any way to get a p3 4k to get same distance as p3p?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
freddyms
lvl.2
United States

what makes the range longer in the p3p over the p3 4k? is it the controller? or would I have to mod the drone and the controller?
2016-11-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Different and incompatible radio technologies. The P3 4k is essentially a P3S with a 4k camera using wifi formats for signalling, which is a network orientated protocol. Not specifically designed for streaming video. Whereas the P3A & P3P use 'light bridge' which is a DJI Format and works over much greater range. This protocol appears to be optimised for streaming video.
You may be able to add range extenders to boost your current setup. I'm sure you will get some replies from those using such a setup.
2016-11-4
Use props
freddyms
lvl.2
United States

so yeah, not something easy

2016-11-4
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Easy thing to try is turn off the maximum range. Right now the most you can get is 500 meters, right? If your turn that off you can go further, providing you have no large obstructions. I have gone near 600 meter till I ran out of clear space and didn't dare go further. I have a P3S.
2016-11-4
Use props
freddyms
lvl.2
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-4 14:08
Easy thing to try is turn off the maximum range. Right now the most you can get is 500 meters, right ...

I didn't see a way to turn that off. I will look later though.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules