Anybody making a firmer foam inserts for the Inspire 1's, DJI case?
2138 6 2015-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chato1974.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3657356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love the Inspire 1 and the free case is a bonus, However is there a replacement for the DJI case's foam? The current foam is the cheap foam that your TV is shipped in. Plus my Inspire is chipping it away where the landing legs rest when inside the case. The good thing is it's Black and matched the case unlike the TV's white stuff. I was thinking of a foam-rubber material something that will hold up to years of in and out usage.

2015-2-6
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Just thinking, maybe not slippy enough when inserting the craft (rubber)
Maybe strong coton fabrics ?
But the idea is good, i will make some tests with different kinds of fabrics.

Seems like DJI got us all inspired. ;)
2015-2-6
Use props
kw9924.yahoo
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Pelican foam would be an option.  For the layout, u may take reference to  cases built for inspire 1 (Google that). Better get a pelican case as well. I've ordered mine from B&H with the foam.  Gives better protection and could check in if u travel on a plane.
2015-2-6
Use props
kilowong.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20741 ft
Hong Kong

kw9924.yahoo Posted at 2015-2-7 15:06
Pelican foam would be an option.  For the layout, u may take reference to  cases built for inspire 1 ...

which pelican size?
2015-2-6
Use props
kw9924.yahoo
lvl.2

Hong Kong

IM 2950. You can check out the size, similar to the original case
2015-2-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

The Peli case im2875 apparently allows for the whole DJI case to sit inside the Peli. Othwerwise you could pick and pluck teh foam to suit the Inspire.

There is a post on the forum somwhere that shows the DJI case inside the Peli case

http://www.samcases.co.uk/peli-s ... orm-im2875-case.htm
2015-2-7
Use props
jjsantry82.gmai
lvl.1

United States

Check out the new Inspire 1 case by FlyMotion Unmanned Systems. The foam is very firm and there is no egg-crate foam that other case manufacturers use. It's also a rugged Pelican case shell and meets military standards for official government use. They are available at http://www.cadronesupply.com/fly ... cal-transport-case/
2015-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules