Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Australian guy flies drone in Yosemite National Park
5176 11 2016-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barparildar
New

I guess I am the only one following the National Parks Rules. I see a new video coming everyday from Yosemite.

Should I fly my drone too?

Check this out

2016-11-5
Use props
erhard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78665 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Do u start to rob other people just because other people do it ?
2016-11-5
Use props
erhard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78665 ft
  • >>>
Austria

2016-11-5
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is the thing about National and State parks. The drone can not take off or land in these parks. You can fly over them all you want! If you have to make an emergency landing, or, the drone falls out of the sky and they can trace that drone to you,....you go to jail! Drones have  a bad rap already...because of a few who decided to break rules and laws with them. As for myself, I will not add to that bad rap by flying my P3P's in a manor that will jeopardize integrity and the rules and laws placed upon flying drones. Perform an integrity check on yourself each time you fly!
2016-11-5
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2016-11-5 09:53
Here is the thing about National and State parks. The drone can not take off or land in these parks. ...

Agree with most of what you said, would add one small thing. Don't want to go back and forth about it, it's just what I've read and come to this conclusion. State parks and Nat Forest (not parks) I totally agree on that front. But in my view based on what I've read, Nat. Parks are different as the flight over is concerned. That even if off property and you do a fly over of a Nat. Park and get caught doing it, you can get into trouble if they want to make an issue about it.
2016-11-5
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2016-11-5 05:53
Here is the thing about National and State parks. The drone can not take off or land in these parks. ...

With regards to state parks, it depends on the state. In California it is explicitly permitted in state parks however in Hawai'i it is explicitly forbidden.
2016-11-8
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft

RSW Posted at 2016-11-9 03:24
With regards to state parks, it depends on the state. In California it is explicitly permitted in  ...

I believe the actual CA State Parks rule is that it depends on the head ranger of the park.  He can shut you off from flying with some endangered species, mating season, or an event that might be safety related (Too many people, etc.). Best to ask the head guy before you fly.  His understudies might say "No" as a general reply.

Problem with the FAA rules, NFZ, TFRs, etc. is that many who buy these things never bother to read about them or even sign up with the FAA for the $5.  They'll just treat it as a toy, hand it to their kids, and let it rip - rules be damned.  Some tourists may never even know about them either until too late.
2016-11-8
Use props
fans05e884bf
New
United States

erhard Posted at 2016-11-5 04:06

If you are able to ask this question, you should also be able to understand that my question was as sarcastic as your question.
2018-11-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning footage. I guess it is entirely up to you as long as you are prepared to face the consequences of your actions if caught. Same as anything in life.
2018-11-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Nice Video !!
2018-11-25
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft