FiLMiC Pro 5.5 Brings Major OSMO Mobile Support: TUTORIAL
8391 6 2016-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eliotfitzroy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492 ft
Australia

FiLMiC Pro — which is  the best professional video app available on iOS in my opionion — just released version 5.5 in the app store which bring some pretty incredible support for the OSMO Mobile via a tri-modal control system. Here is a tutorial that teaches you how to use it:

Hope it is of some use to those FiLMiC Pro OSMO Mobile shooters here, as well as those thinking about finding a pro video app solution. Enjoy!
2016-11-5
Use props
fans873b8a95
lvl.1

Italy

Can I record motion timelapse in 4K in filmic pro?
2016-11-5
Use props
fans8af42967
lvl.1

Unfortunately, Filmic Pro confirm that they can't turn off OIS. Reading at the comment section in the youtube video, they suggested to use iPhone SE that doesn't have OIS. I can imagine majority of people who purchased iPhone for better video quality would have chosen the latest and the greatest iPhone.
2016-11-6
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans873b8a95 Posted at 2016-11-6 02:47
Can I record motion timelapse in 4K in filmic pro?

At this time you cant do motion timelapses in Filmic Pro. Only static timelapses. Maybe Filmic Pro will integrate that feature one day, or maybe not.

Downside: Cant do motion timelapse in Filmic Pro at this time.
Upside: You can get much better image quality in Filmic Pro than you can with DJI GO, since all controls during timelapse in Filmic Pro are manual, whereas all controls in DJI GO during timelapse are auto.
2016-11-6
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans8af42967 Posted at 2016-11-6 19:04
Unfortunately, Filmic Pro confirm that they can't turn off OIS. Reading at the comment section in th ...

Apple never provided the ability for themselves, or any third party apps to turn off OIS, since OIS is a mechanical feature. In other words, they never designed a mechanical piece in the hardware that would put the brakes on the OIS. However, they have allowed third party apps like Filmic Pro the ability to turn off the auto or cinematic software-based stabilization. And this is precisely what Filmic Pro has always offered, the ability to turn on or off cinematic stabilization. Filmic Pro has never been able to turn off OIS. Now, certain lenses do not have OIS, like the telephoto lens on the iPhone 7+, the front-facing selfie lens, and lenses on the iPhone 6 and below.
2016-11-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansf491992d Posted at 2016-11-7 10:46
Apple never provided the ability for themselves, or any third party apps to turn off OIS, since OI ...

Yes, you're correct.
2016-11-6
Use props
eddiersm
New

United States

Does the DJI's auto tracking work with Filmic Pro?
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules