Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile kills my iPhone battery...
3074 6 2016-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa3cb8314
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1751102 ft
United Kingdom

New to Osmo, but have 2 inspires, so familiar with the software. Anyone else having problems with iPhone battery life. Take about 5-10 minutes of footage using the go App on a fully charged iPhone 6s and battery on phone drops to 5% and shuts off. No other problems with phone, lasts all day normally, play games, email etc etc, no issues, just when I use Osmo!??
2016-11-4
Use props
Jimmyb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31621 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's pretty much standard as I found on mine too. The DJI Go App chews through battery life unfortunately as well as its other issues that make it pretty much unusable.
2016-11-4
Use props
skay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31932 ft
United States

I had the same issue. The Apple battery case is usable with the Osmo Mobile and iPhone6S. I'm also curious to try the just-released update to Filmic Pro, which adds additional integration with Osmo Mobile, including ISO and Focus Pull from the grip.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansa3cb8314
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1751102 ft
United Kingdom

Pointless then... now just using the iPhone camera software and the Osmo mobile as a stand alone gimbal, shot about 30 mins video, from a full charge on phone down to 84%. Much better usage figure.
2016-11-4
Use props
PJBIDD
New

Spain

skay Posted at 2016-11-4 05:12
I had the same issue. The Apple battery case is usable with the Osmo Mobile and iPhone6S. I'm also curious to try the just-released update to Filmic Pro, which adds additional integration with Osmo Mobile, including ISO and Focus Pull from the grip.

The filmic pro app is excellent with the Osmo.  But I too have severe battery problems with the iPhone 6, and as the battery case will not fit, I am seriously contemplating returning the device
2017-8-11
Use props
PJBIDD
New

Spain

fansa3cb8314 Posted at 2016-11-4 22:50
Pointless then... now just using the iPhone camera software and the Osmo mobile as a stand alone gimbal, shot about 30 mins video, from a full charge on phone down to 84%. Much better usage figure.

Actually , apart from having to use the touch screen to start / stop recording etc, your probably right.  The app certainly kills the phone battery in minuted.
2017-8-11
Use props
PJBIDD
New

Spain

skay Posted at 2016-11-4 05:12

You CAN use the battery case, are you saying, because I find it too thick for the grip on the Osmo to work.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules