Front LED Light Question on Vision+
1735 11 2015-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rrbcap.gmail
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

I just purchased a new Phantom 2 Vision+.  I spent several hours reading tutorials, watching videos, and finally reading the manuals but I do have a question on the LED Lighting, specifically the front LEDs.

I followed up the startup sequence (power on wifi extender, remote, and then copter, performed a calibration, connected to wifi on phone, established RTH Link, and had 8 Satellites.  I couldn't get the copter to start doing the CSC sequence so I ended up installing the RC software and recalibrate my controller. I also installed the software for the copter and ended up recalibrating what I think was called the MTU.  The accelerometer was off quite a bit and required basic calibration.

Enough of me babbling my question is this.

When I finally got the blades to spin I noticed the front right LED was red.  Does this indicate a problem or should I only be concerned with the rear LED lights.  From what I have read it sounds like all the signal indicators come from the rear but I was concerned why only the front left LED was red.  When I spooled up the motors both front LEDs were red and I believe that is just for navigation purposes.  

Is there anything I need to be worried about?  
I want to make sure I have as much knowledge before I go out and take her on her Maiden flight.

Thanks so much for your help.
2015-2-6
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

Red is normal for the front led's the rear are the ones that correspond to the card that should be attached to your transmitter.
2015-2-6
Use props
rrbcap.gmail
lvl.2

United States

SavannahQuad Posted at 2015-2-7 10:16
Red is normal for the front led's the rear are the ones that correspond to the card that should be a ...

Thank you SavannahQuad!  Any idea why only the front left one lights up red upon CSC initiation?  It seems to be fine now so maybe it was just a startup glitch?
2015-2-6
Use props
flyingduck88.gm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

It's my understanding that the front lights are red to indicate forward direction. Kinda like red should face away from the pilot and green faces towards the pilot.
2015-2-6
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

rrbcap.gmail Posted at 2015-2-7 10:59
Thank you SavannahQuad!  Any idea why only the front left one lights up red upon CSC initiation?   ...

You are certainly welcome!

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your next question.  Maybe one of the more experienced members can answer that.  
2015-2-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

SavannahQuad Posted at 2015-2-7 11:20
You are certainly welcome!

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your next question.  Maybe one of th ...

All I know is red is easier to see against a blue sky or clouds than yellow or green.  Just my opinion
2015-2-6
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-7 11:22
All I know is red is easier to see against a blue sky or clouds than yellow or green.  Just my opi ...

I think he was asking why only one of the fronts lit up red when he first started the quad.
"Any idea why only the front left one lights up red upon CSC initiation?  It seems to be fine now so maybe it was just a startup glitch?"

2015-2-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rrbcap.gmail Posted at 2015-2-7 10:59
Thank you SavannahQuad!  Any idea why only the front left one lights up red upon CSC initiation?   ...

Does only 1 red light come on the first time you start up?
2015-2-6
Use props
rrbcap.gmail
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-7 11:38
Does only 1 red light come on the first time you start up?

It did, but it's not now.  I'm curious if it's a certain RPM from the motor that triggers the front LED red lights to come on.  When I first power on using the CSC they are not on.  Once I give it a little juice they both light up.  It happened a few times where the front left LED lit up red.  Seems to be ok now but wasn't sure if there was a problem or if anyone else had insight on why this would occur.  Just didn't want to take it out on it's maiden flight and have it crash or fly to China.
2015-2-6
Use props
jtrager.carolin
lvl.3
United States

Have only 1 front red LED first light up I believe is normal.  When you increase the speed of the props, then they both will stay on until you power them down.  I have noticing the same thing on mine also.
2015-2-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rrbcap.gmail Posted at 2015-2-7 11:46
It did, but it's not now.  I'm curious if it's a certain RPM from the motor that triggers the front ...

Both red lights will come on in the front as soon as the motors come on.  I just started mine and that is what happened.  They came on solid red.
2015-2-6
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Being an airplane guy red is left and green is right.
2015-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules