Paypal-dispute, DJI wants me to close it to refund my money
123Next >
8863 91 2016-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

I also have a dispute open with paypal after my magic showed up with a Camera that won't focus and after hours on tech support they never sent me the return shipping label a week later. http://forum.dji.com/thread-70493-1-1.html
2016-11-4
Use props
fansd1bad2d8
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-4
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd1bad2d8 Posted at 2016-11-4 17:40
Actually many don't know but in some states here in the US it's illegal to charge a person and take ...

There is no such law anywhere in the United States. Not surprising of course.  In reality there are federal laws that protect credit card charges, but it is protecting you from NOT getting a refund when your product doesn't ship.  If you don't want a refund, no issue exists.  

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandise-you-never-received

Please, you clearly don't want a Mavic.  You only post lies.  Now, they are so far fetched, even though nobody believes them, they're still lies.  Please stop posting here.  This forum is to help people, not lie to them.  That's not helpful.

I can't post to my law library unless you have a membership, so these links will have to do.  Below is a link to the most recent public list of consumer protection laws in TN.

http://www.kevinsnider.com/images/ConsumerBook-2003-2.pdf
2016-11-4
Use props
fans74db5aff
lvl.1

United States

If DJI eventually does start charging on shipment like most reputable companies do, I have a feeling we won't be seeing these sort of delays on future product launches. Nothing lights a fire under asses more than money, or absence thereof.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansf29a9bd8
Banned

United States

2016-11-4
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansf29a9bd8 Posted at 2016-11-4 17:52
Absolutely correct. It appears to be illegal in a number of states and DJI is acting at the least, u ...

I just provided evidence to the contrary.  Please post a link to the law you are referring to.
2016-11-4
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans74db5aff Posted at 2016-11-4 18:03
From the link you posted:

"By law, a seller should ship your order within the time stated in its a ...

Right.  What about it?
Edit - Oh, Lol, I see - You must be new to the conversation.  The post was that it was illegal to charge someone before shipping the item.  You are linking to something that doesn't even discuss that.

So, switching gears as you are now talking about a completely different matter.  As DJI provides you an option to refund at any time, it takes care of all of that language.  That act is specifically designed to get your money back.  Also, DJI never promised a shipping date, which is required to activate any of that protection.  

Beyond that, you are referencing exchange rates.  DJI does not charge you to get a refund.
2016-11-4
Use props
bbkinglives
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

Oh Hi again DJI-metho007? Can you please admit your affiliation with DJI?
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

fans74db5aff Posted at 2016-11-5 07:03
From the link you posted:

"By law, a seller should ship your order within the time stated in its a ...

Please do not post incorrect information, this post is being deleted.
DJI does NOT charge any kind of cancellation fee. If you are charged a fee it's charged by your bank for the exchange rate fee.  
This has nothing to do with DJI and if this fee is charged then you need to contact your bank for the fee refund.
2016-11-4
Use props
Mac_A_Roll
lvl.2

United States

How is everyones Day today?
2016-11-4
Use props
fansd1bad2d8
Banned

2016-11-4
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd1bad2d8 Posted at 2016-11-4 18:18
Let me correct this, a merchant can not lawfully and willfully charge your CC for a purchase of an  ...

That isn't actual evidence, you're just saying that.  Link to the law.  Remember how you want proof that the hoax email was not a hoax?  Same thing.  Please provide proof.

There is NO SUCH LAW that says you cannot be charged for a product before its ready to ship.  Period.
2016-11-4
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mac_A_Roll Posted at 2016-11-4 18:18

You, sir, get the award for most awesome entry.  10 of 10.  
2016-11-4
Use props
fans74db5aff
lvl.1

United States

"Also, DJI never promised a shipping date"

It doesn't have to be a contract written in blood to qualify as a promise.
2016-11-4
Use props
method007
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans74db5aff Posted at 2016-11-4 18:22
"Also, DJI never promised a shipping date"

You're splitting hairs.  The entire protection action is to acquire a refund.  Don't like the delay?  Get a refund. Beyond that, the act doesn't make it illegal anyway, it just gives you ground to sue to get your money back.  It doesn't even provide for damages.  The act was to prevent people from scaming other people.  It absolutely was not designed to cause problems for a company who believed they would ship products on 10/15, but ran into issues.  It's not even remotely designed to address that.  That's just called business.

So, as I said, it is not illegal to charge someone at the time of the sale on a pre-order.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Mac_A_Roll Posted at 2016-11-5 07:18

That's pretty funny, to be safe you might want to think about changing it.
I wonder if they'll let you keep that.
2016-11-4
Use props
Mac_A_Roll
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 19:50
That's pretty funny, to be safe you might want to think about changing it.
I wonder if they'll let ...

changing what?!
2016-11-4
Use props
RAVEN7
lvl.2
United States

your avatar!
2016-11-4
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

I just want to know if anyone can confirm that DJI is giving refunds in full and not tacking on that crap $50 currency exchange fee.  If that was the case then yes, I would be more inclined to seek resolution from Paypal or my credit card company than to be stuck with a $50 charge for nothign.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

colonel00 Posted at 2016-11-5 07:59
I just want to know if anyone can confirm that DJI is giving refunds in full and not tacking on that ...

Yes, DJI has nothing to do with your bank charging a $50 exchange rate fee.
You have to contact your bank for the $50 refund.
2016-11-4
Use props
Z1uKtCi5N1Ix
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 07:13
Please do not post incorrect information, this post is being deleted.
DJI does NOT charge any kind ...

This wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for DJI pre charging credit cards before shipping. Also, people are going to PayPal to open a claim because it has NOT been faster to refund through DJI.
2016-11-4
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 08:00
You have to contact yo ...

Thanks.  I guess I'm confused on why "my bank" would be charging this fee.  

Regardless, why would I want to lose $50 getting a "full" refund when I could open a dispute for the failure to deliver the purchased product?

I'm just trying to understand the dynamics here as there are a lot of threads with conflicting information.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Z1uKtCi5N1Ix Posted at 2016-11-5 08:06
This wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for DJI pre charging credit cards before shipping. Also, p ...

That's the way it's been for a long long time. Who knows, maybe it's time for a change and DJI said in the newsletter that they are "examining potential alternatives"
I've seen where direct refunds are twice as fast as Paypal disputes.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

colonel00 Posted at 2016-11-5 08:12
Thanks.  I guess I'm confused on why "my bank" would be charging this fee.  

Regardless, why woul ...

You are not losing $50, you just have to talk t the bank to have it refunded as the order was cancelled.
But if using PayPal and filing a dispute sounds easier to you, then do whichever you feel works best for you.
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

I've been asked to ask you to change your avatar.
Thank you.
2016-11-4
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 03:24
Correct, every cancellation bumps you up one spot.

I wish all these people cancel so my order could bump up man that way I will be closer to getting mine soon. PLEASE PEOPLE CANCEL IF YOU CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER AND TO THOSE WITH ORDERS ON RESELLERS ALSO CANCEL THEM ALL SOME OF YOU HAVE SEVERAL ORDERS ONLINE PLEASE CANCEL AND KEEP ONE IF YOU REALLY WANT ONE IF NOT CANCEL THEM ALL.
2016-11-4
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 01:00
You have to contact yo ...

I'm not sure why you are giving wrong information for the second time... but, anyway... there's no such $50 whatever for a refund when you paid with Paypal and when you ask to be refunded.

If DJI press that magic button called "Refund this transaction" the FULL AMOUNT = the whole money = the exact amount paid by the customer = the zig zag bang eurobahtdollars paid by that guy ... will be refunded to the purchaser with no transaction fees on both parties, neither on DJI side, neither on the customer part.

Again, there's no need to make things complex.. there's only a button to push... and even if there's a dispute opened, it still a simple button to push (the refund will be issued, the dispute will be closed and none will pay the fees).

Why make the things complex, when it's so easy? Paypal is awesome for the customer (and a nightmare for the seller who wanna play "smart") for that reason: there's no way to escape (unless you want to disappear from the e-commerce world).
2016-11-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

giusis00 Posted at 2016-11-5 10:06
I'm not sure why you are giving wrong information for the second time... but, anyway... there's no ...

Yes, all you have to do is email onlinesales@dji.com and give them your order# and request to cancel and you get your refund.
2016-11-4
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 03:32
Yes, all you have to do is email  and give them your order# and request to cancel and you get your ...

Indeed... that's what I recommended to do as well to avoid further issues, but there's people opening a claim because they received no answers from their refund requests, but got some attention only when they opened a dispute (see the other threads). There's also the other question about those $50 ... if DJI is using the Paypal refund there should be no charge at all to the customer, in reality there should be no charge in any circumstances for a canceled order: it's not legal to charge for something that hasn't been shipped at all (you can't charge for handling costs or fees or anything like this).
2016-11-4
Use props
BAMBOOYA
lvl.1

Taiwan

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 03:24
Correct, every cancellation bumps you up one spot.

How can it bump you up one spot when you don't even know when Sept preorders are being shipped? DJI drone leader but outta touch with realty. AMAZING!
2016-11-5
Use props
fansd2e22cbc
lvl.3

China

I use PayPal a lot for my business and it is irritating when buyers jump the gun and open a dispute without even contacting you first. But when a dispute is open there is several options available to the seller, one being to issue a refund and then the case is settled. PayPal policy on this isn't that clear but I believe if this is a low percentage of your transactions there is not effect on your account, but if you receive a lot of disputes and even if they are all settled with refunds this can create red flags and have a negative effect on your seller status.
I don't see why people are paying currency conversion fees unless your paying in an obscure currency or the exchange rate has changed considerably since you paid.
2016-11-5
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 02:32
Yes, all you have to do is email  and give them your order# and request to cancel and you get your ...

Ken, you may or may not be aware that Mac_A_Roll Avatar Picture is one of DJI employees from the video of the Inspire factory.

Its not right that some one is using it like this really.
2016-11-5
Use props
giusis00
lvl.2

Italy

fansd2e22cbc Posted at 2016-11-5 11:22
I use PayPal a lot for my business and it is irritating when buyers jump the gun and open a dispute  ...

One thing.. you normally open a claim (in example to ask for a refund) .. that is just an official way to communicate to the seller (it's not a dispute yet), it's then converted to a dispute only if the seller doesn't collaborate to solve your issue (in example, refund you and close the ticket).
2016-11-5
Use props
Eric Mavic
lvl.2

United States

I ordered pretty early on the 27th with no shipping notice as of last Tuesday I think. I asked DJI to ship or refund. They promptly refunded me which took about 4 days for the funds to come back. I always found them to be pretty responsive.
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-11-5 18:41
Ken, you may or may not be aware that Mac_A_Roll Avatar Picture is one of DJI employees from the v ...

Yes, I know. I asked for them to change it and they would not so I took care of it.
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Eric Mavic Posted at 2016-11-5 21:44
I ordered pretty early on the 27th with no shipping notice as of last Tuesday I think. I asked DJI t ...

That's correct, that's about the time frame it should take.
2016-11-5
Use props
KulaHI
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-4 11:03
And if you read the latest announcement it addresses this.
You are free to cancel however you like ...

Full refund or minus the currency conversion fee I keep hearing about?
2016-11-5
Use props
KulaHI
lvl.1

Canada

KulaHI Posted at 2016-11-5 11:54

NM.  Probably should have read through the entire thread before asking.
2016-11-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

KulaHI Posted at 2016-11-6 02:54

You get a full refund, this conversion fee comes from your bank, not DJI and contact your bank to get that refunded.
2016-11-5
Use props
KulaHI
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-5 12:38
You get a full refund, this conversion fee comes from your bank, not DJI and contact your bank to  ...

If we used PP this is all moot?
2016-11-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules