Casey Neistat
2892 28 2016-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ku44WFUTyoxJ
lvl.1

United States

Looks like Casey got a new Mavic before 99% of us consumers...
Check out @CaseyNeistat's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CaseyNeistat/status/794689205045698561?s=09
2016-11-4
Use props
tgs3838
lvl.3
Flight distance : 213957 ft
United States

You knew it would happen. Surprised it took this long really.
2016-11-4
Use props
ku44WFUTyoxJ
lvl.1

United States

Sorry for the double post. Phone glitched out. Haha
2016-11-4
Use props
Abaco305
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>

So unfair that he gets two and ordered mid October, if he even ordered the second one. I'll keep waiting like the rest of us who ordered before the guy who doesn't post one clip of safe piloting.  When you get rich you don't have to pay for anything anymore and forget standing in line.
2016-11-4
Use props
ecarTrace
lvl.2

United States

Well yeah the dude is going to get thousands of people to buy one. Not fair but it makes business sense.
2016-11-4
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Good for Casey. He is tbe best advertisement DJI could have. He has bought more drones from DJI than anyone here. In my opinion, he deserves one more than anyone here as well. He spends his time flying and posting video, not bitching that he does not have his drone before everypne else in the world. Plus, I am sure he bought it. I doubt it was another free one.
2016-11-4
Use props
Abaco305
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316772 ft
  • >>>

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-5 11:27
Good for Casey. He is tbe best advertisement DJI could have. He has bought more drones from DJI than ...

I guess you fly your drones over children, through cities, flight paths, and over highly populated areas. Might explain why you think that he is DJI's best form of advertising. In that case I hope more people like Casey DON"T buy drones. Then maybe the rest of us who fly responsibly will be able to enjoy flying for years to come. Not to mention taking a Beta drone, launching it in a highly populated area and losing it in the middle of NY is just irresponsible, whatever the reason he had the flyaway. He does have great reviews on products and some of his adventures and I am guilty of watching many of his youtube videos and will in the future. And I would bet it was free. Good or bad i's still advertising. First thing he did...put a pict on twitter.
2016-11-4
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft

Abaco305 Posted at 2016-11-5 11:42
I guess you fly your drones over children, through cities, flight paths, and over highly populated ...

Think he lost it over water according to gps.
2016-11-4
Use props
Lost Mavic
lvl.2

Australia

thehippoz Posted at 2016-11-5 12:18
Think he lost it over water according to gps.

According to a guy who didn't know how to focus the camera. He may just have left it on the subway.
2016-11-5
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lost Mavic Posted at 2016-11-5 07:52
According to a guy who didn't know how to focus the camera. He may just have left it on the subway ...

Most of the people that got the Mavic in the beginning to test didn't know it was tap to focus, so you can't say that. He's used to the P4 which didn't do that. And can you really say it was his fault for the fly away with the amount of problems everyone has been having? There was a guy that just posted today about having pretty much the same scenario happen to him in China, his Mavic is now gone too. Not user error, there's something that still needs to be fixed.
2016-11-5
Use props
Flyinhi
lvl.2
Canada

I preordered my Mavic right after watching Casey's vlog. What amazes me is that DJI didn't rush a half dozen more Mavics over to him the second he lost his. Cheapest marketing they will ever do and whether people like it or not he does deserve it.
2016-11-5
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

I'm happy for him that he gets one, and I do not mind waiting longer.
2016-11-5
Use props
JH3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 688894 ft
Australia

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-5 21:30
I'm happy for him that he gets one, and I do not mind waiting longer.

and he just smashed another phantom 4, so the mavic will come in handy
2016-11-5
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Yep that's Casey
2016-11-5
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

People sure talk a lot of smack about Casey. And if someone like me points out how much DJI product he buys, or that others buy DJI product because of him, the they gey blasted and accused of being reckless and stupid. I don't know how you became an expert on my flying habits, but that's fine. To me, it just comes off as jealousy of his success.

The fact is, you have no facts about he acquired his new drone. Might have been sent by DJI, might have been bought on ebay. Might have been gifted by a fan. And, you also have no facts pertaining to how his first Mavic was lost. Odds are, it was the failed RTH issue that so many others have seen. Funny how it's DJI's fault for everyone but Casey...
2016-11-5
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If he was at the release, there's a good chance that he got one of the priority codes for his order and that's why he has it now.
2016-11-5
Use props
fans61b37ad7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-4 23:27
Good for Casey. He is tbe best advertisement DJI could have. He has bought more drones from DJI than ...

Completely disagree with you. I think ijustine did the best job of introducing the Mavic. Even DJI thought she would be the best to preview the product as they used her in their initial USA Press conference. Her trick of starting with a small purse and then producing a working drone from it, was Genius.
2016-11-5
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

The guy's a dick, high time the FAA took steps to have him prosecuted.
2016-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

He has done nothing to help the cause of drone flyers especially in USA , he will be the first bad example brought up by lobbies against flying drones, he may be good in the short term for dji but as it stands for all hobbyists he is doing untold damage,
But it seems he still has his worshippers here amongst people here who can't see the wood from the trees..
2016-11-5
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

fans61b37ad7 Posted at 2016-11-5 13:01
Completely disagree with you. I think ijustine did the best job of introducing the Mavic. Even DJI ...

Yes, I completely agree. iJustine (the lovable, bi-polar, blonde hottie) DID do the best promo video. I suspect DJI was with her the entire time, helping to direct and edit. I thought the video was great, but her actual on-stage presentation at the event in NY was a bit disappointing.

I did not actually mean Casey was the BEST advertisement, though that is what I said... I merely meant that putting pre-release Mavic drones into the hands of popular YouTube personalities (in general) was the best advertisement they could have. The guys from TESTED also had a hands on with DJI present, on Treasure Island in SF, CA. Both more were more effective than Casey, but in the end, Casey has the largest number of subscribers at over 5M.
2016-11-5
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I've been critical of Casey's practices for a while and I've noticed something in the last couple episodes... he is at least acknowledging that there are rules.  I never said he is following them, but it's the first time I have heard him even acknowledge the fact that there may be some restrictions that he (or others) should be concerned with.  

I'll be curious to see if he brings his flying into the realm of "legal" or not.  I'd just settle for him doing things that are somewhat reasonable and don't give all the other fliers such a bad name.
2016-11-5
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-11-5 19:10
I've been critical of Casey's practices for a while and I've noticed something in the last couple ep ...

He's maybe been spoken to by FAA or law enforcement. I've seen comments on his videos from folks who say they've reported him to authorities.
2016-11-5
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-11-5 15:27
He's maybe been spoken to by FAA or law enforcement. I've seen comments on his videos from folks wh ...

Interesting.  I don't normally read the comments on Youtube, but it does not surprise me at all.  Guess we'll see if he cleans up his act.  Of course it's still fun to see him ride his BoostBoard through traffic!  LOL!
2016-11-5
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

fans61b37ad7 Posted at 2016-11-5 14:01
Completely disagree with you. I think ijustine did the best job of introducing the Mavic. Even DJI ...

I think Tom's Tech Time does the best review. It's 38 minutes long but very informative.

2016-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-11-5 20:10
I think Tom's Tech Time does the best review. It's 38 minutes long but very informative.

https:// ...

He does great reviews very informative.
2016-11-5
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

I'm sure the FAA has gone after him, but he's probably protected by YouTubes lawyers.
2016-11-5
Use props
fansf906a12b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

I'd prefer to listen to Phil Bloom on video quality than Casey. Casey is entertaining but is not very technically knowledgable.

2016-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansf906a12b Posted at 2016-11-5 22:39
I'd prefer to listen to Phil Bloom on video quality than Casey. Casey is entertaining but is not ver ...

Yeah don't need Casey to teach us to be idiots, we can do that easily enough ourselves.
2016-11-5
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
United States

Just to be clear... They are FAA rules, not FAA laws. There is a difference. But there is the potential of liability. I am careful, and don't do stupid things... But that's common sense, not because of the FAA. Personally, I couldn't care less about the FAA. I just care about being safe.
2016-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules