DJI has no respect for their reseller partners
2718 15 2016-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans24658fdd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54367 ft
United States

I ordered my Fly More Combo from B&H Photo literally within the first few minutes after the announcement (9/27) and to this date I'm yet to receive an update about when it will be shipped.
I always buy directly from DJI, but both their site and the app were broken on the day of the launch, so I clicked on the promo email I received from B&H (which they actually sent out before the announcement was even over) featuring the Mavic and trusted that a major electronics company would honor relationships with major resellers like B&H...
Big mistake.
Not only do I not have my Mavic yet, but I can't even get and estimate of when I will get it. B&H says they still haven't received an update from DJI themselves. And if I cancel the order to buy it somewhere else chances are I'll only get mine in over three months. At least.
I put my Phantom 4 on eBay and sold it right away on the day of the launch, so I've been drone-less for almost 6 weeks now. Sucks.

I used to say DJI is the Apple of drones...
I take it back.
Apple (whether you like the brand or not) delivers on their promisses when they put something up for pre-order.
They actually usually ship things a few days before the expected dates.

Anyway, I'm left frustrated, disappointed with a brand I used to respect and without reasonable options.
2016-11-6
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft

Yes well at this point, all yourself and everyone else who've ordered a Mavic can do is just wait, be super patient. It's all about DJI's abilities to ship as many Mavics as possible throughout each day, everything's down to them right now. Find something else to spark your interest and to keep yourself busy until the order does eventually arrive.
2016-11-6
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Well you ordered from a reseller, who knows when they ordered their shipment from DJI.  You also don't know where you are in line in B&H, so you are technically in a mini-line of the main line.  And no Apple failed to deliver on their new earbuds, they changed the release date to January.  I ordered on Sept 30th and I've only seen one other person on the 30th have a shipping notice.  You should be screaming to B&H not DJI, it's B&H who are shipping you the product and they are waiting on DJI.
2016-11-6
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-6 20:45
Well you ordered from a reseller, who knows when they ordered their shipment from DJI.  You also don ...

Your comment makes absolutely no sense.  Why should he be upset & screaming at B&H?  DJI manufacturers the product not them.
2016-11-6
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-6 20:57
Your comment makes absolutely no sense.  Why should he be upset & screaming at B&H?  DJI manufactu ...

He ordered from B&H, if he complains to them, they can then turn around and complain to DJI. B&H will have more clout talking to DJI then him or myself.  Also DJI can't do anything about his specific order at B&H, and he has no idea what number on the list he is with B&H.  He also does not know how many orders B&H will receive on their first shipment.  Plus DJI will not tell him when B&H will receive their shipment, as there are privacy laws they can't circumvent.
2016-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-6 13:10
He ordered from B&H, if he complains to them, they can then turn around and complain to DJI. B&H w ...

Your correct Lepus, it's not his job to do BH's bidding , his contract is with BH. END OF.
2016-11-6
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-6 20:45
Well you ordered from a reseller, who knows when they ordered their shipment from DJI.  You also don ...

You do not make any sense............
2016-11-6
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

MAVIC

double post
2016-11-6
Use props
fans24658fdd
lvl.2

It's funny how many of you seem to be so eager to quickly point your bitter little fingers at the victim and defend the party at fault here.
What you fail to understand is that DJI has business and marketing relationships with companies like B&H and they are supposed to honor them.
Yes, delays happen (and yes, the AirPods are delayed, but Apple never opened pre-orders for them, big difference), but not even informing your partners when they'll receive their shipment is just BS. I have contacted them multiple times and they say they keep pushing DJI for information and aren't getting an update. I ordered mine at 11am PST on the 27th of September. I am DEFINITELY within the first group of people to order. And yes, I ordered from a reseller (as I mentioned, because of DJI's incompetence in building a web platform that could deal with high volume). So, you can gang-up against people here to try to look cool to DJI, but they are the ones dropping the ball, not me. Not B&H.
And to answer one of your passive-agressive jab about me "finding something to keep myself busy", I have plenty to keep me busy and I don't mind waiting. I do mind being left in the dark, though.

Now go on and spew your angry rhetoric again.

2016-11-6
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

I never buy a bundle deal unless its in stock. So for this Mavic launch I split my order into:
1. Mavic only which shipped last Friday
2. Bag and two batteries still pending
3. All others still pending

I do think batteries are in short supply because my second order has not shipped. What DJI doesn't tell us is what is the gating item for increased shipment.  
2016-11-6
Use props
delsol95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8186496 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered right after watching the presentation and mine was shipped out on Friday.  Yours should be coming soon.  But if BH is still telling you they haven't heard from DJI, that's not exactly the truth.  Maybe they only received a few and don't want to say anything until they receive their entire shipment.
Untitled.jpg
2016-11-6
Use props
fansc65de5c1
Ban Posts
Italy

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-11-6
Use props
fans24658fdd
lvl.2

delsol95 Posted at 2016-11-7 02:43
I ordered right after watching the presentation and mine was shipped out on Friday.  Yours should be ...

Just got off the phone with them gain... No estimate.
They said they have none to send out and the rough estimate DJI gave them was mid-November.
I ordered at 10:45am PST on 09/27.
Could you please share what time you placed your order? Also, did you get the Fly More Combo?

Thanks
2016-11-7
Use props
delsol95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8186496 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans24658fdd Posted at 2016-11-8 04:10
Just got off the phone with them gain... No estimate.
They said they have none to send out and the  ...

I ordered the FLY MORE COMBO.  Just checked my email and got a confirmation order email at 9:32 am Pacific time on 9/27.
2016-11-7
Use props
gshaw31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 901316 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apple is better, really?  Did you order a IPhone 7 plus in jet black?  Won't get delivered until second week of December.  How in the world can that be better?  

It happens with all devices that are "hot"?  I say cancel your order, so we can move up!
2016-11-7
Use props
fans8f340c8f
lvl.2

Norway

Honestly i don't think B&H wants your help communicating with DJI guys....
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules