd finally decided to give the mini 2 a shot as I couldn't find any real concern with fly always. This mini 2 was trouble from day 1. Calling, making repair orders, only to receive calls from DJI to try and solve the issue by giving this abd the next idea a try. I bought care refresh and After a month of— Having a battery melt in the charger hub, along with gps issues, not recognizing batteries, and critical error 30064, I said I was going to see what PayPal says.  DJI kept no notes and always asked me for a case ID when I was never assigned any with numerous calls and contact but luckily I started recording phonecalls and screenshooting everything after seeing their pattern . Saikaron LLC the seller apparantly used with DJI store has yet to respond
2021-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules